+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby to be deducted more points

Re: Derby to be deducted more points

I’m reading an old Brian Clough biography at the moment. Derby were at it in his day, flying by the seat of their pants, cash in carrier bags that Mr Clough was taking home to ‘mind’. Tapping up players promising under the counter cash payments etc etc. Have the Football League kept their powder dry for years and years, biding their time knowing eventually they’d get a stonewall case against them?

I do think that Reading should help them out though and take a few points deduction off them, only fair

Icing on the cake.

Latest statement on Derby website.

Pure gobbledegook.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/01/...-football-club

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Rooney and the administrators have been talking up the situation for months - as they must. But there doesn't seem to be much basis for it and the patched up squad is starting to unravel.

With debts to Boro, Wycombe and HMRC unresolved and on the face of it requiring full payment, together with all the other debts, there looks like a real prospect of a player fire sale in the next few weeks, followed by relegation and a 15 points deduction at the start of next season in League One.

I was trying really hard not to smile whilst typing that.
    I feel for the fans if I am honest - they are being punished for the club owners actions

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m reading an old Brian Clough biography at the moment. Derby were at it in his day, flying by the seat of their pants, cash in carrier bags that Mr Clough was taking home to ‘mind’. Tapping up players promising under the counter cash payments etc etc. Have the Football League kept their powder dry for years and years, biding their time knowing eventually they’d get a stonewall case against them?

I do think that Reading should help them out though and take a few points deduction off them, only fair

We need to have words my darling

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We need to have words my darling
    It worked with just a ‘paragraph’ of bait

A couple of Tory MPs piling in to 'save' Derby County!

They want government intervention to unblock a sale held up by Derby not clearing its football debts.

Another strand of Operation Red Meat (aka Operation Deflect and Distract from Partygate)?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-60027177

they've had bids for some of their players that they've turned down apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they've had bids for some of their players that they've turned down apparently
    Yep, I don't see why they're hellbent on pissing off the EFL even more than they have already

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yep, I don't see why they're hellbent on pissing off the EFL even more than they have already
    I think the fact they might stay up has something to do with that!

I think their fans have suffered enough.
    Do we really want to see another Bury in the making.?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I feel for the fans if I am honest - they are being punished for the club owners actions
    The same fans who gnashed teeth if expensive transfers weren't made.

It's hard to feel for fans when they were tight lipped when things were rosy?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Easy - they hired a decent manager.
    They hired a manager.

How he's turned out to be a decent one is anyone's guess - he looked out of his depth last season

Interesting statement just put out by Middlesborough - explains the reasons for their (and Wycombe's) claim against Derby and the problems with the stance of the Derby administrators:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting statement just put out by Middlesborough - explains the reasons for their (and Wycombe's) claim against Derby and the problems with the stance of the Derby administrators:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county
    They're not mincing their words.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    They're not mincing their words.
    Yup... "MFC allege Derby County and its directors systematically cheated under the P&S Rules and that such cheating affects the integrity of the competition"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yup... "MFC allege Derby County and its directors systematically cheated under the P&S Rules and that such cheating affects the integrity of the competition"
    so are they claiming that being in the playoffs is worth £40 million, because I'm not sure how they arrive at that figure.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The same fans who gnashed teeth if expensive transfers weren't made.

It's hard to feel for fans when they were tight lipped when things were rosy?
    Same fans that called us welsh cnuts and should feck off to the welsh league when we moaned about snowgate..
    We should have let Wycombe beat us in the last game we should have scored a few own goals.
    Send Derby them down. feck em

I wouldn't want Derby to go out of business. We could easily be in that mess in future years as we have a virtually unsaleable club with huge debts all dependant on the finances of our owner.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Same fans that called us welsh cnuts and should feck off to the welsh league when we moaned about snowgate..
    We should have let Wycombe beat us in the last game we should have scored a few own goals.
    Send Derby them down. feck em
    Same fans that were gloating about the way they'd been cheating the system for years

F*ck them

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Same fans that were gloating about the way they'd been cheating the system for years

F*ck them
    Tbf when we were spending money we didn't have you would have struggled to hear many saying "steady now Sam".

Just fans getting carried away mostly. I'd be surprised if most fans know much of anything about the finances

It is amusing as in that thread though to see the gloating, one girl in particular then bemoaning the situation.

Derby will survive. The Govt will put pressure on the EFL who in turn will apply pressure on Boro and Wycombe who will agree to significantly less compensation.
    Let’s hope the dispute goes on until the end of the transfer window

The Derby saga is not getting any better.

EFL and Middlesborough giving them both barrels whilst the administrators stall and blather!

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/januar...county-update/

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/an-open-l...erby-county-fc

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/01/...-football-club[url]

Derby are not helping themselves!

It's getting very messy isn't it.