+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cross Beale off the list

Cross Beale off the list

Looks like he's gone to Villa with Gerrard.

Re: Cross Beale off the list

He'd probably still take a manager's job if it was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He'd probably still take a manager's job if it was offered.
    I think Welsh Lad's post in another thread suggests we may have been waiting on a decision by Beale - here's confirmation that Gerrard has joined Villa;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59238635

Actually, although some on twitter are saying Beale's going to Villa, only Gary McCalllister has been mentioned in anything official so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Actually, although some on twitter are saying Beale's going to Villa, only Gary McCalllister has been mentioned in anything official so far.
    Welsh Lad's record is the best around I'd say for "inside info", I'd expect Morison to be named as manager soon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Welsh Lad's record is the best around I'd say for "inside info", I'd expect Morison to be named as manager soon.
    I hope so

"Contact was made with former Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock". What does that mean? Surely there was no conversation about him becoming manager? And I would hope they weren't looking to him for any more recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I hope so
    I’d have preferred Beale, but I’d not be disappointed by Morison even if I’d be a bit concerned that we could easily have lost all three of the games he’s taken charge of. Hopefully, if is to be Morison, there’ll be a bit of a boost all round because appointing him as full time manager would give a sense of permanence, in so far as there can be one in football.

If Vincent Tan continues to insist on us not having a Director of Football, then, as it stands, we’re left with Morison, the three remaining members of the transfer Committee, whose record of running a successful modern day football club is, being generous, patchy and a lot of youth team coaches - in that case, I’d like to see us appoint a first team coach/Assistant Manager with some experience of sorting ropey defences out, but I’d be amazed if it happened.

I’d have preferred Beale, but I’d not be disappointed by Morison even if I’d be a bit concerned that we could easily have lost all three of the games he’s taken charge of. Hopefully, if is to be Morison, there’ll be a bit of a boost all round because appointing him as full time manager would give a sense of permanence, in so far as there can be one in football.

If Vincent Tan continues to insist on us not having a Director of Football, then, as it stands, we’re left with Morison, the three remaining members of the transfer Committee, whose record of running a successful modern day football club is, being generous, patchy and a lot of youth team coaches - in that case, I’d like to see us appoint a first team coach/Assistant Manager with some experience of sorting ropey defences out, but I’d be amazed if it happened.
    I imagine Ramasut would fill one of those roles.

But you're right, if Morison gets the job then that will leave a number of gaps that need to be filled. Morison & Ramasut may fill the roles vacated by Mick & Connor but that still leaves Rowberry's role, as well as James McCarthy who wasn't properly replaced, and obviously you'll need people to come in to cover Morison & Ramasut in the u23s

Not unhappy with that - makes perfect sense but if that is the case why do the club need to wait another 24-48 hours to announce it as stated in the latest WOL article?? If it is SM then surely they can just announce it??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not unhappy with that - makes perfect sense but if that is the case why do the club need to wait another 24-48 hours to announce it as stated in the latest WOL article?? If it is SM then surely they can just announce it??
    I think its just a very good and easy guess its Morison and within 48 hours could mean hes appointed in 5 minutes.

Plus the delay could be over finalising a contract and agreeing terms with Morison.

Welshlad is the most reliable on inside info on any fans board so for the 1st time im almost 100 percent convinced its Morison. 1/5 too short for a bet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Maybe they want him but haven’t drawn up the contract or terms agreed or something

If we end up with Morison till the end of the season, then fair enough. The maddening thing about it, though, is that Dalman publicly wrote him off due to lack of experience just a couple of weeks ago so giving him the job full time just looks like they ran out of ideas again. It reeks of lazyness.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    If we end up with Morison till the end of the season, then fair enough. The maddening thing about it, though, is that Dalman publicly wrote him off due to lack of experience just a couple of weeks ago so giving him the job full time just looks like they ran out of ideas again. It reeks of lazyness.
    It does.

Morison comes across well and has done well for the u23 but it's a bit of a jump, the situation we find ourselves in is also quite some baptsim of fire for him.

Good luck to him if it is him though, the players certainly look a bit happier.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Contact was made with former Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock". What does that mean? Surely there was no conversation about him becoming manager? And I would hope they weren't looking to him for any more recommendations.
    Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that he was offered the job but wanted to retire so rejected the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Warnock said on Talksport yesterday that he was offered the job but wanted to retire so rejected the offer.
    Do you believe Warnock?

I don't.

I can believe he has had a phone discussion with Dalman. But 'offered the job'? No.

I'm not convinced on Morison but have to give him my support if he is given the job. Whilst i have seen change, I don't necessarily see improvement but I think half the issue is a confidence one also.

But christ, massive risk taken by the club.

Did he? He said he had the chance to come back to Cardiff a few weeks ago to say goodbye, ie the Boro game. I don’t think he meant the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think its just a very good and easy guess its Morison and within 48 hours could mean hes appointed in 5 minutes.

Plus the delay could be over finalising a contract and agreeing terms with Morison.

Welshlad is the most reliable on inside info on any fans board so for the 1st time im almost 100 percent convinced its Morison. 1/5 too short for a bet though.
    Now 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Did he? He said he had the chance to come back to Cardiff a few weeks ago to say goodbye, ie the Boro game. I don’t think he meant the job.
    That wasn't my understanding. Certainly I didn't hear the "goodbye" bit. Boro played us at home so the question of an invite wouldn't have arisen because he was already there.

Was it you that had posted this earlier? I thought it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm not convinced on Morison but have to give him my support if he is given the job. Whilst i have seen change, I don't necessarily see improvement but I think half the issue is a confidence one also.

But christ, massive risk taken by the club.
    I would say scoring was an improvement. Getting 4 points also an improvement.

I think any appointment is going to be risky