+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City Phone In Monday 8th November

Cardiff City Phone In Monday 8th November

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned this, but one of the guests was saying that a mate of his spoke to Ken Choo in London and it was inferred that Steve Morison would be appointed manager.
    I hope so!

There was also a fascinating story about an Iranian goalkeeper wearing a Cardiff City shirt (a blue outfield one) in an international match against Australia in 1976!

Re: Cardiff City Phone In Monday 8th November

Wouldn’t we have appointed Morison earlier in the week if that was the case?

Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that he was offered the job but wanted to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wouldn’t we have appointed Morison earlier in the week if that was the case?
    I’ve been wondering about this myself. Maybe the delay is down to the January investment mentioned in another thread.
    What I mean is that any manager’s going to want to know his budget and that January could be key to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I’ve been wondering about this myself. Maybe the delay is down to the January investment mentioned in another thread.
    What I mean is that any manager’s going to want to know his budget and that January could be key to all this.
    Possibly, but we're getting towards the end of the first week of the fortnight's break now and I must admit I was thinking that we'd have made an appointment by now. If I had to guess, we have someone else in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that he was offered the job but wanted to retire.
    I heard the deal fell through when he was told we didn't have the budget for a golden chariot pulled by unicorns.

He'd have taken it in a heartbeat

If that's true it kind of sums us up at the moment that we would go from offering the job to Warnock then when he doesn't want it give it to Steve Morison. I'm hopeful that if we do get Morison then he'll end up being an excellent appointment. Given that Warnock and Morison are miles apart when it comes to playing style, experience, focus on youth etc the hiring process seems a little chaotic to say the least - I'm hopeful that we will make a good appointment, but I feel if w do it'll be more by luck than judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If that's true it kind of sums us up at the moment that we would go from offering the job to Warnock then when he doesn't want it give it to Steve Morison. I'm hopeful that if we do get Morison then he'll end up being an excellent appointment. Given that Warnock and Morison are miles apart when it comes to playing style, experience, focus on youth etc the hiring process seems a little chaotic to say the least - I'm hopeful that we will make a good appointment, but I feel if w do it'll be more by luck than judgement.
    Our intrepid team of hirers have been playing roulette for years now. I'm hoping it isn't true and it's Warnock's ego talking but whatever the truth, he shows no class. There's egotistical and then there's Neil. I wish he'd keep his nose out of CCFC and I wish WOL would stop giving him column inches. He metaphorically fisted his 'good mate' in front of everyone at the 'borough match and if it is MoRison he's kinda p*ssing on his parade. I wish he'd f*ck off and f*cking retire.

There. I'll not say another word about the bloke again.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Our intrepid team of hirers have been playing roulette for years now. I'm hoping it isn't true and it's Warnock's ego talking but whatever the truth, he shows no class. There's egotistical and then there's Neil. I wish he'd keep his nose out of CCFC and I wish WOL would stop giving him column inches. He metaphorically fisted his 'good mate' in front of everyone at the 'borough match and if it is MoRison he's kinda p*ssing on his parade. I wish he'd f*ck off and f*cking retire.

There. I'll not say another word about the bloke again.
    Agree 100%, Cornwall is welcome to him