+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January Investment

January Investment

Hearing that there will be a modest (by footballing terms) investment made into the club in December/January in order to see the club through to the end of the season where we are likely to see some changes in shareholding/ownership. From what I could gather, the investment is not from Tan but a new investor.

This comes from someone who used work at the club and is still in contact with the club.

The investment will help ease some of the short term case flow issues and help the clubs ongoing litigation issues which includes of course the Sala tragedy and the Isaacs and Hammam cases.

The club apparently, remain confident on all three cases but preparing for the worse.

I did ask if a new manager will have any money to spend on players... the coach in question asked this and was told it would be 'modest' and that players will need to leave in order to bring new ones it, but the club do realise (a bit late) that the playing squad does need some investment and that remaining in the championship is paramount to moving forward, so the new manager will be able to bring in a few players - "all of the coaches at the club have been telling the management that any decent manager will need to bring in a few players and a decent manager wouldn't take the job if they aren't allowed to do that, especially with the obvious deficiencies in the squad".

I did press on the manager situation but this was stonewalled.

I trust the guy who has given me some decent info in the past... but mainly on the playing side as he was a coach at city.

Re: January Investment

Think the appointment of the new bloke to work on the financial side in the summer is probably relevant here.

When you say 'was a coach' does that mean he's recently left the club to take up a different role about 15 miles to the east?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    When you say 'was a coach' does that mean he's recently left the club to take up a different role about 15 miles to the east?
    Ha Ha

No not that one.

But was coaching at city for a while. Not a well known name.

there was something posted a while ago saying that they were seeking some additional investment

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Hearing that there will be a modest (by footballing terms) investment made into the club in December/January in order to see the club through to the end of the season where we are likely to see some changes in shareholding/ownership. From what I could gather, the investment is not from Tan but a new investor.

This comes from someone who used work at the club and is still in contact with the club.

The investment will help ease some of the short term case flow issues and help the clubs ongoing litigation issues which includes of course the Sala tragedy and the Isaacs and Hammam cases.

The club apparently, remain confident on all three cases but preparing for the worse.

I did ask if a new manager will have any money to spend on players... the coach in question asked this and was told it would be 'modest' and that players will need to leave in order to bring new ones it, but the club do realise (a bit late) that the playing squad does need some investment and that remaining in the championship is paramount to moving forward, so the new manager will be able to bring in a few players - "all of the coaches at the club have been telling the management that any decent manager will need to bring in a few players and a decent manager wouldn't take the job if they aren't allowed to do that, especially with the obvious deficiencies in the squad".

I did press on the manager situation but this was stonewalled.

I trust the guy who has given me some decent info in the past... but mainly on the playing side as he was a coach at city.
    Fingers crossed