+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ledders hangs up his boots

Re: ledders hangs up his boots

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is that Lesley, the transvestite, from Benidorm played by Tim Healey?
    He could do a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He went on to play premier League football with crystal palace. Won trophies in Scotland with Celtic and hopefully made a few quid along the way. Good on him. No loyalty in football in my opinion.
    If you've ever heard him talk about his time at Celtic I don't think he regrets a second of it either

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Seems like you're one of the few to recognise it's a profession. You go where the work takes you, and to better yourself/family.
    Totally! Loyalty in the workplace in my opinion (and experience) is a one way street. Family and to a lesser extent friends are the loyalty ‘lines in the sand’.

Good luck Joe and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Totally! Loyalty in the workplace in my opinion (and experience) is a one way street. Family and to a lesser extent friends are the loyalty ‘lines in the sand’.

Good luck Joe and thanks!

No time for him. Why did he run down his contract which meant that we didn't get a fee for him, but would have benefited his immediate family in terms of pay, securing his future and that of his children. I know that we had great service from him for absolutely nothing, but c'mon, how selfish can a husband-father be towards the club? It's not like we'd have released him at 18 if he was a load of shit. Mercenary in my book.
    Don't many say "footballers have short careers they've got to earn it while they can"

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't many say "footballers have short careers they've got to earn it while they can"
    Yup, it's a well known phrase. Except when it's one of your own players ****ing off on a free in order to get a bit of the transfer fee on top of the deal

Yup, it's a well known phrase. Except when it's one of your own players ****ing off on a free in order to get a bit of the transfer fee on top of the deal

No time for him. Why did he run down his contract which meant that we didn't get a fee for him, but would have benefited his immediate family in terms of pay, securing his future and that of his children. I know that we had great service from him for absolutely nothing, but c'mon, how selfish can a husband-father be towards the club? It's not like we'd have released him at 18 if he was a load of shit. Mercenary in my book.
    Amen, never thought he was that special, career tailed off very early , thought it strange a 33 year old couldn't command first team slot at Cwnty , fit well looked after footballers can usual age adjust and keep it going much later than his retirement age.

Edit: why bother. Post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Amen, never thought he was that special, career tailed off very early , thought it strange a 33 year old couldn't command first team slot at Cwnty , fit well looked after footballers can usual age adjust and keep it going much later than his retirement age.
    He started young. 17 when he made his debut for us? Not long after a first team regular. He had three years on his contemporaries and his game was based on stamina and a fantastic engine. That was never going to last well into his thirties and Ledley was never likely to change the way he played that much, although he did learn to sit in a bit more in my opinion when i saw him for wales. The quick answer is that his legs have gone.

He started young. 17 when he made his debut for us? Not long after a first team regular. He had three years on his contemporaries and his game was based on stamina and a fantastic engine. That was never going to last well into his thirties and Ledley was never likely to change the way he played that much, although he did learn to sit in a bit more in my opinion when i saw him for wales. The quick answer is that his legs have gone.
    **** me, i just realised that LOM had replied to my Whoosh Post, Nick has given up hope and i've actually whooshed myself-it's gone full circle

**** me, i just realised that LOM had replied to my Whoosh Post, Nick has given up hope and i've actually whooshed myself-it's gone full circle

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

At least i realised what i did

At least i realised what i did

Where did his legs go , was there a search party ?