+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: first standing grounds announced

first standing grounds announced

Re: first standing grounds announced

I notice it says we'll be the first to offer standing in 30 years, forgetting about the old Grange end and the Bob Bank Terrace at Ninian Park

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I notice it says we'll be the first to offer standing in 30 years, forgetting about the old Grange end and the Bob Bank Terrace at Ninian Park
    It says top 2 tiers… I haven’t checked to see if we were all seater by the time we got promoted to the second tier or not…..

The way our attendances appear to be tracking, then safe standing could apply to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It says top 2 tiers… I haven’t checked to see if we were all seater by the time we got promoted to the second tier or not…..
    We were in the championship for a few years while still in Ninian park.

Scunthorpe, Brentford and Peterborough also had terraces while being in the second tier (I’m sure a few others too)

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    We were in the championship for a few years while still in Ninian park.

Scunthorpe, Brentford and Peterborough also had terraces while being in the second tier (I’m sure a few others too)
    Burton too.

However I think the article means “officially allowed”. Im pretty sure the old rules say that stadiums need to be all seater however some leeway was given for teams like us and Brentford who were planning to build new all seater stadiums in the near future. As well as teams like Burton and Posh who weren’t established top 2 tier teams so forcing them to go under massive renovations which might not be necessary the next season could’ve financially crippled them.

I'm absolutely all for this.

I don't understand why they are talking about trialling it in January though, it's already in place in some grounds

I guess it's a formal trial or whatever.

not often we are mentioned with Chelsea FC, Manchester City FC, Manchester United FC and Tottenham Hotspur FC

European super league please take note