+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton

The sporting highlight for me this weekend has to be his Sprint Race result and the GP win in Brazil. Two separate penalties and clawing back 25 places though two different races is an incredible feat, even by his high standards. Watching that race today, for someone who loves motorsport and has followed F1 since I was a kid was spine-tingling stuff.

Would have loved to have gone to São Paulo in my lifetime. I'm not giving up hope and weirdly, seeing that race against the odds today has helped me and been really inspirational. Brilliant drive.

Re: Lewis Hamilton

A word too for Valentino Rossi, retired today after 26 seasons & 9 world championships. The man who elevated MotoGP hangs up his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    A word too for Valentino Rossi, retired today after 26 seasons & 9 world championships. The man who elevated MotoGP hangs up his helmet.
    Oh man, it's going to be weird without him. Do you go and watch or have you ever been? Thrilling stuff. Not sure what will happen to the number 46. It's fitting you mention him as he knew his way around an F1 car too and was quick enough for Michael Schumacher to try and persuade him to race after testing for Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The sporting highlight for me this weekend has to be his Sprint Race result and the GP win in Brazil. Two separate penalties and clawing back 25 places though two different races is an incredible feat, even by his high standards. Watching that race today, for someone who loves motorsport and has followed F1 since I was a kid was spine-tingling stuff.

Would have loved to have gone to São Paulo in my lifetime. I'm not giving up hope and weirdly, seeing that race against the odds today has helped me and been really inspirational. Brilliant drive.
    Hamiltons penalty was for putting a new engine in his car .
    The car gave him a 30kph advantage over Max on the straight .
    Hamilton should win the World championship from here if Red Bull cant pull that back somehow.
    Christian Horner didnt sound at all confident in the interview after the race .
    I will be having a few quid on him to win the World Championship ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Hamiltons penalty was for putting a new engine in his car .
    The car gave him a 30kph advantage over Max on the straight .
    Hamilton should win the World championship from here if Red Bull cant pull that back somehow.
    Christian Horner didnt sound at all confident in the interview after the race .
    I will be having a few quid on him to win the World Championship ....
    Correct. It was a gamble which paid off. It still doesn't detract from his accomplishment today and there was the small matter of him being run wide as well as Max going back to the weaving. Red Bull have had the faster car this season and should be further ahead. Horner's morphed into Ron Dennis under the pressure.

Versatppen is a crazy talent and is inhuman behind the wheel. The last three races are likely to favour the Mercedes so it's going to be exciting. It's a team sport and strategic. I'm just enjoying watching the soft drinks team manager starting to crack.

Oh man, it's going to be weird without him. Do you go and watch or have you ever been? Thrilling stuff. Not sure what will happen to the number 46. It's fitting you mention him as he knew his way around an F1 car too and was quick enough for Michael Schumacher to try and persuade him to race after testing for Ferrari.
    I was born into a racing family, so I’ve been fortunate to be involved in the sport for many decades and have been to many GPs throughout Europe & Oz. Give me 2 wheels over 4 any day.

I was born into a racing family, so I’ve been fortunate to be involved in the sport for many decades and have been to many GPs throughout Europe & Oz. Give me 2 wheels over 4 any day.
    That's amazing. So glad you posted about Rossi. I've got an ever-growing bucket list of bike races I want to go to. I've only ever seen SBKs at Donington and MOTO GP at Silverstone although I have been to quite a few 4 wheel races in Europe (inc F1, touring cars, endurance). Oz has some amazing circuits inc Phillip Island for SBK which looks a handful and one of my favourite endurance circuits is Mount Panorama, Bathurst. I've never been but I do sim race with iRacing and did the 12hr invitational there over lockdown.

Great to chat motorsport and great to find someone on here into bikes too.

Always wanted a motorbike. Too bloody dangerous though.

I went to a race day at Brands many years ago as a young teenager, I've never owned or ridden a bike but liked the bike racing (nutters), Phil Read and the MV Agusta, what an incredible sound in a field of sewing machine sound like two strokes, i never realised until 2 weeks ago that the two strokes are a thing of the past, never managed but wanted to go to one of the transatlantic meetings they used to do with the Americans (maybe they still do it ?) from memory the Brits used to be dominant but then a few good Americans came through (Kenny Roberts is the one I remember) and they started taking dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I went to a race day at Brands many years ago as a young teenager, I've never owned or ridden a bike but liked the bike racing (nutters), Phil Read and the MV Agusta, what an incredible sound in a field of sewing machine sound like two strokes, i never realised until 2 weeks ago that the two strokes are a thing of the past, never managed but wanted to go to one of the transatlantic meetings they used to do with the Americans (maybe they still do it ?) from memory the Brits used to be dominant but then a few good Americans came through (Kenny Roberts is the one I remember) and they started taking dominance.
    Phil Read on the Augusta at Cadwell Park probably around the same time (I think Cadwell and Brands were the same year but I can't be sure. I'm sure Des will know more). Attachment 4657

Phil Read on the Augusta at Cadwell Park probably around the same time (I think Cadwell and Brands were the same year but I can't be sure. I'm sure Des will know more). Attachment 4657
    Barry Sheene had not been long on the scene when i was following it, a tabloid paper pin up good looks
    and page 3 girlfriends, he rode at the meeting I went to, probably won it (not sure), i know i could google but think
    the suzis he rode had blue & white fairings, I would have only been about 15, we were staying at my uncles in Hainault, and made my own way to Brands and back, no phones, googles maps etc. I do remember changing for the bus at the elephant and castle

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Barry Sheene had not been long on the scene when i was following it, a tabloid paper pin up good looks
    and page 3 girlfriends, he rode at the meeting I went to, probably won it (not sure), i know i could google but think
    the suzis he rode had blue & white fairings, I would have only been about 15, we were staying at my uncles in Hainault, and made my own way to Brands and back, no phones, googles maps etc. I do remember changing for the bus at the elephant and castle
    I miss the old moth-eaten London AtoZ days armed with a compass and some Kendell mint cake in case it all went horribly wrong!

Lewis Hamilton didn't get much of a look in on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Lewis Hamilton didn't get much of a look in on this thread.
    apparently he had a great drive, I lost interest in F1 after Mansell but enjoyed his brief spell in Indy Car sticking it to the Americans on their own circuits.

That's amazing. So glad you posted about Rossi. I've got an ever-growing bucket list of bike races I want to go to. I've only ever seen SBKs at Donington and MOTO GP at Silverstone although I have been to quite a few 4 wheel races in Europe (inc F1, touring cars, endurance). Oz has some amazing circuits inc Phillip Island for SBK which looks a handful and one of my favourite endurance circuits is Mount Panorama, Bathurst. I've never been but I do sim race with iRacing and did the 12hr invitational there over lockdown.

Great to chat motorsport and great to find someone on here into bikes too.
    I’ve done both Phillip Island & Bathurst (my uncle lives there). For viewing and atmosphere try North West 200 Portrush or Assen for MotoGP