+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

  1. #21
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    12,143

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Again, another insider with knowledge of the transaction.
    However, I put it to you, could it have gone down like this...
    Sala "I want to go to France to say ta ra to the boys"

    Cardiff 'we'll sort you a flight no problem , but the last flight out of Nantes is the 00.00 to Heathrow on Saturday"

    Sala " nah, I want more time than that, I'll sort a flight with my agent"

    The one thing that everyone is overlooking, is the fact this flight was the players decision, just like all of us in work, our employer got no control over us 7 days a week.
    Your days off are your days off.

    If I want to go to London for the weekend with my missus , no ones to blame if things go wrong.
    Unless of course there's someone without a licence driving me about .
    Only he didn't say that did he.

    A commercial flight was on the table from Cardiff but McKay's son (Jack I think) who was on Cardiff's books with the u23s approached Sala on his father's (or brother's - as his father was disqualified as an agent!) behalf to offer a private flight both ways.

    Sala didn't initiate it and neither did his agent. But he accepted the McKay offer.

    McKay had been acting for Nantes in the transfer. Hard to make the case that Nantes are in some way responsible for the fatal flight - unless they asked McKay to arrange it which has never been suggested.

    However, there does appear to be a case that the transfer documentation was incomplete and needed to be revised at the time of the tragedy - and that Sala was still at that point an Nantes player (whatever FIFA decided in their hearing). CAS will decide that one.

  2. #22

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Why was he, as you say "trying to get things done on the cheap"?
    What inside knowledge do you have of this transaction now?
    This I gotta hear
    'I think' therefore my opinion, not fact.

  3. #23

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    Hey T,
    Ya slippin.
    Youse usually see the whoosh
    I didn't see it

  4. #24

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    You've got it one fella.
    You and I know the simple version

    But for some reason, the forums and Facebooks and twitter are full of blaming mckay .
    I can't get my head round it tbh.
    As a starter for 10:

    https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Guid...ight-is-legal/

    " If you knowingly use an illegal operator you may also be breaking the law and could be prosecuted."

    It is not a taxi. There is more going on here.

  5. #25

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    As a starter for 10:

    https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Guid...ight-is-legal/

    " If you knowingly use an illegal operator you may also be breaking the law and could be prosecuted."

    It is not a taxi. There is more going on here.
    I canít listen to that taxi analogy any more!

  6. #26

  7. #27
    International nugent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Wenvoe, Barry
    Posts
    6,595

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I can’t listen to that taxi analogy any more!
    Why?
    Its very valid point.

    How about a train?
    Bus? You get on train , do you walk up to front and knock on door and ask "ow drive, are you qualified butt?"
    Do you fack

  8. #28

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Because, of course, agent Enoch would never have had cause to use the "Airline" before would he? I agree McKay will probably not face charges, but he knew the score I'm sure.
    But isnít McKay banned from all football? So he shouldnít have been involved at all.

  9. #29

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Why?
    Its very valid point.

    How about a train?
    Bus? You get on train , do you walk up to front and knock on door and ask "ow drive, are you qualified butt?"
    Do you fack
    You have made it abundantly clear that you cannot see the differences between sala's flight, and booking a minicab. We know. Others can.

  10. #30

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Whether City have to pay a fee to Nantes has nothing to do with most of this threads silly speculation over who was responsible for Sala’s death. It is a contractual issue over whether Sala was a City player at the time of his death or not.

  11. #31

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Whether City have to pay a fee to Nantes has nothing to do with most of this threads silly speculation over who was responsible for Sala’s death. It is a contractual issue over whether Sala was a City player at the time of his death or not.
    Absolutely correct as that was the OP's question. Blaming the agent was not mentioned in this thread until nugent imagined it. It was all downhill from there.

  12. #32

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?

    Found it very interesting this week to see that the wingly site is still going. Website gthat offers some quite dubious 'cost share ' flights with ppl holders. A quick look at the prices makes me question how genuine the cost sharing is. I thought the sala case would have finished them, they were quite obviously dodgy right from start. Cant believe the caa haven't caught up with them properly

  13. #33

    Re: Emiliano Sala ... what next?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •