+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Carroll signs for Reading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Andy Carroll signs for Reading

I thought they were still under a transfer embargo (Pearcey - what is the score?).

If that is right doesn't that mean they can only recruit short term on a severe salary cap if their squad if below a certain size?

Whatever, it looks like a short term low-wage deal for a 'name' who cannot be fit. A club wanting to change the headlines? But what is in it for Carroll? Does he see it as a shop window to something that might offer a final payday?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought they were still under a transfer embargo (Pearcey - what is the score?).

If that is right doesn't that mean they can only recruit short term on a severe salary cap if their squad if below a certain size?

Whatever, it looks like a short term low-wage deal for a 'name' who cannot be fit. A club wanting to change the headlines? But what is in it for Carroll? Does he see it as a shop window to something that might offer a final payday?
    FC Reeperbahn maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

We are under an embargo still and cannot pay more than £8k a month on wages for any player. This deal makes sense and I suspect the EFL have agreed it because 1) we have agreed a points deduction and the process ahead and 2) our chronic injury problems with half of our small squad out injured. It reached a nadir last Monday night when Jhamari Clarke our young striker just turned 18 scored twice v Brum then two days later broke his ankle playing for the under 23’s.

Hopefully by mid January Joao will be close to returning. Hoilett back before then too.