+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isaak Davies...

Isaak Davies...

Just been looking at the last 10 minutes of Huddersfield game and wondering if young Davies is destined to become the best of the youngsters to emerge this season.

In the two critical pieces of action he was involved in, he showed the confidence, determination, pace and composure to create what hasn't happened to the team in the previous two months.

Re: Isaak Davies...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Just been looking at the last 10 minutes of Huddersfield game and wondering if young Davies is destined to become the best of the youngsters to emerge this season.

In the two critical pieces of action he was involved in, he showed the confidence, determination, pace and composure to create what hasn't happened to the team in the previous two months.
    Davies would have played last season but he was injured. Will be between him and Colwill who is best of bunch, although Evan's and Bowen may not be far behind. Will be great if all 4 make the grade.

I was told yesterday his dad posts on one of the forums has Footsoldier?
    If so then the young lad is probably a city fan to which makes it even better

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Davies would have played last season but he was injured. Will be between him and Colwill who is best of bunch, although Evan's and Bowen may not be far behind. Will be great if all 4 make the grade.
    I think all four of them will.
    The composure and skill that they have shown bodes well.

The cross Davies made was an absolute peach in every respect. Weighted and sat up beautifully, perfect. Let's not get too carried away though. These lads are just starting out and have been put in a difficult position. Some will thrive, some wont. Colwill is great facing the opposition goal in the final third, but shows his lack of experience when he has to defend or play a simple ball. It'll come, but they need time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    If 4 make it at the club that would be unreal even after the years of hardly anyone breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Yes, the whole family are bluebirds.

He used to come to games with his dad as a kid apparently - wonder if he ever went to Ninian Park? Incredible to think that it might be that we’ve got players who are City fans who may not have seen us play at our old ground.

don't forget there's also Bagan coming through and Sang.
    they'll all have peaks and troughs as they develop I guess but there's 6 players who could still potentially make it at this level, with a few more who are on the verges as well like Zimba, Tom Davies, Patten, King, D'Almeida etc

Freiburg - currently third in the Bundesliga - have used 6 graduates from their academy this season in the first team. There are probably other examples around Europe so there's no reason why a clutch of players can't make it at the same time, other than a law of averages, and we're in arrears where that's concerned.

Won the corner for the first goal and crossed for the second. Attacking confidently and effectively, play him.

It was great to witness his entrance against Huddersfield, awful weather, needed something special , and he delivered. I think he has great balance , IS strong for his age , reminds me of a young Bellamy, parents must be so proud 👏

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was great to witness his entrance against Huddersfield, awful weather, needed something special , and he delivered. I think he has great balance , IS strong for his age , reminds me of a young Bellamy, parents must be so proud 👏
    My mate next to me commented as he Davies came on that he was playing in no.39 shirt , same as Bellamy . He definitely looked confident, skillful, and not easily pushed off the ball.

Will be happy if he does, sat next to his gramp for promotion season and PL season really nice man.

Mountain Ash he's from ain't it? You'd like to think they were all city

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The cross Davies made was an absolute peach in every respect. Weighted and sat up beautifully, perfect. Let's not get too carried away though. These lads are just starting out and have been put in a difficult position. Some will thrive, some wont. Colwill is great facing the opposition goal in the final third, but shows his lack of experience when he has to defend or play a simple ball. It'll come, but they need time and patience.
    They'll have star performances and some stinkers, it's all about how we as fans let them make the inevitable errors (that established pros make) and let them grow. Let's give them a chance and not hound them over silly mistakes. Obviously people are entitled to their opinions but it would be nice to see them given some space to grow.

He did it again, today - produced the only get-off-your-seat action in the time City had 11 on the field.

He did it again, today - produced the only get-off-your-seat action in the time City had 11 on the field.

Said in the match thread he's a get you on the edge of your seat type player

His old man is from Aberfan. Top fella. Couldn’t meet a more down to earth guy.

Really like the look of him.
    That first half run and shot yesterday was sublime.
    If that goes in he is a crowd hero overnight.

He's a bit lightweight and may get bullied a bit in this league but he causes all kinds of problems with his pace and low centre of gravity.

Should be a shoe-in to start next game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Really like the look of him.
    That first half run and shot yesterday was sublime.
    If that goes in he is a crowd hero overnight.

He's a bit lightweight and may get bullied a bit in this league but he causes all kinds of problems with his pace and low centre of gravity.

Should be a shoe-in to start next game IMO.
    He played a heavy touch at the start of the game, I thought he was going to get ballooned off the ball but he held his own.

He could definitely use some strength conditioning but I think he will find a way to play in this league too, more games he plays the less games will feel lightning pace to him and he will settle in.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    His old man is from Aberfan. Top fella. Couldn’t meet a more down to earth guy.
    Not sure if it was his Mother or Fathers old man but I used to sit next to his grandad in the family stand and he was the same, really nice fella from mountain Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He played a heavy touch at the start of the game, I thought he was going to get ballooned off the ball but he held his own.

He could definitely use some strength conditioning but I think he will find a way to play in this league too, more games he plays the less games will feel lightning pace to him and he will settle in.
    Agree.
    The way we have been trying to play helps too. He wouldn't have got a kick under MM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree.
    The way we have been trying to play helps too. He wouldn't have got a kick under MM.
    Yeah can definitely see why he didn't play more sooner!! I would much rather see a few too many passes than some would like to eventually see a moment like he produced, than see us hoof it aimlessly upfield. We lost yesterday but I've enjoyed every game under the new manager.