+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dean Smith to Norwich

Dean Smith to Norwich

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59272851

He wasn't out of work long.

Re: Dean Smith to Norwich

The money-go-round that is modern day football continues.

Players who will be replaced by Gerrard will follow him and the cycle continues.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The money-go-round that is modern day football continues.

Players who will be replaced by Gerrard will follow him and the cycle continues.
    I know what you're saying, but in fairness I think Smith's a really good appointment for them. It's not as if he's one of the usual suspects. At 50, he's a young manager with a really good record and he knows the Championship well, which will be essential for Norwich...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I know what you're saying, but in fairness I think Smith's a really good appointment for them. It's not as if he's one of the usual suspects. At 50, he's a young manager with a really good record and he knows the Championship well, which will be essential for Norwich...
    Yup, he comes across decent as well. What's Phil Brown and Steve Cotterill up to these days?

Better choice than Lampard .

Won't come cheap though .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, he comes across decent as well. What's Phil Brown and Steve Cotterill up to these days?
    Phil Brown was recently sacked by Southend. Steve Cotterill is managing Shrewsbury.

Phil Brown apparently set a record a few weeks ago when he became the first manager to be sacked by clubs in all five of the top divisions in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Phil Brown was steering Sarfend towards the Conference (South) last time I looked and Cotterill’s Shrewsbury are in the League One relegation zone.

Agree about Dean Smith, one of the better English managers I’d say.

No argument from me there.

Farke has left him something to work with and no doubt they will be favourites next year to bounce back should they go down.

I do see him as a Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes type manager in that he will do well for a season or two and plateau.

I too like him, wish we had him here.

Phil Brown was recently sacked by Southend. Steve Cotterill is managing Shrewsbury.

Phil Brown apparently set a record a few weeks ago when he became the first manager to be sacked by clubs in all five of the top divisions in England.
    They'll both get another job after the inevitable (reply to TOBW as well) these football chairmen are absolutely clueless.

I think that most Norwich fans will be pretty pleased with that. Daniel who?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think that most Norwich fans will be pretty pleased with that. Daniel who?
    Farke knows.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Farke knows.
    Has Dean got a decent farking spot 🤔