+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobs you couldn't do?

Re: Jobs you couldn't do?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    a carer

and yet we lose almost 60,000 of them this week
    The 60000 job losses is an estimate in England and not in Wales as mandatory vaccs only applies in england

However we have major recruitment and retention issues in social care which is mainly linked to poor profile of the job and really low level of pay and poor term and conditions but all of this was there pre covid and pre brexit but both have compounded failings brought a out by 10 or so years of continual cuts in local authorities who commission between 60 and 70 of social care in Wales

Working in an abbatoir. I’m one of those carnivores that couldn’t do the deed, yet can’t live without meat (and fish).

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Working in an abbatoir. I’m one of those carnivores that couldn’t do the deed, yet can’t live without meat (and fish).
    I was about to post something similar. I enjoy eating meat but couldn't do the slaughtering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The 60000 job losses is an estimate in England and not in Wales as mandatory vaccs only applies in england

However we have major recruitment and retention issues in social care which is mainly linked to poor profile of the job and really low level of pay and poor term and conditions but all of this was there pre covid and pre brexit but both have compounded failings brought a out by 10 or so years of continual cuts in local authorities who commission between 60 and 70 of social care in Wales
    Pay is dreadful for carers , most of the ones who have helped me out have been worth far more than they are paid . I often offer them extra hours at a weekend , I pay them 15 quid an hour , the normal rate of pay is less than a tenner

The private care companies brought in by Thatcher? Making an absolute killing

For a night sit from 10pm till 7 am we pay 130 quid

The carer gets about 90 of that

Mountain rescue that involves potholing.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I'm a very gifted technical brain of a carpenter.
    I install science laboratories in schools and hospitals (the latter is making me reel the banknotes in thanks to covid)
    "Just bang another zero on the end of the quote nuge" I love covid me.
    Anyway, enough about me and the fact I've just paid extra to bypass the usual 2 year Rolex waiting list, back to the question...
    What job couldn't I do?

Easy

****ing painter.
    I look at them mongos on site and think, "you retards"
    "What sort of bell whiff leaves school and thinks ""I want to be a painter""?

Just brushing walls all day with different colours.
    What the fack .

Dense as ****
    Hey, Steady with the "mongo's" fella some of us with a brain find that bloody offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed it is . I cared for my old man with alzheimers till his death . Now the old dear has vascular dementia , anxiety , delirium , a broken hip and has had two admissions for pneumonia, two for heart failure and also has IBS and urinary tract infections .

It's a tough gig
    good luck and all the best coping

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're a wood fitter and the machines do the work for you. Flat Pack Nugent in every sense of the word. Piece of piss.
    And none of our stuff is even flat packed either .

Double easy

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    And none of our stuff is even flat packed either .

Double easy
    Ready made units. All you need is an impact driver

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    good luck and all the best coping
    I would be on the scotch if I was a drinker

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Collecting Winston's bogeys overnight
    So many cigars , so much brandy 😫

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So many cigars , so much brandy 😫
    ..I thought..**** me..

Those people that help make animals ejaculate. I could not do that.

Shit & drains for me as well. Even mending or replacing a toilet seat is disgusting. I could never be a carer I’m devoid of sympathy (honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Shit & drains for me as well. Even mending or replacing a toilet seat is disgusting. I could never be a carer I’m devoid of sympathy (honestly).
    Most people who work in the care industry (chuck nurses in as well) don't show much sympathy, so you would be ok,Des. How about that TT madness Des? That's a lob that i definitely couldn't do.

Most people who work in the care industry (chuck nurses in as well) don't show much sympathy, so you would be ok,Des. How about that TT madness Des? That's a lob that i definitely couldn't do.
    The TT madness is an addiction & adrenaline kick, there’s no other way to describe it. I was on the Island last week and instead of making the short 7 miles trip to Douglas, I drove the 38 miles around the TT course to get there. It's the same high intensity emotion for 38 miles as Ben Turner scoring the equaliser at Wembley but instead of lasting a few seconds it's every corner of every lap.

If you haven’t seen it, find & watch “Closer to the edge”

The TT madness is an addiction & adrenaline kick, there’s no other way to describe it. I was on the Island last week and instead of making the short 7 miles trip to Douglas, I drove the 38 miles around the TT course to get there. It's the same high intensity emotion for 38 miles as Ben Turner scoring the equaliser at Wembley but instead of lasting a few seconds it's every corner of every lap.

If you haven’t seen it, find & watch “Closer to the edge”
    I've watched it. I shit myself just sat in front of the computer screen. How that race hasn't been banned is nobodies business. Absolutely bonkers. Speed does scare me a bit, although heights are no problem at all.

I've watched it. I shit myself just sat in front of the computer screen. How that race hasn't been banned is nobodies business. Absolutely bonkers. Speed does scare me a bit, although heights are no problem at all.
    They won’t ban it as it’s a major source of income for the Island, even if the did the guys (& gals) wouldn’t stop there are plenty of other equally lethal road circuits.

They won’t ban it as it’s a major source of income for the Island, even if the did the guys (& gals) wouldn’t stop there are plenty of other equally lethal road circuits.
    I think am a speed merchant , I love the adrenal rush when you go close to the edge , an accident is oh so close . I cannot watch that video, those guys do it for minute upon minute , hour upon hour , not for a few fleeting seconds. .
    I recently watched the fantastic documentary on the Dunlops and you realise its actually what they live for ,everything else
    would appear to be second to the race. A different breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Those people that help make animals ejaculate. I could not do that.
    Swansea fans..? I could be one of those either

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Swansea fans..? I could be one of those either
    Job?

Slaughterhouse man.