+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isaak Davies...

Re: Isaak Davies...

Has he been called up to train with the Senior Wales Squad yet?

He looks class.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    His old man is from Aberfan. Top fella. Couldn’t meet a more down to earth guy.
    What’s the old man name?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    What’s the old man name?
    His old mans name is Andrew but they call him Dai.

His grandfather is Colin Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah can definitely see why he didn't play more sooner!! I would much rather see a few too many passes than some would like to eventually see a moment like he produced, than see us hoof it aimlessly upfield. We lost yesterday but I've enjoyed every game under the new manager.
    In fairness wasn't Mick going to give him his debut last season but he got injured?

But you're right, I doubt he'd have made much impact with the ball being hoofed 10ft above his head!

His old mans name is Andrew but they call him Dai.

His grandfather is Colin Davies.
    I’ll do some Afon Taf ancestry research 😀

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In fairness wasn't Mick going to give him his debut last season but he got injured?

But you're right, I doubt he'd have made much impact with the ball being hoofed 10ft above his head!
    He may have done, but like you pointed out it might not have been the best experience for him.

Blessing maybe.

I’ll do some Afon Taf ancestry research 😀
    Colin Davies or locally known in Aberfan as Colin the boxer. Fought under Eddie Thomas same time as a few of JR Hartleys family members. Colin must be about 71 or 72. Dai (Isaaks Dad) is 49.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Colin Davies or locally known in Aberfan as Colin the boxer. Fought under Eddie Thomas same time as a few of JR Hartleys family members. Colin must be about 71 or 72. Dai (Isaaks Dad) is 49.
    Yeah, he’s friendly with my uncle Les who’s 72 👍🏻

I didn’t know Dais real name isn’t Dai until a couple of months ago 😂

Hmmm can’t remember Colin and Dai would’ve been Afon Taf after me….where you from Jordi?

Hmmm can’t remember Colin and Dai would’ve been Afon Taf after me….where you from Jordi?
    Aberfan.

In Afon Taf after you judging on previous posts from yourself. I was the big Hawaii this year.

Aberfan.

In Afon Taf after you judging on previous posts from yourself. I was the big Hawaii this year.
    Ahhh - I was there with bunter, jinksy, punchy, kurt and of course the legendary Micky Jones 😀

I didn’t know Dais real name isn’t Dai until a couple of months ago ��
    What was his surname?

Ahhh - I was there with bunter, jinksy, punchy, kurt and of course the legendary Micky Jones ��
    Micky Jones

Fuucking header, watched City for a bit, liked the floodlights at Eastville apparently.

The other four are a little more reserved. See both Jinkseys quite regularly.

I didn’t know Dais real name isn’t Dai until a couple of months ago ��
    Nicknamed ‘Dai’ after Dai Davies I think? He wasn’t a goalkeeper and I got it in my head he may have had a goalkeepers top as a kid that led to everyone calling him Dai Davies and it stuck from there? There again, that could be complete bollocks?

I think he's a great prospect. He's got guts, speed and skill. The way he shrugged off that tackle to cross the ball to Keiffer in the Huddersfield game showed that. And his run and shot yesterday, well if that had gone in he'd be halfway to being a City legend.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he's a great prospect. He's got guts, speed and skill. The way he shrugged off that tackle to cross the ball to Keiffer in the Huddersfield game showed that. And his run and shot yesterday, well if that had gone in he'd be halfway to being a City legend.
    I think we will see him pull it off for real in his career..

Trying not to get too excited about the lad as he's got a long way to go, but we don't get a lot to shout about down the city do we

The stuff he needs to improve on you can teach the easiest

You can't teach determination and pace. He's got that in abundance.

I think he's got a good career infront of him and hope he does well. Defo a bluebird too think my Mrs used to teach him when he was in school

The first time I saw Isaak play. He was the number nine in the Under 16s game against Palace I talk about towards the end of this piece - he made quite an impression;-

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/batte...-stadium-area/