Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
The expectations of the club? To save money and keep us up.

There has supposedly been an extensive search for a new man and it looks like we've chosen someone who was passing by the door at the time. He was written out of it two weeks ago but since getting four points from nine (three of those rather fortunately) he's now first choice.

I assume he'll have a boost in salary and if it doesn't go well won't want a drop in wages to return to the U23s and won't want the demotion anyway so it's possible we'll lose a decent U23 manager.

He seems no more intelligent or articulate than our previous managers or any other candidate. Up and coming coaches generally have the same qualifications and so it boils down to character and imagination to manage a team ahead of the rest. I'm not sure Morison is someone of that ilk (hope I'm wrong though).

Perhaps they tried and couldn't get anyone else or at the end of this we'll get the new Guardiola (or that's Morison) but all this does for me is suggest yet again we're shambling along in an unsure, half-arsed, short-term manner.

Morison himself will take the chance because getting a managerial role is a rare opportunity.
That is pretty much spot on.