+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Name of song played at the end on TV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Name of song played at the end on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I like Dafydd Iwans music and I particularly like that song as it goes, but he is undeniably a controversial figure, served time for it too.

It is probably comparable to the Fields of Athenry, less so Flower of Scotland which is the Scottish national anthem. Comparing it to 'Ten German Bombers' is damning!

It is a very nationalistic song, closely linked to independence. I'm not totally sure the FAW should go down this route if I'm perfectly honest.
    You don't really think I was comparing the first three songs with 'Ten German bombers'?

I was making a subtle point. Perhaps too subtle?

I've always assumed the patriotism and promotion of Welsh culture was a marketing strategy used by the FAW?

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...de-the-country

Interesting article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You don't really think I was comparing the first three songs with 'Ten German bombers'?

I was making a subtle point. Perhaps too subtle?

I've always assumed the patriotism and promotion of Welsh culture was a marketing strategy used by the FAW?

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...de-the-country

Interesting article.
    That's a really interesting article and I'm glad you posted it because I missed it. I'm really impressed with what the FAW are doing after reading that.

I remember the first time I heard Yma o hyd down the City but can't remember the game, Ali played it.

Tune-wise he was the master.