+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another 9 points deduction for Derby

Another 9 points deduction for Derby

Re: Another 9 points deduction for Derby

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    It obviously benefits us but it's a sad reflection of modern football in the same way I found those Newcastle fans on the TV and media celebrating because they had an obscene amount of money nauseating

Another 9 points!!
    Snow way

EFL really putting the boot in. Hope they don't have anything on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    EFL really putting the boot in. Hope they don't have anything on us.
    we made a substantial profit in 2019, which should keep the wolf from the door until the end of the 2021 reporting period. when that drops off the 3 year accounting period we may well have difficulties, as we made a loss of £24 million in 2020 and our income has dropped by more than 30 million since then.
    we can make a loss of 39 million over 3 seasons, so it depends how successful we've been this season and next in cutting costs as to whether we've got a problem. I suspect it'll be very close

I think like us and others , the EFL have seen Derby over the years just get away with stuff , so they are now showing their strength hopefully they will plummet to Div 2 , Forest fans must be having a giggle .

I'm glad in a way our club have controlled the purse strings in these difficult times , it may not make us all happy however but it keeps us safe in a good league its a well done VT from me .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It obviously benefits us but it's a sad reflection of modern football in the same way I found those Newcastle fans on the TV and media celebrating because they had an obscene amount of money nauseating
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we made a substantial profit in 2019, which should keep the wolf from the door until the end of the 2021 reporting period. when that drops off the 3 year accounting period we may well have difficulties, as we made a loss of £24 million in 2020 and our income has dropped by more than 30 million since then.
    we can make a loss of 39 million over 3 seasons, so it depends how successful we've been this season and next in cutting costs as to whether we've got a problem. I suspect it'll be very close
    Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Limited , whose accounts show all activities of the club , made a loss of £12.3m in the year to 31 May 2020 . a loss of £0.8m to May 2019 and a loss of £9.0m to May 2018. The 2020 figure included a provision of £20.7m for settling the Emiliano Sala claim , and the 2019 accounts a similar figure of £19.5m so without those provisions the accounts would have shown a profit in both years.
    The May 2021 accounts should be OK as they will include a big element of income brought forward from the 2019/20 season caused by the Covid deferred season ending after the May year end.

Based on the above , the club will not have a problem with Profitability and Sustainability requirements of the EFL

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Limited , whose accounts show all activities of the club , made a loss of £12.3m in the year to 31 May 2020 . a loss of £0.8m to May 2019 and a loss of £9.0m to May 2018. The 2020 figure included a provision of £20.7m for settling the Emiliano Sala claim , and the 2019 accounts a similar figure of £19.5m so without those provisions the accounts would have shown a profit in both years.
    The May 2021 accounts should be OK as they will include a big element of income brought forward from the 2019/20 season caused by the Covid deferred season ending after the May year end.

Based on the above , the club will not have a problem with Profitability and Sustainability requirements of the EFL

Keith
    that's a bit more positive then.

I was going off something from Swiss ramble a while back, but tbh I've no idea what that includes or doesn't.

top right in this image20211116_131140.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post

Keith
    Thank you Keith for clarifying the situation.

PS Can you please ask your son to stop doing so well at Forest, as I can't stand the grief.

Marlon Pack's late goal against Rotherham last season that annoyed lots of people as it kept Derby up might end up keeping us up this season, if we finished 21st with Derby one of the teams below us because of their points deduction.