+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wintle

Ryan Wintle

According to Blackpool fans doesn't want to come back and regretted signing for us instantly. No idea what they're source is.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?thread...8/#post-579797

Re: Ryan Wintle

That thread, like most on here, is based on pure speculation.

that thread doesn't say that as far as I can see?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    According to Blackpool fans doesn't want to come back and regretted signing for us instantly.
    Probably just gossip, but let's be honest, it wouldn't come as a major surprise either. Sending Wintle out on loan within two months of signing him was an extremely odd move even by City's standards, so perhaps there's some truth in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Look at the posts from 'CalderwoodCritchleyWon’t'

"......he doesn’t want to be there, he and his girlfriend regretted it almost as soon as they got there."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "......he doesn’t want to be there, he and his girlfriend regretted it almost as soon as they got there."
    Probably just guesswork.

However either way, the situation has changed now. Perhaps he’d fancy it a bit more with Morison in charge.

As to Blackpool , where have they suddenly found the money to be buying players from? I thought they were skint?

He was basically told that he's not good enough for us just yet, so ****ed off to Blackpool. I don't think that i'd be best pleased either.

ah yeah I see it now.
    seems like speculation, I'm sure he's going to say he loves it there while he's there. and I'm not surprised he didn't enjoy it here under McCarthy.
    things have changed now though.

I can't see us accepting 500k for him though that is very much wishful thinking on this part

a good young CM, capable at this level on a long contract. there's no way 500k gets you that

I’ve been looking on that site and he’s been added to a poll for their Player of the season so far because posters were asking why he wasn’t there.

He spent years playing midfield for Crewe (a club with a reputation for playing pass and move football) and, among many compliments paid to him on the Blackpool board is that he is a “proper footballer”, so there’s plenty of footballing reasons why he wouldn’t be happy at Mick McCarthy’s Cardiff!

ah yeah I see it now.
    seems like speculation, I'm sure he's going to say he loves it there while he's there. and I'm not surprised he didn't enjoy it here under McCarthy.
    things have changed now though.

I can't see us accepting 500k for him though that is very much wishful thinking on this part

a good young CM, capable at this level on a long contract. there's no way 500k gets you that
    We couldn't wait to ship him out

You can’t blame him not being happy but it’s a different situation now MM has gone.

Hopefully we can tempt him to give us a go next season (or Jan onwards if possible) and he settles here as sounds like he's doing really well and exactly what we need. If he does dig his heels in then sounds like we're in a good position to make a few million quid on him which will surely be a first for a player who has played one league game for us

Lets face it we are in serious shit if hed rather be at Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It’s closer to home for him, getting played and paid.

Why wouldn’t he prefer it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    According to Blackpool fans doesn't want to come back and regretted signing for us instantly. No idea what they're source is.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?thread...8/#post-579797
    Why would anyone want to stay at Blackpool? Surely one of the uks worst places. Pisshole of a ground too.

would have been nice for the club to bring him back here during the international break to train with the team, like Wolves are doing with Giles. it would at least show him he's not been forgotten about.
    I suspect the manager and coaches have a lot on their plate at the moment though so it can perhaps be excused

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Maybe it's because he he likes rock and Kiss Me Quick hats. Same with Madine, he fancied going to Blackpool because they were renowned for their donkeys, which made him feel at home instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s closer to home for him, getting played and paid.

Why wouldn’t he prefer it there?
    Have you been to Blackpool??? Rivals Middlesborough and Stoke. Having said that though, Crewe is a low bar

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why would anyone want to stay at Blackpool? Surely one of the uks worst places. Pisshole of a ground too.
    What he said! (Didn’t see it before my reply sorry)

If things under Morison improve and if our youngsters start to make their mark, I'm sure he's going to want to be a part of it.

he could be one of only 2 senior midfielders here by the summer, and he's contracted here for almost another n3 years, I'm sure he's not going to burn his bridges even if he would rather stay at Blackpool at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    ...so there’s plenty of footballing reasons why he wouldn’t be happy at Mick McCarthy’s Cardiff!
    A rum do this affair. MM signed him didn't he? Then shipped him out due to Wintle's fancy passing business? Will we ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    A rum do this affair. MM signed him didn't he? Then shipped him out due to Wintle's fancy passing business? Will we ever know.
    Apparently he needs "experience" despite being 24 and having 160 odd games for Crewe. Wasn't even given a chance here, shipped out immediately after his first appearance so the likes of Vaulks can start ahead of him.

Sending Wintle out on loan within two months of signing him was an extremely odd move even by City's standards
    We have standards?