+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WALES v Belgium. How come it’s not SOLD OUT yet ?

WALES v Belgium. How come it’s not SOLD OUT yet ?

I thought this would be nailed on for a full house !

Re: WALES v Belgium. How come it’s not SOLD OUT yet ?

Not enough people have bought tickets to reach capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    That old trick !

Tossers

It's the first home game in ages that I can't make. Blame me!

I thought the double-ticket thing would have guaranteed a captive audience. Decent value. Weird if it's not a sell-out against a side like Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Actually I think the real reason is the ground is larger than the number of people who have wanted to buy tickets so far

With 2 home games in a few days I guess that fans based in North Wales would be more likely to go to the Belarus game, instead of taking time off work to attend the midweek game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Actually I think the real reason is the ground is larger than the number of people who have wanted to buy tickets so far

Nations League , normal qualifying. Ive lost interest. From what I understand we are heading for a play off.

I ll take interest at that point.

These qualifiers are boring when running alongside the Nations League.

At least it may put off the ridiculous idea of moving any games to the Millennium.

It'll sell out after we beat Belarus.

Upper tier tickets, £31 adults and £8.50p for kids

About 8000 left, I think

Doesn't look too bad on eTicketing. Canton & Grandstand sold out. 1 ticket available in the Ninian, individual tickets available here and there in the Family Stand, the upper tier hasn't sold out and neither has the away end though I believe that's only come on sale recently.

I imagine they'll shift the rest of those tickets

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Doesn't look too bad on eTicketing. Canton & Grandstand sold out. 1 ticket available in the Ninian, individual tickets available here and there in the Family Stand, the upper tier hasn't sold out and neither has the away end though I believe that's only come on sale recently.

I imagine they'll shift the rest of those tickets
    Perhaps vaccine passports will have an effect on walk up ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Upper tier tickets, £31 adults and £8.50p for kids

About 8000 left, I think
    31 quid isn't cheap, probably explains it.

How many games in the last 10 years have we sold out? 3 or 4?
    The Belgium game is basically a dead rubber. We can’t qualify automatically and we’re guaranteed to be in the play offs.
    Add in mid week and expensive then it’s not surprising it’s not sold out yet. I expect it will be over 30k attendance though which is very good.

Not a dead rubber, highly important to push for a home tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    31 quid isn't cheap, probably explains it.
    It's certainly not expensive for a WC qualifier against the world's top-ranked team. Would the prices be higher if there was more at stake?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Nations League , normal qualifying. Ive lost interest. From what I understand we are heading for a play off.

I ll take interest at that point.

If you can get a ticket for the playoff without having one for these games

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you can get a ticket for the playoff without having one for these games
    Happy to watch it on TV. I meant really getting involved and having a big interest in the game and excitement about the result.

The Nations League normal qualification play offs etc has just made me lose all interest.

Ive virtually no understanding of the situation other than after last night we are in a play off. But no idea how or why. To be honest I couldnt care either.

This World Cup is tainted anyway. I wish wed boycotted.

What’s the deal with the Covid passport for games down the city? Coming down on Saturday and just did it but took no effort at all, just linked to my NHS account and basically gave me a QR code. Is that it? Mainly asking as some mates said you need passport/driving licence, pics of you, etc to confirm but I’ve had no prompts for anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    What’s the deal with the Covid passport for games down the city? Coming down on Saturday and just did it but took no effort at all, just linked to my NHS account and basically gave me a QR code. Is that it? Mainly asking as some mates said you need passport/driving licence, pics of you, etc to confirm but I’ve had no prompts for anything like that.
    Did you have an NHS account previously? You do have to do all the stuff to prove you are who you say you are but I think that part is only to set up the NHS account

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Did you have an NHS account previously? You do have to do all the stuff to prove you are who you say you are but I think that part is only to set up the NHS account
    Cheers pal. I seemingly already have an NHS account linked to my email address so perhaps I must have confirmed identity at some point in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Happy to watch it on TV. I meant really getting involved and having a big interest in the game and excitement about the result.

The Nations League normal qualification play offs etc has just made me lose all interest.

Ive virtually no understanding of the situation other than after last night we are in a play off. But no idea how or why. To be honest I couldnt care either.

This World Cup is tainted anyway. I wish wed boycotted.
    The nations league has definitely cheapened the qualifying campaign for me. Just took a simple process and complicated it