+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Record number of migrants crossing

Banned

Record number of migrants crossing

France have lost the plot, stop their money, why are the migrants not staying in the safe countries in the EU?
    This is taking the mick now and has to stop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59257107
    #prayingforstormyseasthiswinter

Re: Record number of migrants crossing

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    France have lost the plot, stop their money, why are the migrants not staying in the safe countries in the EU?

I’ve got a great idea to solve this problem. Send you and the rest of the gammon in the opposite direction. Win, win.

I've got to ask the question, why come here?

Its a dirty sh!thole with a corrupt government running the place down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    I've got to ask the question, why come here?

Its a dirty sh!thole with a corrupt government running the place down.
    And they pass through how many peaceful countries to get here?

#prayingforstormyseasthiswintersoIcanseemoredeadki dswashuponourshores
    Corrected for you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I’ve got a great idea to solve this problem. Send you and the rest of the gammon in the opposite direction. Win, win.
    All oPiNiUns wElCoMe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Corrected for you
    How many safe countries do they pass through?

How many safe countries do they pass through?
    https://care4calais.org/the-refugee-...-safe-country/

You may have noticed all the recent headlines about the shortage of workers in hospitality, haulage, care, food processing, agriculture etc. Chances are a lot of these people will end up doing those jobs, so this is a good thing.
    All the evidence shows that migrants contribute more to the UK economy than they take from it, although you won't find that in the Mail or the Express.

just tell them nobodys allowed in without a doctors appointment

In France, no ID card no job, plenty of black market jobs in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    You may have noticed all the recent headlines about the shortage of workers in hospitality, haulage, care, food processing, agriculture etc. Chances are a lot of these people will end up doing those jobs, so this is a good thing.
    All the evidence shows that migrants contribute more to the UK economy than they take from it, although you won't find that in the Mail or the Express.
    All migrants aren't the same. Amongst those coming via France are convicted child rapists who last week successfully appealed their deportation, at £1000's of your taxpayers' money. I'm not sure whether you're suggesting child rape extortion, murder are good for the economy - the Mail and Express don't think so

F*ck me. This board sometimes.

Just think , the party you voted for , promised to get control of immigration!

But they have completely fecked it up

Never mind , blame France 🇫🇷

I don't know why people feel compelled to drop into one of two rather extreme camps on this.

Obviously, basic compassion shows that these are pretty desperate people who in most cases are just trying to improve their lives and probably want to get to the UK because they know people here.

However, equally, you can't just have 1000 people (paying thousands to criminal gangs) crossing the channel every day and deny it's an issue. Where will they go? Where will they sleep? How will we transport them? What will it cost? What of the people living near where they are processed and housed? How do we check their health or criminal records? Are there any people exploiting the crossings? Are we happy that it basically means we are co-operating with international people traffickers?

You can't just sit in some nice house somewhere and say it's no issue. There are issues created by this kind of migration. At the very least don't be blasé about the numbers. If you shrug your shoulders at 1000 a day, why not 2000? Why not 5000? At what point do you recognise something is amiss? All the while recognising that these people aren't fleeing an oppressive regime, they are in France.

This article draws an interesting parallel between the EU's rhetoric on the Belarus border and on the French channel.
    https://order-order.com/2021/11/11/l...cron-playbook/

If anyone here used the language against Macron that the EU uses against Lukashenko they would be deemed some far-right extremist within minutes.

I just don't get it. It's a problem, lets try and solve it compassionately, but let's not have our heads in the sand and pretend there is no issue here. That helps no one.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    All migrants aren't the same. Amongst those coming via France are convicted child rapists who last week successfully appealed their deportation, at £1000's of your taxpayers' money. I'm not sure whether you're suggesting child rape extortion, murder are good for the economy - the Mail and Express don't think so
    I am sure there would be jobs for them in the Met police, they are not doing so bad on rape, murder and the like.

I thought we were taking back control of our borders with Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm not sure whether you're suggesting child rape extortion, murder are good for the economy - the Mail and Express don't think so
    Yes, of course that's what I'm suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't know why people feel compelled to drop into one of two rather extreme camps on this.

Obviously, basic compassion shows that these are pretty desperate people who in most cases are just trying to improve their lives and probably want to get to the UK because they know people here.

However, equally, you can't just have 1000 people (paying thousands to criminal gangs) crossing the channel every day and deny it's an issue. Where will they go? Where will they sleep? How will we transport them? What will it cost? What of the people living near where they are processed and housed? How do we check their health or criminal records? Are there any people exploiting the crossings? Are we happy that it basically means we are co-operating with international people traffickers?

You can't just sit in some nice house somewhere and say it's no issue. There are issues created by this kind of migration. At the very least don't be blasé about the numbers. If you shrug your shoulders at 1000 a day, why not 2000? Why not 5000? At what point do you recognise something is amiss? All the while recognising that these people aren't fleeing an oppressive regime, they are in France.

This article draws an interesting parallel between the EU's rhetoric on the Belarus border and on the French channel.
    https://order-order.com/2021/11/11/l...cron-playbook/

If anyone here used the language against Macron that the EU uses against Lukashenko they would be deemed some far-right extremist within minutes.

I just don't get it. It's a problem, lets try and solve it compassionately, but let's not have our heads in the sand and pretend there is no issue here. That helps no one.
    Order-order, that politically neutral website...... If that's one of your sources of "information" then it explains a lot!

Many reasons why migrants come here rather than stay in other European countries, although thousands do end up staying in other nations.

The number one reason for refugees continuing their journey to the UK is that they have family here and it's reported that covers 50% of cases.

They also may have already learned English and would find it easier to adapt and find work as a result. Also sometimes, for whatever reason, the traffickers they may have paid to get them out have already pre-determined they are going to the UK. These can be pretty dangerous guys, so your not going to argue with them really when everything is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Order-order, that politically neutral website...... If that's one of your sources of "information" then it explains a lot!
    Classic whataboutery! And a common tactic. "You must use a source I read!" whilst ignoring everything I actually wrote.

I am very strict in making sure I read from a variety of news sources. I think thats really important.

Otherwise, you just go down rabbit-holes and criticise news sources without reading them, thus heading further into said rabbit hole.

In that spirit, perhaps instead of criticising the source (which is an opinion piece in a website known for it's expose's of all parties and one you presumably don't read?) you can explain where it is incorrect?

How is the situation in Belarus absolutely unacceptable, yet in France it's all fine and dandy. "Nothing to see here!"?

It's a fact of life these days. Way more immigrants end up in Germany, France, Italy etc than make it over here, and numbers are going up all over the world. How do you stop so many people wanting to flee their own countries to make a better life for themselves and their families? Perhaps we shouldn't have cut our overseas aid budget.

Numbers will keep going up when more and more of the planet becomes uninhabitable due to climate change too.

(There, that's calmed the debate down by throwing in foreign aid and climate change 😁).

Maybe our Vincent could offer to help out. There could be a decent left back out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It's a fact of life these days. Way more immigrants end up in Germany, France, Italy etc than make it over here, and numbers are going up all over the world. How do you stop so many people wanting to flee their own countries to make a better life for themselves and their families? Perhaps we shouldn't have cut our overseas aid budget.

Numbers will keep going up when more and more of the planet becomes uninhabitable due to climate change too.

(There, that's calmed the debate down by throwing in foreign aid and climate change ��).
    haha, you are absolutely right on all points, although I'm okay with the temporary aid budget cut and we are still far more generous than most.

Climate change in particular could render great swathes of the world as unsuitable for viable habitation. In terms of making other countries better places to live, it's a very difficult thing to solve.

My point is merely that this is an issue, we shouldnt pretend it isn't, and the practicalities of dealing with that level of daily migration (its not 1000 every day of course) is significant. They all need to be housed, fed, processed, checked, looked after etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought we were taking back control of our borders with Brexit.
    Thank god for Brexit