+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andrew Jordan

Andrew Jordan

Not sure if anyone else remembers his time at City? Signed from Brizzle, scored two own goals in around 5 appearances and then suffered with injuries. Noticed he replied to a tweet by Henry Winter regarding a piece on Darrell Clarke the Port Vale manager. Very interesting change of career for him:
    https://andrewjordanpsychotherapy.com/about/

Re: Andrew Jordan

I needed therapy after watching him 'play'

He was Joe Jordans boy, he came from Brizzle and he was shockingly bad

The dice was loaded against him

I'm sure we beat Rovers 5 1 or 6 1 in a cup game and City players scored all the goals, including Andy Jordan own goal
    He was completely shite

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I'm sure we beat Rovers 5 1 or 6 1 in a cup game and City players scored all the goals, including Andy Jordan own goal
    He was completely shite
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/1028250.stm

Cardiff 5-1 Bristol Rovers, 19th November 2000. I remember that Sunday match as I was recovering from a dodgy stomach after eating a burger on Friday night while Children in Need was on the TV. Weird what stuff you remember.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He was completely shite
    We beat Bristol Rovers 5-1 with Jordan scoring scoring their goal and then about six weeks later, we beat Exeter 6-1 on New Years Day 2001 with Jordan again putting through his own net - I'm pretty sure he also missed from the spot in a penalty shoot out defeat for us somewhere in that FAW Premier Cup or whatever it was called (think it may have been in that game at Newport).

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/1028250.stm

Cardiff 5-1 Bristol Rovers, 19th November 2000. I remember that Sunday match as I was recovering from a dodgy stomach after eating a burger on Friday night while Children in Need was on the TV. Weird what stuff you remember.

Quotes from the match report “ a constant threat, launched a deep throw into a melee of players” “ The Bluebirds looked to profit from long balls and deep crosses”

Who says we don’t have an identity- The Cardiff Way

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Cardiff 5-1 Bristol Rovers, 19th November 2000.
    No less than ten Welsh players in City’s squad that day: Mark Walton, Andy Legg, Scott Young, Danny Gabbidon, Josh Low, Kevin Evans, Jason Bowen, Robert Earnshaw, Kurt Nogan and James Collins.

Argument that we should have kept him as a good luck charm, when he scored an own goal we thrashed the opposition.

If I remember rightly he was here the season leggy was playing sweeper. Out of position leggy had to cover for weston and Jordan, poor bloke.

Had no place being a pro footballer, it was just his old man's way of earning him a wage I think.

Interestingly I googled him the other day. Made me laugh when reading a brizzle city forum about him. One bloke mentioned he played against him in a works 5 a side about a year after he retired, said he wasn't even particularly impressive in that.