+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Cross Beale off the list

  1. #1

    Cross Beale off the list

    Looks like he's gone to Villa with Gerrard.

  2. #2

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    He'd probably still take a manager's job if it was offered.

  3. #3

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He'd probably still take a manager's job if it was offered.
    I think Welsh Lad's post in another thread suggests we may have been waiting on a decision by Beale - here's confirmation that Gerrard has joined Villa;-

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59238635

  4. #4

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Actually, although some on twitter are saying Beale's going to Villa, only Gary McCalllister has been mentioned in anything official so far.

  5. #5

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Actually, although some on twitter are saying Beale's going to Villa, only Gary McCalllister has been mentioned in anything official so far.
    Welsh Lad's record is the best around I'd say for "inside info", I'd expect Morison to be named as manager soon.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Welsh Lad's record is the best around I'd say for "inside info", I'd expect Morison to be named as manager soon.
    I hope so

  8. #8

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Contact was made with former Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock". What does that mean? Surely there was no conversation about him becoming manager? And I would hope they weren't looking to him for any more recommendations.

  9. #9

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I hope so
    Id have preferred Beale, but Id not be disappointed by Morison even if Id be a bit concerned that we could easily have lost all three of the games hes taken charge of. Hopefully, if is to be Morison, therell be a bit of a boost all round because appointing him as full time manager would give a sense of permanence, in so far as there can be one in football.

    If Vincent Tan continues to insist on us not having a Director of Football, then, as it stands, were left with Morison, the three remaining members of the transfer Committee, whose record of running a successful modern day football club is, being generous, patchy and a lot of youth team coaches - in that case, Id like to see us appoint a first team coach/Assistant Manager with some experience of sorting ropey defences out, but Id be amazed if it happened.

  10. #10

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Id have preferred Beale, but Id not be disappointed by Morison even if Id be a bit concerned that we could easily have lost all three of the games hes taken charge of. Hopefully, if is to be Morison, therell be a bit of a boost all round because appointing him as full time manager would give a sense of permanence, in so far as there can be one in football.

    If Vincent Tan continues to insist on us not having a Director of Football, then, as it stands, were left with Morison, the three remaining members of the transfer Committee, whose record of running a successful modern day football club is, being generous, patchy and a lot of youth team coaches - in that case, Id like to see us appoint a first team coach/Assistant Manager with some experience of sorting ropey defences out, but Id be amazed if it happened.
    I imagine Ramasut would fill one of those roles.

    But you're right, if Morison gets the job then that will leave a number of gaps that need to be filled. Morison & Ramasut may fill the roles vacated by Mick & Connor but that still leaves Rowberry's role, as well as James McCarthy who wasn't properly replaced, and obviously you'll need people to come in to cover Morison & Ramasut in the u23s

  11. #11

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Welsh Lad's record is the best around I'd say for "inside info", I'd expect Morison to be named as manager soon.
    Not unhappy with that - makes perfect sense but if that is the case why do the club need to wait another 24-48 hours to announce it as stated in the latest WOL article?? If it is SM then surely they can just announce it??

  12. #12

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not unhappy with that - makes perfect sense but if that is the case why do the club need to wait another 24-48 hours to announce it as stated in the latest WOL article?? If it is SM then surely they can just announce it??
    I think its just a very good and easy guess its Morison and within 48 hours could mean hes appointed in 5 minutes.

    Plus the delay could be over finalising a contract and agreeing terms with Morison.

    Welshlad is the most reliable on inside info on any fans board so for the 1st time im almost 100 percent convinced its Morison. 1/5 too short for a bet though.

  13. #13

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not unhappy with that - makes perfect sense but if that is the case why do the club need to wait another 24-48 hours to announce it as stated in the latest WOL article?? If it is SM then surely they can just announce it??
    Maybe they want him but haven’t drawn up the contract or terms agreed or something

  14. #14

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    If we end up with Morison till the end of the season, then fair enough. The maddening thing about it, though, is that Dalman publicly wrote him off due to lack of experience just a couple of weeks ago so giving him the job full time just looks like they ran out of ideas again. It reeks of lazyness.

  15. #15

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    If we end up with Morison till the end of the season, then fair enough. The maddening thing about it, though, is that Dalman publicly wrote him off due to lack of experience just a couple of weeks ago so giving him the job full time just looks like they ran out of ideas again. It reeks of lazyness.
    It does.

    Morison comes across well and has done well for the u23 but it's a bit of a jump, the situation we find ourselves in is also quite some baptsim of fire for him.

    Good luck to him if it is him though, the players certainly look a bit happier.

  16. #16

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Contact was made with former Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock". What does that mean? Surely there was no conversation about him becoming manager? And I would hope they weren't looking to him for any more recommendations.
    Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that he was offered the job but wanted to retire so rejected the offer.

  17. #17
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    12,124

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that he was offered the job but wanted to retire so rejected the offer.
    Do you believe Warnock?

    I don't.

    I can believe he has had a phone discussion with Dalman. But 'offered the job'? No.

  18. #18

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    I'm not convinced on Morison but have to give him my support if he is given the job. Whilst i have seen change, I don't necessarily see improvement but I think half the issue is a confidence one also.

    But christ, massive risk taken by the club.

  19. #19

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that he was offered the job but wanted to retire so rejected the offer.
    Did he? He said he had the chance to come back to Cardiff a few weeks ago to say goodbye, ie the Boro game. I dont think he meant the job.

  20. #20

    Re: Cross Beale off the list

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think its just a very good and easy guess its Morison and within 48 hours could mean hes appointed in 5 minutes.

    Plus the delay could be over finalising a contract and agreeing terms with Morison.

    Welshlad is the most reliable on inside info on any fans board so for the 1st time im almost 100 percent convinced its Morison. 1/5 too short for a bet though.
    Now 1/10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •