+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dean Smith leaves Aston Villa

Dean Smith leaves Aston Villa

Second Premier League manager to go in the last 24 hours

Re: Dean Smith leaves Aston Villa

With all these mgrs being sacked, Tan/Dalman/Choo are spoilt for choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    To be fair, the prospect of managing Cardiff City is very attractive too...

He did look like a man under pressure last game out on the telly.
    Agitated and vocal, very unlike himself.

The crazy world of the money-go-round that is modern day football continues.

Yes it may be a bit tongue in cheek to suggest that VT go get him, Farke etc.. and they wouldn't give us a second thought but at least our guys seem to have something other clubs lack... loyalty. Perhaps a bit too much!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ……but at least our guys seem to have something other clubs lack... loyalty. Perhaps a bit too much!
    I don’t understand this at all. What do you mean? Who has loyalty to who exactly?

He did look like a man under pressure last game out on the telly.
    Agitated and vocal, very unlike himself.

The crazy world of the money-go-round that is modern day football continues.

Yes it may be a bit tongue in cheek to suggest that VT go get him, Farke etc.. and they wouldn't give us a second thought but at least our guys seem to have something other clubs lack... loyalty. Perhaps a bit too much!
    Loyalty doesn't exist in football. Its naïve to think it does.

Harsh decision that I reckon, Villa over achieved last season and it seems to me Smith is paying a price for that now because the expectation would appear to be more of the same despite Grealish’s departure.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Harsh decision that I reckon, Villa over achieved last season and it seems to me Smith is paying a price for that now because the expectation would appear to be more of the same despite Grealish’s departure.
    Madness

Villa over achieved last season.....
    They've not been the same since John Terry left.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Loyalty doesn't exist in football. Its naïve to think it does.
    Perhaps loyalty is the wrong word but our lot have been seen to back the manager a bit longer than most in the hope that they can alter the course of events.

Villa seem to have ideas above their station and this decision seems ludicrous.
    Time will tell of course but it does seem that Deadly Doug's legacy lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Madness
    Much better than UB40

Perhaps loyalty is the wrong word but our lot have been seen to back the manager a bit longer than most in the hope that they can alter the course of events.
    I hate to break this to you, but City's hierarchy are currently looking for their eighth permanent manager in the space of the last eight years and their third within the last twelve months.

Dean Smith was at Villa for almost the exact length of time that Neil Warnock was at Cardiff. Meanwhile, Daniel Farke was at Norwich for four and half years - a year and a half longer than any City manager has lasted since Dave Jones was here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but City's hierarchy are currently looking for their eighth permanent manager in the space of the last eight years and their third within the last twelve months.

Dean Smith was at Villa for almost the exact length of time that Neil Warnock was at Cardiff. Meanwhile, Daniel Farke was at Norwich for four and half years - a year and a half longer than any City manager has lasted since Dave Jones was here.
    You have this irritating tendency to cut and paste a piece of text from a poster's post to put forward a skewed point of view, quite often inflammatory.

As such I tend to ignore many of your posts but in this case I make an exception.

The majority of Dean Smith's tenure at Villa has been successful, or should I say to the fans' approval, unlike say Neil Warnock's.
    Many, including yourself, were calling for his head from virtually day one.

By the way, I haven't noticed many posts from your good self regarding our rousing victory yesterday, perhaps I missed them
    I guarantee if we hadn't won you'd have been all over this board like a rash.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Indeed :
    Big Sam
    Olly
    Orange Neil.
    Farky.
    Smithy
    Sevn.
    Keano.
    Flynn.
    Page.
    Giggs.
    Slade.
    Lennon.

Bloody spolit for choice .

Oh and one R Mozza.

You have this irritating tendency to cut and paste a piece of text from a poster's post to put forward a skewed point of view, quite often inflammatory.
    I generally do that when the poster concerned is talking shite, as you are in this instance.

I was calling for Warnock's head from day one? Utter gash. I never once called for Warnock's head. Indeed, I haven't called for any manager's head since Lennie Lawrence. So you're talking shite again.

You haven't noticed many posts from me regarding yesterday's victory? That's because I wasn't there, I didn't see it on TV and I've been otherwise engaged for most of the last 24 hours..

If City hadn't won yesterday I'd be all over this board like a rash? What, like I was after the numerous defeats in recent months, you mean? You must be thinking of somebody else.

I don't think you can attribute loyalty to our board, more like ignorance.

I think it a bit harsh too but they are struggling this season and in my opinion haven't spent the Grealish money well. An ageing Young and Danny Ings don't really make up for who they've lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I don't think you can attribute loyalty to our board, more like ignorance.
    It feels more like inertia than loyalty - especially with Mick.

It was as if they were hoping something would turn up - like a win, or an affordable and exciting alternative manager/agent knocking on their door.

Maybe they have been working on a Plan B and C. Maybe they have brought in an adviser (as WOL suggested) who has helped them put together a club strategy and new manager profile. Maybe they have been holding exploratory talks in advance of a formal recruitment process. Maybe they are on the ball? But maybe not. The radio silence from the club doesn't inspire confidence.

Anyone at the game
    yesterday could see we have a great crop of youngsters, better passing game , passion , young manager .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It feels more like inertia than loyalty - especially with Mick.

It was as if they were hoping something would turn up - like a win, or an affordable and exciting alternative manager/agent knocking on their door.

Maybe they have been working on a Plan B and C. Maybe they have brought in an adviser (as WOL suggested) who has helped them put together a club strategy and new manager profile. Maybe they have been holding exploratory talks in advance of a formal recruitment process. Maybe they are on the ball? But maybe not. The radio silence from the club doesn't inspire confidence.
    Totally agree Jon,

I think of the board as a piece of performance art; a study in failure. It's a masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I generally do that when the poster concerned is talking shite, as you are in this instance.
    Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Totally agree Jon,

I think of the board as a piece of performance art; a study in failure. It's a masterpiece!
    For goodness sake stop moaning. Who is on the board, who the owner is and how they spend their time and Tans money is nothing to do with fans. Unless of course you want to put your money where your mouth is and buy into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    For goodness sake stop moaning. Who is on the board, who the owner is and how they spend their time and Tans money is nothing to do with fans. Unless of course you want to put your money where your mouth is and buy into the club.
    This is a thread about Aston Villa! Why don't you p**s off and fart in someone else's face you idiotic moron?