Thread: It's Just Not Cricket - Howzat

Re: It's Just Not Cricket - Howzat

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Turns out Rafiq’s an hypocrite?..
    Hypocrite is being kind I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Hypocrite is being kind I would say.
    I was thinking of calling him an Utter C**t to be honest but toned it down.

Banned

Facking snowflakes mun.
    Ponses everywhere.

20 years of working away on English building sites and being called taff or sheep sh ag ger, cmon mun.
    Bring that stuff on mun

Calling hard to pronounce names "steve" cmon.
    Poofter this guy is

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Facking snowflakes mun.
    Ponses everywhere.

20 years of working away on English building sites and being called taff or sheep sh ag ger, cmon mun.
    Bring that stuff on mun

Calling hard to pronounce names "steve" cmon.
    Poofter this guy is
    Would you go up to a black guy , sub contracted on site to do some groundwork and say ....hey ngggr pass me the spade .....in a jokey sort of way .......and if he went for you say hey I am a taff , people call me sheepshagger ......I was only joking ......as he batters you ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have always thought aggers was a plum in the mouth type and to say that a person who is a victim of racism in the workplace .......shouldn't go back for more ......in incredibly stupid

It's obvious that this is a culture of institutional and societal racism

The person who has raised it himself clearly is guilty of anti semitic language so is a hypocrite but that doesn't mean he has not been on the end of racist abuse and if he wasn't the one complaining then I bet someone else was racially abused and didn't speak out .

His previous behaviour doesn't mean that those abusing him get a free ticket

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I watched Rafiq’s testimony on Tuesday and, off the top of my head, the only people he made accusations against who haven’t made some sort of comment on the matter are Martyn Moxon the former England batsman who has been a coach for years at Durham and Yorkshire and is currently off work suffering from stress and Andrew Gale the current Yorkshire coach who was suspended by the county as a result of an anti Semitic tweet he made ten years ago. David Lloyd has apologised for comments about Rafiq in particular and Asian cricketers in general, that will be more than enough for many to think, rightly or wrongly, that he’s a racist without having to take what Rafiq thinks into account. Ajmal Shahzad was the fourth of the players of Asian descent that Michael Vaughans “too many of you” comments we’re supposed to have been directed at, he denies hearing them and has said he did not experience racism at Yorkshire, but the fact remains that there have been multiple resignations at the county in the last couple of weeks, so there’s clearly a problem there.
    I don't doubt there's been racist language thrown about at the club. What irks me is that in common with so much nowadays, individuals, [governments too], can make all sorts of unsubstantiated claims without challenge or scrutiny. Heaven knows, we had it for nearly 2 years. Re. resignations, it's no the old-style 'falling on one's sword' scenario, an admission of guilt etc., but more PR, concerned about losing sponsorship, and generally getting of the firing range. Was the 'too many of you" comment racist ? We don't know the context. Was he really told to 'go and sit by the toilets' ? I think after the anti-semetic/racist comments from him, it's hard to know when he's telling the truth or otherwise. He's a racist - or ex-racist, who's calling out racism. That much is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I don't doubt there's been racist language thrown about at the club. What irks me is that in common with so much nowadays, individuals, [governments too], can make all sorts of unsubstantiated claims without challenge or scrutiny. Heaven knows, we had it for nearly 2 years. Re. resignations, it's no the old-style 'falling on one's sword' scenario, an admission of guilt etc., but more PR, concerned about losing sponsorship, and generally getting of the firing range. Was the 'too many of you" comment racist ? We don't know the context. Was he really told to 'go and sit by the toilets' ? I think after the anti-semetic/racist comments from him, it's hard to know when he's telling the truth or otherwise. He's a racist - or ex-racist, who's calling out racism. That much is a fact.
    Let me understand this.

You want to know the context of the comments of being called a p*** , elephant washer , too many of you , sit by the toilet etc etc as it may not have benn racist.

But having seen Rafiqs tweets youve decided he was or is a racist.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Let me understand this.

You want to know the context of the comments of being called a p*** , elephant washer , too many of you , sit by the toilet etc etc as it may not have benn racist.

But having seen Rafiqs tweets youve decided he was or is a racist.?

Also like to know why Rafiq is a racist or was a racist fact.

While earlier refutes David Lloyd is. ???

Compare Rafiqs tweets and Lloyd's comments about the Asian Community. Love to know why Monkfish thinks its a fact Rafiq is or was a racist but Lloyd isnt?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What is it you want? It makes no sense for anyone to argue the way you are unless there's another reason. What is it? I'm disappointed that Rafiq made the remarks he did. So is he. Do you ever make mistakes? Are you never guilty of hypocrisy? I know I am and when I realise it I try to fix it or remedy it.

By your reasoning a reformed criminal will always be criminal and can never be trusted based on something they did. This isn't a religious thing when I say, without forgiveness we can never move on. He's apologised. It's pretty clear to most reasonable people that he's deeply embarrassed himself. To me, that's enough. It doesn't negate anything that's happened to him. It doesn't let anyone else off the hook and it doesn't make Rafiq a liar. It just makes him human and flawed, like the rest of us, including you.

Even Rafiq, after everything he was put through, endorsed forgiveness (on R4). This was before the recent historic remarks.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...rs-ago-3464984

Azeem Rafiq accused of sending 'creepy' messages to teenage girl six years ago

FFS. He's going to be character-assissinated. Which means all the other stuff will be dismissed. Another bloody mess. I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    FFS. He's going to be character-assissinated. Which means all the other stuff will be dismissed. Another bloody mess. I give up.
    People in glass houses

People in glass houses
    So are you saying people can’t ever complain about anything unless they’re completely squeaky clean themselves?

Are you saying If someone says something racist once they can’t complain about systematic racism targeting them in the workplace?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Would you go up to a black guy , sub contracted on site to do some groundwork and say ....hey ngggr pass me the spade .....in a jokey sort of way .......and if he went for you say hey I am a taff , people call me sheepshagger ......I was only joking ......as he batters you ?
    That's not my analogy tho was it you berk

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So are you saying people can’t ever complain about anything unless they’re completely squeaky clean themselves?

Are you saying If someone says something racist once they can’t complain about systematic racism targeting them in the workplace?
    Racist reporting a racist..

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    That's not my analogy tho was it you berk
    Yes it was

Racist reporting a racist..
    2 questions:

Is someone who says something racist once is a racist?

Is it then ok to racially abuse them over a period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    2 questions:

Is someone who says something racist once is a racist?

Is it then ok to racially abuse them over a period of time?
    If someone shouts N****R or P**i at a player once during a game would that make them a racist or not?
    Plus i'm not saying it's ok to for anyone to be abused racially or in any other way in fact but don't play the innocent victim when you have dished it out previously.
    That's it from me i don't even have any interest in this thread or cricket

If someone shouts N****R or P**i at a player once during a game would that make them a racist or not?
    Plus i'm not saying it's ok to for anyone to be abused racially or in any other way in fact but don't play the innocent victim when you have dished it out previously.
    That's it from me i don't even have any interest in this thread or cricket
    But he isn’t playing the victim, he has been the actual victim.

I don’t understand how doing something wrong himself charges that or means it’s ok.

That’s it from you because the actual logic of the situation means you have to think about your opinion and maybe change it but that would mean admitting you might be wrong.