+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Medical Help Wanted

Medical Help Wanted

Ever since giving up smoking 4 months ago I have been drinking lots of water as a substitute. About 8 pints a day. It's working really well. But I keep waking up in the middle of the night absolutely parched, with a mouth like a nun's chuff. How can I still be thirsty after all that water? Do I need to start writing a will? Or should I start smoking again?

Re: Medical Help Wanted

Supposedly a possible symptom of diabetes. If you can, make an appointment with your GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Ever since giving up smoking 4 months ago I have been drinking lots of water as a substitute. About 8 pints a day. It's working really well. But I keep waking up in the middle of the night absolutely parched, with a mouth like a nun's chuff. How can I still be thirsty after all that water? Do I need to start writing a will? Or should I start smoking again?
    Dry mouth can occur when you give up smoking. Don t go back to smoking. It took me a while to get over it but all well now.

Of course, if concerned, ask your doctor or pharmacist

Daft response but have you recently put the central heating on and closed all your windows in the house?
    I'd still check with a medical expert though if you're concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Dry mouth can occur when you give up smoking. Don t go back to smoking. It took me a while to get over it but all well now.

Of course, if concerned, ask your doctor or pharmacist
    That's the best place to start. Do you snore or have sleep apnoea? Sleep on your back? Overweight? Probably nothing but when did you last have a series of blood tests, blood pressure checked?

Eight pints of water a day is a lot. Are you drinking tea, coffee, beer etc as well? If you are drinking that much because you are feeling thirsty all the time then definitely see your GP

Maybe you need to dilute the water...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Daft response but have you recently put the central heating on and closed all your windows in the house?
    I'd still check with a medical expert though if you're concerned.
    It's not a daft response at all. What you're getting at is a lack humidity in the air.

Homes should be between 40-60% humid.

Could be sleep apnea ? I was diagnosed with this 2 years ago.

Banned

Have a nice big donner kebab mun