+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin hits £50,000 for the first time this morning.

Bitcoin hits £50,000 for the first time this morning.

I know a few here have some. Do you think it will go higher soon?
    If you don't like Bitcoin please post your replies away from this thread.
    I thank you.

Re: Bitcoin hits £50,000 for the first time this morning.

Wish I'd bothered 5 or 6 years ago when I thought about it but instead put more into stocks which have rebounded very well and don't intend to touch for years anyway. But wish I'd had more balls at the time

Now have a small amount in BTC and ethereum but keep meaning to increase it, I'm just constantly surprised by how it keeps on moving. Waiting for it to fall off a cliff but just doesn't happen. Yet anyway.

What do you think happens to the BTC price when all are mined?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I know a few here have some. Do you think it will go higher soon?
    If you don't like Bitcoin please post your replies away from this thread.
    I thank you.
    Cryptocurrencies, then along came DeFi, followed by Yield Farming and NFT's. However, the future is the Metaverse!
    So much so, that Mark Zuckerberg is rebranding 'Facebook' to 'Meta' (I kid you not!). It's in its infancy, but a huge amount of money is going to flow into this. I've just bought my first Metaverse coin and can see the massive potential of this.
    I'm not going to touch my crypto assets, not until 2025 at least.

BTW: A collection of nine steampunk characters, sold for $16 million at Christie's recently. Crazy, huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Cryptocurrencies, then along came DeFi, followed by Yield Farming and NFT's. However, the future is the Metaverse!
    So much so, that Mark Zuckerberg is rebranding 'Facebook' to 'Meta' (I kid you not!). It's in its infancy, but a huge amount of money is going to flow into this. I've just bought my first Metaverse coin and can see the massive potential of this.

BTW: A collection of nine steampunk characters, sold for $16 million at Christie's recently. Crazy, huh!
    If you can post a link to a sensible explanation I would be grateful.
    I don't understand Defi at all.

I sold original stake of Bitcoin yesterday so essentially, everything left in my wallet is profit.
    I think it will go up a fair bit more then come back.

I'm at a loss with the NFT thing.
    Can't buy a lot of these on coinbase.
    Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    If you can post a link to a sensible explanation I would be grateful.
    I don't understand Defi at all.

I missed the boat on Defi myself, to be honest. I was sitting rather happily on my cryptocurrencies and simply couldn't be bothered to dig into the nuts & bolts of Defi. Getting up to speed with crypto alone had stretched me to the limits of my capabilities at times.

However, the Metaverse is going to revolutionise things and presents a great opportunity for those that feel they may have missed out on previous blockchain technology opportunities. It's not solely about gaming (which I hate), it can potentially change everything from the way you shop, buy a house, to being in the same room as someone who's on the other side of the world (in VR, of course!).

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I sold original stake of Bitcoin yesterday so essentially, everything left in my wallet is profit.
    I think it will go up a fair bit more then come back.

I'm at a loss with the NFT thing.
    Can't buy a lot of these on coinbase.
    Any recommendations?
    You won't be able to buy any NFT's on Coinbase. I don't have much experience of them myself. However, I do know that two of the most popular sites are www.opensea.io and www.rarible.com. I have only used OpenSea of the aforementioned.

I missed the boat on Defi myself, to be honest. I was sitting rather happily on my cryptocurrencies and simply couldn't be bothered to dig into the nuts & bolts of Defi. Getting up to speed with crypto alone had stretched me to the limits of my capabilities at times.

However, the Metaverse is going to revolutionise things and presents a great opportunity for those that feel they may have missed out on previous blockchain technology opportunities. It's not solely about gaming (which I hate), it can potentially change everything from the way you shop, buy a house, to being in the same room as someone who's on the other side of the world (in VR, of course!).
    Just watched the video, forgive me if I'm being dense, but I'm still not sure where the opportunity is apart from holding shares in those companies at the forefront of the technology?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Just watched the video, forgive me if I'm being dense, but I'm still not sure where the opportunity is apart from holding shares in those companies at the forefront of the technology?
    So, you can go on somewhere like 'Coingecko' and search for Metaverse coins/tokens. It's similar to buying stocks in a fledgling company that you think might do well, only these companies are part of Blockchain technology. Therefore you buy a digital asset and store it in a wallet (as you would with cryptocurrencies). Ultimately, you hope to purchase a coin/token at a low price while it's still in its infancy, sit back, and hope it grows in value.

Actually, you can also buy land and assets like cars, etc, and receive passive income from when people use them in the Metaverse... but that's going a bit deeper than my original post intended.

so....there are many Metaverse coins out there.......you have any 'fanciable' ones? MANA/AXS/ENJ/SAND/Other

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    so....there are many Metaverse coins out there.......you have any 'fanciable' ones? MANA/AXS/ENJ/SAND/Other
    I'm not well informed enough to give advice on which coins to buy. However, Sandbox (SAND) and Polkacity are two that l think will be around for a long time.
    I personally just bought Metahero because I liked the low price.

Terrifying.

When people take their profit from Bitcoin, and the price starts to drop, it tends to push up the alternative digital currencies, and this is where the big gains are made.