+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Wintle

Re: Ryan Wintle

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We have standards?
    Standards perhaps around salaries ??? If it was down to the fact MM didn't fancy his game we should see him back , if not then it was a salary reduction decision 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Standards perhaps around salaries ??? If it was down to the fact MM didn't fancy his game we should see him back , if not then it was a salary reduction decision ��
    If it was down to the fact MM didn't fancy his game, why the feck did he sign him?

If it was down to the fact MM didn't fancy his game, why the feck did he sign him?
    Indeed it is a weird one unless MM thought Wintle and Watters were just half decent substitutes and then when finances looked less healthy MM was forced to loan them out to reduce wages and use the less expensive young U23 talent.

I always feel these things are more financial based than based on managers needs , neither Wintle or Watters would rip up trees and you could argue our younger talent have just as much talent so we loan out players on 5 to 8k a week and play kids on say 1/2 k is a week, all adds up ??

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    would have been nice for the club to bring him back here during the international break to train with the team, like Wolves are doing with Giles. it would at least show him he's not been forgotten about.
    I suspect the manager and coaches have a lot on their plate at the moment though so it can perhaps be excused
    That is a very good point, it would make perfect sense to bring the guy back so that the new manager can not only take a look at him, but at the same time have the opportunity to take him to one side and explain what the new playing philosophy is all about.
    Going forward, it would make it plain to see what both parties think of each other and see if there is a rapport between them.

Probably like when Henry VIll married that woman he’d never seen.

A few things. Wintle is certainly an odd signing, and I doubt he was signed by McCarthy. We were linked to him for months, and it was not a shock when he signed.

He’s from Alsager, which is 1h40 from Blackpool. It is 2h40 to Cardiff. While it is certainly a bit longer, both aren’t exactly close. If we do have to sell him because he hasn’t settled, there are about 15 prospective clubs, if not more.

I hope he does really well at Blackpool. The worst case scenario is he doesn’t want to be here and stinks the place out on loan. Thankfully the opposite seems to be true on the latter. If we have to sell him, there are plenty of clubs that will want him, and plenty of places for him to go. I don’t expect he’ll play for us but in a weird way, I don’t think he will end up as a bad signing.

Despite the rampant euphoria currently in vogue regarding Cardiff City and the sudden awakening of their football 'enlightenment', I still think we're odds on to go down. The club would be completely mad if they didn't bring back both Wintle and Watters in January, and I'm pretty certain that results in the run-in up to January will focus their minds to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    That is a very good point, it would make perfect sense to bring the guy back so that the new manager can not only take a look at him, but at the same time have the opportunity to take him to one side and explain what the new playing philosophy is all about.
    Going forward, it would make it plain to see what both parties think of each other and see if there is a rapport between them.
    Blackpool is miles away it’s not practical for him to come back for a few days training, not to mention pretty pointless because quite a number of our players are on international duty anyway. The rest of the players will get a few days off and some fitness work
    when they get back.

This thread highlights how little clue some people have of the workings of a football club.

Staggering.

I think Morison would have him back with us tomorrow if he could swing it.Definately back in Jan in my view and as he is contracted past the end of the season can see a current midfielder making way so he can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Despite the rampant euphoria currently in vogue regarding Cardiff City and the sudden awakening of their football 'enlightenment', I still think we're odds on to go down.
    In fact, the odds are currently 3/1 against.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I think Morison would have him back with us tomorrow if he could swing it.Definately back in Jan in my view and as he is contracted past the end of the season can see a current midfielder making way so he can stay.
    Let's hope that current midfielder is Will Vaulks: perhaps Blackpool will take him off our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Despite the rampant euphoria currently in vogue regarding Cardiff City and the sudden awakening of their football 'enlightenment', I still think we're odds on to go down. The club would be completely mad if they didn't bring back both Wintle and Watters in January, and I'm pretty certain that results in the run-in up to January will focus their minds to that effect.
    9/2.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Blackpool is miles away it’s not practical for him to come back for a few days training, not to mention pretty pointless because quite a number of our players are on international duty anyway. The rest of the players will get a few days off and some fitness work
    when they get back.
    It's 4 hours away, hardly the other side of the world, and a large amount our players aren't on international duty. Not saying he should definitely have come back but a 4 hour drive for the sake of 10 days with the parent club isn't the insanity you're trying to portray.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's 4 hours away, hardly the other side of the world, and a large amount our players aren't on international duty. Not saying he should definitely have come back but a 4 hour drive for the sake of 10 days with the parent club isn't the insanity you're trying to portray.
    Moore
    Harris
    Collwill
    Vaulks
    McGuiness
    Davies

6 of the 14 players that got minutes on the pitch in our last game are away on international duty.

Add to that Ciaron Brown, Joel Bagan and Kieron Evans who have all featured recently are also away on duty.

Eli King has been in the squad recently and is away and Sam Bowen would be too if he wasn’t injured.

Giles has gone back to his parent club allegedly so that’s 11/12 players from this years squad, a small squad anyway, that won’t be in training this international break.

It also won’t be 10 days training as international break is when players not involved and staff will get a few days off.

Dragging a player 200+ miles away from his loan club, to stay in a hotel, just for a few days training with half the squad of his parent club is not only unfair on the player it’s pretty pointless for the club too hence it’s not happening.

No-one said it was ‘insane’, I said it wasnt practical. It isn’t.

As you were.

Moore
    Harris
    Collwill
    Vaulks
    McGuiness
    Davies

6 of the 14 players that got minutes on the pitch in our last game are away on international duty.

Add to that Ciaron Brown, Joel Bagan and Kieron Evans who have all featured recently are also away on duty.

Eli King has been in the squad recently and is away and Sam Bowen would be too if he wasn’t injured.

Giles has gone back to his parent club allegedly so that’s 11/12 players from this years squad, a small squad anyway, that won’t be in training this international break.

It also won’t be 10 days training as international break is when players not involved and staff will get a few days off.

Dragging a player 200+ miles away from his loan club, to stay in a hotel, just for a few days training with half the squad of his parent club is not only unfair on the player it’s pretty pointless for the club too hence it’s not happening.

No-one said it was ‘insane’, I said it wasnt practical. It isn’t.

As you were.
    It's completely practical and I'm sure he could cope with staying in a hotel for a bit ffs

It's completely practical and I'm sure he could cope with staying in a hotel for a bit ffs
    Look, you’ve had a mare on this thread, just take it like a man and stop clutching at straws. Happens to the best of us.

Look, you’ve had a mare on this thread, just take it like a man and stop clutching at straws. Happens to the best of us.
    I accept your surrender

I accept your surrender
    You should have just put up the white flag the second you tried to argue we didn’t have a number of players on international duty.

Maybe a lesson for you in trying to be quick to argue the poster rather than the point being made.

Absolute mare

AYW