+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Record number of migrants crossing

Re: Record number of migrants crossing

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    How many safe countries do they pass through?
    Who ****ing cares. If I was in the Same position then I'd want to go where my friends were living or where there was a sizeable community and where I could get work. What's wrong with that-wouldn't you do the same? Just because people are poor it doesn't mean that they shouldn't express choice in order to improve their lives. You being a self employed man go where the work is, where the money is. Does that only apply to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Order-order, that politically neutral website...... If that's one of your sources of "information" then it explains a lot!
    James Wales outed,at last, as a Paul Staines fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    France have lost the plot, stop their money, why are the migrants not staying in the safe countries in the EU?
    This is taking the mick now and has to stop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59257107
    #prayingforstormyseasthiswinter
    Out of interest, on a hypothetical basis, if we had migrants coming across the water from Ireland and America, would you object to those as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    James Wales outed,at last, as a Paul Staines fanboy.
    It's important to read news from a variety of sources. Otherwise you are no better than a bible studies kid who retains Peter Pan thinking his entire life.

Tell me what's on your approved media list comrade, and I'll try and find something making a similar point, so you can't ignore every point made and hide some weak nitpicking about the source.

I'm guessing: Guardian, Mirror, Independent, Novara Media, Squarkbox, Another Angry Voice..that kind of thing, yeah? I guess you read the Daily Mail, but only the headlines when re-tweeted on twitter by someone outraged.

I’m confused. When there was a Referendum to be won, it was all about “securing our borders”. Pre Brexit, immigration from the European mainland was all down to open borders and refugees “flooding” into the UK. Now, we have “secured our borders” by leaving the EU and are getting record daily numbers crossing the channel, it’s still the fault of the French/EU!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's important to read news from a variety of sources. Otherwise you are no better than a bible studies kid who retains Peter Pan thinking his entire life.

Tell me what's on your approved media list comrade, and I'll try and find something making a similar point, so you can't ignore every point made and hide some weak nitpicking about the source.

I'm guessing: Guardian, Mirror, Independent, Novara Media, Squarkbox, Another Angry Voice..that kind of thing, yeah? I guess you read the Daily Mail, but only the headlines when re-tweeted on twitter by someone outraged.
    It's also important to notice when political websites make stuff up, especially at the extreme left and right end. You should also realise that the right wing press are far more guilty of making up stories than the left wing press. Each year the Mail and Express deliberately lie and print more false stories to suit their agendas than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's also important to notice when political websites make stuff up, especially at the extreme left and right end. You should also realise that the right wing press are far more guilty of making up stories than the left wing press. Each year the Mail and Express deliberately lie and print more false stories to suit their agendas than anyone else.
    I agree, but what is made up in that opinion piece, that draws on the hypocrisy between the situation in Belarus (which is actually a dictatorship) and that in France (which isnt)?

What is false about it? There's starving people on the Belarus / Polish border as we speak.

That gido fawkes is a big fat Thatcher boy

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That gido fawkes is a big fat Thatcher boy
    Two minutes ago you were bemoaning us not being in the Single Market anymore, Thatcher boy!

It's human nature

Britain has communities living here from all over the world

South East Wales in particular

There is a large somali population in Cardiff so when there was a civil war in the 1990s refugees were directed towards Cardiff and its probably true many were headed here or London or Liverpool anyway .

When brits go abroad many head to the English or Irish bars and cafes in Benidorm

Australians in the UK tend to head towards King's Cross

It's never going to stop , as sure as night follows day the population of this country will increase and the demographic will change .

Any government pandering to those opposed to immigration need to be truthful but you won't get that with the Conservatives

The angry Daily Mail readers wanted Brexit.

Brexit Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who ****ing cares. If I was in the Same position then I'd want to go where my friends were living or where there was a sizeable community and where I could get work. What's wrong with that-wouldn't you do the same? Just because people are poor it doesn't mean that they shouldn't express choice in order to improve their lives. You being a self employed man go where the work is, where the money is. Does that only apply to you?
    It's nimbyism

It's human nature

Britain has communities living here from all over the world

South East Wales in particular

There is a large somali population in Cardiff so when there was a civil war in the 1990s refugees were directed towards Cardiff and its probably true many were headed here or London or Liverpool anyway .

When brits go abroad many head to the English or Irish bars and cafes in Benidorm

Australians in the UK tend to head towards King's Cross

It's never going to stop , as sure as night follows day the population of this country will increase and the demographic will change .

Any government pandering to those opposed to immigration need to be truthful but you won't get that with the Conservatives
    No one will disagree with much of that, but you are confusing legal immigration with migrants paying criminal gangs to cross the English channel.

It's not the same thing and saying it doesn't solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The angry Daily Mail readers wanted Brexit.

Brexit Britain.
    Apart from on Sundays. Or maybe you shouldn't make such sweeping statements?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...R-Britain.html

Apart from on Sundays. Or maybe you shouldn't make such sweeping statements?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...R-Britain.html
    No ill still stick with angry Daily Mail readers. That probably made them even more angry.

No ill still stick with angry Daily Mail readers. That probably made them even more angry.
    Okay, I've just given you an editorial from the Mail on Sunday on dailymail.com urging it's readers to Vote Remain, but go ahead. Things are probably simpler for you when you don't challenge your own prejudices.

If your concerns are for readers being swayed by newspapers, then your concerns lie elsewhere
    https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/study...eu-referendum/

Okay, I've just given you an editorial from the Mail on Sunday on dailymail.com urging it's readers to Vote Remain, but go ahead. Things are probably simpler for you when you don't challenge your own prejudices.
    Calm down. You won.

Whenever this is in the news all I think is what more important news are they trying to surpress this time. You think people would catch on but nothing gets the great british public more distracted and foaming at the mouth than a dingy full of immigrants.

Two minutes ago you were bemoaning us not being in the Single Market anymore, Thatcher boy!
    Brexit ?

I didn't vote for that nonsense you soppy clown

Aye , miserable little englanders

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Whenever this is in the news all I think is what more important news are they trying to surpress this time. You think people would cathc on but nothing gets the great british public more distracted and foaming at the mouth than a dingy full of immigrants.
    Angry Britain.

Angry Britain.
    Unless it's about corrupt politicians which for some reason no one reallt gives a **** about.

They'll post capital letter rants on facebook and messageboards about someone trying to do something about climate change or a brown guy in a boat though.

I suppose it shouldn't be a shock when about 50% of the country are enthrall to murdoch and other scumbags like Guido Fawlkes. Not an independent thought to be had.

If your concerns are for readers being swayed by newspapers, then your concerns lie elsewhere
    https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/study...eu-referendum/
    You are saying that quentin letts and all those other utter tossers that write for the daily nazi are pro Europe, because of a few editorials?

Don't be so stupid . I know but am not friends with people who read that right wing colonial mag and they are all little englanders , it spews out hatred towards immigrants , the left wing of British politics , single mum's etc on a daily basic

It's The Sun for people who have basic reading skills and are right wing

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Unless it's about corrupt politicians which for some reason no one reallt gives a **** about.

They'll post capital letter rants on facebook and messageboards about someone trying to do something about climate change or a brown guy in a boat though.

I suppose it shouldn't be a shock when about 50% of the country are enthrall to murdoch and other scumbags like Guido Fawlkes. Not an independent thought to be had.
    Imagine criticising others for being angry and then glibly accusing 50% of the population ("the others!") of being essentially incapable of free thought and of being racist, and the greatest crime of all - not being worried about the things you want them to be worried about!

The irony being, there is never any evidence to back this irrational line of thinking. If you are concerned about people believing everything they read in the papers, it is not amongst Mail or Express readers, it is, on Brexit at least, according to this survey amongst Guardian, Independent and FT readers. https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/study...eu-referendum/ Bloody facts eh. Much more fun to just say Mail readers believe everything they read mind.

Yet again however, we have avoided any attempt at a discussion about actually finding a solution. Brilliant.

You are saying that quentin letts and all those other utter tossers that write for the daily nazi are pro Europe, because of a few editorials?

Don't be so stupid . I know but am not friends with people who read that right wing colonial mag and they are all little englanders , it spews out hatred towards immigrants , the left wing of British politics , single mum's etc on a daily basic

It's The Sun for people who have basic reading skills and are right wing
    Daily Nazi. That's quite a good one. I prefer Daily Heil, at least it rhymes.

You seem an open minded, rational thinking and friendly guy, so I'm going to read whatever you read to help me reach that same level of thinking