Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
OK, I get that and certainly respect your analysis but how is 'championship quality' measured? Wintle, most would say, is passing the test but what of Watters, say, who's not playing at that level? Also, isn't the only true measure of championship quality one where a player has been successful over a season and has been part of a successful (as in non-relegated) side? How does that square with our youth policy? I get that you don't rate Whyte and that's cool. But surely we have to be careful that we don't allow our own bias and wishful thinking (I'm not talking about you here BTW) to objectively assess our dogfight capabilities. We've a terrible record of prematurely or inappropriately writing players off at Cardiff so I guess I'm just playing devils advocate in order to understand why this happens.
I worded that badly at the end...I meant to write 'But surely we have to be careful that we don't allow our own bias and wishful thinking (I'm not talking about you here BTW) to get in the way of objectively assessing our dogfight capabilities