+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gavin Whyte

Re: Gavin Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That's harsh. I'd take a hard worker over the flaccid lot I've paid to watch this season. Have you seen where we are in the table? We're never going to get any money back unless we play him and if he's bloody good enough to play for Northern Ireland and help to hold Italy to a 0-0 draw, he's certainly bloody good enough to play for us.
    Signings like Whyte are why we are in this mess. He's got no footballing talent apart from hard work and being quite quick. He offers absolutely sod all on the pitch. He rarely goes past a man, he's not scored in 31 games for us, he's not scored in 13 games for Oxford. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 2 and a half seasons. Hull didn't want to resign him, and they're worse than us. He's an honest player but he is not good enough. He's had 5 managers (including the 2 loan managers) and he's done nothing for any of them.

Re Northern Ireland comment, there are two squad players for Sunderland in that side and another League One player. That is not an indication of their quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Signings like Whyte are why we are in this mess. He's got no footballing talent apart from hard work and being quite quick. He offers absolutely sod all on the pitch. He rarely goes past a man, he's not scored in 31 games for us, he's not scored in 13 games for Oxford. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 2 and a half seasons. Hull didn't want to resign him, and they're worse than us. He's an honest player but he is not good enough. He's had 5 managers (including the 2 loan managers) and he's done nothing for any of them.

Re Northern Ireland comment, there are two squad players for Sunderland in that side and another League One player. That is not an indication of their quality.
    I suppose what I don't like is kicking the player(s). I've watched some utter phoned-in performances by so-called senior pros in our squad this season. Whyte wasn't even playing.

What does Whyte have? Pace. What are we short of? Pace. Could the new messiah Morison get something out of him? If he's as good as everyone thinks he might be (sic) then I'd have him.

But let's park that coz it's all guesswork and opinion. I do agree that it's signing's like Whyte that have contributed to the mess we're in. But let's not forget who signed him for an undisclosed fee (I've seen figures of £2M but have no idea if these are correct).

This is the quote from Neil Warnock in July 2019 "I watched a lot of Gavin while we were scouting Curtis Nelson. He just excited me so much. He's full of enthusiasm and is just the type of player that we were looking for. I think he'll be a fans' favourite for years to come.".

He clearly didn't see as much of him as a lot of other people did in Belfast in January 2019 when he was filmed masturbating in the street after a NI match (my grammar makes that sound even more bizarre than it already is). This also made the quote by our Gav when he signed a tad unfortunate: "I'm delighted," he said. "When I first heard about the move, I couldn't wait to come here.

Not helped by also adding "I'm a hard worker".

In fairness to the lad he was 'mortified'. As I'm sure many of us would be if we 'were filmed'.

Look, I'm a cynical s*d these days. Neil-got-us-promoted-then-relegated-from-the-PL-Warnock signed him. Is that Whyte's fault? No. Am I asking a lot of questions then answering them myself? Yes.

Did he really watch him? Hmm. I wonder who ate all the porkie pies? Jeez, I can't stop myself!

I suppose what I don't like is kicking the player(s). I've watched some utter phoned-in performances by so-called senior pros in our squad this season. Whyte wasn't even playing.

What does Whyte have? Pace.
    At this point your argument is lost. Whyte was slow compared with Mendez-Laing and Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At this point your argument is lost. Whyte was slow compared with Mendez-Laing and Hoilett.
    Why Eric? We're arguing about bringing him back (or the merits of). Pace would be the only asset he could offer as I think we're short on raw pace and look a very slow side. Everything else has to be taken in that context, The fact that Warnock signed him for his pace or something he alleges to have seen in him is something you'd have ask him about, especially as you say, he was slower than Holiestt or Mendez-lying at the time.

The rest about him getting caught exposing himself (something Warnock would have known about - or should have) is neither here nor there I just threw that in to highlight how I don't think Warnock had ever seen him play.

Why Eric? We're arguing about bringing him back (or the merits of). Pace would be the only asset he could offer as I think we're short on raw pace and look a very slow side. Everything else has to be taken in that context, The fact that Warnock signed him for his pace or something he alleges to have seen in him is something you'd have ask him about, especially as you say, he was slower than Holiestt or Mendez-lying at the time.

The rest about him getting caught exposing himself (something Warnock would have known about - or should have) is neither here nor there I just threw that in to highlight how I don't think Warnock had ever seen him play.
    WHYTE HAS NO PACE

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I agree entirely, I wouldn't want Whyte back. It would be great if Oxford would take Nelson back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I agree entirely, I wouldn't want Whyte back. It would be great if Oxford would take Nelson back though.
    I think I was stoned to death on here for describing Nelson as bang average.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    WHYTE HAS NO PACE
    I'm being whooshed right?

I think I was stoned to death on here for describing Nelson as bang average.
    I don't think he's anywhere near that good 😱

What does Whyte have? Pace. What are we short of? Pace. Could the new messiah Morison get something out of him? If he's as good as everyone thinks he might be (sic) then I'd have him.

But let's park that coz it's all guesswork and opinion. I do agree that it's signing's like Whyte that have contributed to the mess we're in. But let's not forget who signed him for an undisclosed fee (I've seen figures of £2M but have no idea if these are correct).

This is the quote from Neil Warnock in July 2019 "I watched a lot of Gavin while we were scouting Curtis Nelson. He just excited me so much. He's full of enthusiasm and is just the type of player that we were looking for. I think he'll be a fans' favourite for years to come.".

He clearly didn't see as much of him as a lot of other people did in Belfast in January 2019 when he was filmed masturbating in the street after a NI match (my grammar makes that sound even more bizarre than it already is). This also made the quote by our Gav when he signed a tad unfortunate: "I'm delighted," he said. "When I first heard about the move, I couldn't wait to come here.

Not helped by also adding "I'm a hard worker".

In fairness to the lad he was 'mortified'. As I'm sure many of us would be if we 'were filmed'.

Look, I'm a cynical s*d these days. Neil-got-us-promoted-then-relegated-from-the-PL-Warnock signed him. Is that Whyte's fault? No. Am I asking a lot of questions then answering them myself? Yes.

Did he really watch him? Hmm. I wonder who ate all the porkie pies? Jeez, I can't stop myself!
    We’re short of pace in the spine of the team where we keep getting exposed not the flanks

Whyte is a very poor winger and maybe too lightweight to be a good full/wingback

Worth a try but on everything I’ve seen he’s not a championship player. Will stand out at league one because he’s so hard working but not got the quality for the step up.