+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ICC T20 World Cup

Re: ICC T20 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Still haven't watched that documentary, will have to find it. But I wonder if it's that strangeness that makes him the batsman he is. His batting is all nervous energy, little prods and dabs. Full of tics and rituals in between balls to keep his concentration. Marnus Labuschagne is a bit similar, although a more classical strokemaker
    Yes, I think there's something to what you say about Smith and, although batsmanship has changed an awful lot from the days when I was a kid, I still don't see many coaches trying to get their charges to switch to his technique, it's highly individual and I'm fairly sure it wouldn't work for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I think there's something to what you say about Smith and, although batsmanship has changed an awful lot from the days when I was a kid, I still don't see many coaches trying to get their charges to switch to his technique, it's highly individual and I'm fairly sure it wouldn't work for everyone.
    Very true, its certainly unique. I'd imagine a few have tied themselves up in knots trying to emulate it. Always got the impression that he still spends a ridiculous amount of time practising his batting aswell. The way his very promising legspin has all but disappeared makes me think he has been laser focused on his batting

Don't think you would find many coaches approving the techniques of some of the England test team, Burns and Bairstow come to mind.