Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
Again, another insider with knowledge of the transaction.
However, I put it to you, could it have gone down like this...
Sala "I want to go to France to say ta ra to the boys"

Cardiff 'we'll sort you a flight no problem , but the last flight out of Nantes is the 00.00 to Heathrow on Saturday"

Sala " nah, I want more time than that, I'll sort a flight with my agent"

The one thing that everyone is overlooking, is the fact this flight was the players decision, just like all of us in work, our employer got no control over us 7 days a week.
Your days off are your days off.

If I want to go to London for the weekend with my missus , no ones to blame if things go wrong.
Unless of course there's someone without a licence driving me about .
Only he didn't say that did he.

A commercial flight was on the table from Cardiff but McKay's son (Jack I think) who was on Cardiff's books with the u23s approached Sala on his father's (or brother's - as his father was disqualified as an agent!) behalf to offer a private flight both ways.

Sala didn't initiate it and neither did his agent. But he accepted the McKay offer.

McKay had been acting for Nantes in the transfer. Hard to make the case that Nantes are in some way responsible for the fatal flight - unless they asked McKay to arrange it which has never been suggested.

However, there does appear to be a case that the transfer documentation was incomplete and needed to be revised at the time of the tragedy - and that Sala was still at that point an Nantes player (whatever FIFA decided in their hearing). CAS will decide that one.