Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belgian newspaper report

Belgian newspaper report

Re: Belgian newspaper report

...can't speak a word of Belgian

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...can't speak a word of Belgian
    Didnt you see the translate button at the bottom of the page?

'Shit Aaron Ramsey' gets a couple of mentions 😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

'Shit Aaron Ramsey' gets a couple of mentions ��
    No, I can't for the life of me see the translate button at the bottom of the page. Where exactly is it?

Bit harsh on Boyata, thought he was a one man band at the back for them.

Here you go-

The World Cup was already in, but our last qualifying match in Wales was still useful. In a swirling stadium it was 1-1, but it was above all a good test for some less experienced Red Devils. With De Ketelaere, Theate, Origi and later also Saelemaekers and Vanzeir it was sometimes a search for automatisms, but this exercise is worth repeating. We already knew that Kevin De Bruyne is unparalleled.

Dragons against Devils. It sounds like an epic battle, but in reality there was hardly anything at stake during Wales-Belgium. Our country had already received its World Cup ticket and the Welshmen were already certain of the jump-offs. Nevertheless, the Cardiff Stadium was a backdrop for a nice stage. The stadium of 32,000 people was sold out and here you can refresh your classics. Baby, give it up and Guantanamera buzzed in our ear all night. Of course the home crowd had refined the lyrics. The first song by KC & The Sunshine Band was intended as an ode to their striker Kieffer Moore, the second they used to tease Kevin De Bruyne. He is a shit Aaron Ramsey rolled off the stands as if King Kev were a bland decoction of the Welsh crowd favorite.

Divide et impera

This is how you bring disaster upon yourself. The Witsel-De Bruyne-Vanaken triangle prevailed in midfield and the Man City player divided et impera, divide and conquer. When the Welsh fans really sat down, De Bruyne thought it was enough. First he missed a volley with the left, after which he apologised, but in the rebound the midfielder blasted into the leather with the right. The shit Aaron Ramsey was going to silence the public himself. dragon slayer.

The fact that the reddish midfield ran well was not our main objective this evening, however. We especially wanted to know how the less experienced Devils would fare in this qualifying mach. Roberto Martinez had given us something to watch. In the striker was Divock Origi supported by Charles De Ketelaere. The defense consisted of the trio Castagne, Boyata, Theate. We can be brief about the deep striker. Origi may be 26 years old and he was clearly not feeling well at Liverpool. The attacker barely made one good move. Then Benteke did better last Saturday.

The rearguard gets a more nuanced judgment. Arthur Theate played fairly uncomplicated on his big debut. He fought hard and tried to play football. Unfortunately, he was sometimes let down by Dedryck Boyata. He already tripped over the ball and sometimes did not act decisively. For example, Belgium swallowed the 1-1. Yes, Theate went wildly wide when Moore scored, but the damage was done when the cross came. At times like these, Theate needs to learn to be a little more judicious, but he deserves another chance. King Arthur fits into an epic battle.

The result was that the stadium got into higher spheres again. Wales needed one point to finish second and thus have home advantage in the jump-offs. Okay, De Bruyne once again served Thorgan Hazard who hit the potential world goal on the post, but after the break the Belgians slumped away.

Good Casteels

We were going to lose the ball. De Ketelaere also suffered from this from time to time in the pocket and was replaced. It is clear that these guys are still missing some automatisms. That became even more visible when Martinez brought in other not so established names. Dendoncker was allowed to play in the defence, Saelemaekers was central and Dante Vanzeir was the striker. They couldn't get much done. On the contrary, it was goalkeeper Koen Casteels who hit the Welsh winning goal out of his net.

If you wake up this morning, it could well be that Belgium is no longer number 1 in the FIFA ranking after 3 years. Then Brazil won last night, but never mind… We get 20 out of 24 in this World Cup preliminary round and go to Qatar. In the spring we can continue to practice with these young/less rotten Devils. Moreover, if the need is high, there is always Kevin De Bruyne. He has the key. King Kev has been involved in 24 goals in their last 19 caps and when he turns, the team is two tiers up.

By Jürgen Geril

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bit harsh on Boyata, thought he was a one man band at the back for them.
    I was watching him closely in the first half as I've seen him a few times for Hertha. He was awful in the first half. He seemed to improve after he got that knock on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    No, I can't for the life of me see the translate button at the bottom of the page. Where exactly is it?
    Even I found it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Even I found it
    Did you order the paper version?🙂

Here you go-

The World Cup was already in, but our last qualifying match in Wales was still useful. In a swirling stadium it was 1-1, but it was above all a good test for some less experienced Red Devils. With De Ketelaere, Theate, Origi and later also Saelemaekers and Vanzeir it was sometimes a search for automatisms, but this exercise is worth repeating. We already knew that Kevin De Bruyne is unparalleled.

Dragons against Devils. It sounds like an epic battle, but in reality there was hardly anything at stake during Wales-Belgium. Our country had already received its World Cup ticket and the Welshmen were already certain of the jump-offs. Nevertheless, the Cardiff Stadium was a backdrop for a nice stage. The stadium of 32,000 people was sold out and here you can refresh your classics. Baby, give it up and Guantanamera buzzed in our ear all night. Of course the home crowd had refined the lyrics. The first song by KC & The Sunshine Band was intended as an ode to their striker Kieffer Moore, the second they used to tease Kevin De Bruyne. He is a shit Aaron Ramsey rolled off the stands as if King Kev were a bland decoction of the Welsh crowd favorite.

Divide et impera

This is how you bring disaster upon yourself. The Witsel-De Bruyne-Vanaken triangle prevailed in midfield and the Man City player divided et impera, divide and conquer. When the Welsh fans really sat down, De Bruyne thought it was enough. First he missed a volley with the left, after which he apologised, but in the rebound the midfielder blasted into the leather with the right. The shit Aaron Ramsey was going to silence the public himself. dragon slayer.

The fact that the reddish midfield ran well was not our main objective this evening, however. We especially wanted to know how the less experienced Devils would fare in this qualifying mach. Roberto Martinez had given us something to watch. In the striker was Divock Origi supported by Charles De Ketelaere. The defense consisted of the trio Castagne, Boyata, Theate. We can be brief about the deep striker. Origi may be 26 years old and he was clearly not feeling well at Liverpool. The attacker barely made one good move. Then Benteke did better last Saturday.

The rearguard gets a more nuanced judgment. Arthur Theate played fairly uncomplicated on his big debut. He fought hard and tried to play football. Unfortunately, he was sometimes let down by Dedryck Boyata. He already tripped over the ball and sometimes did not act decisively. For example, Belgium swallowed the 1-1. Yes, Theate went wildly wide when Moore scored, but the damage was done when the cross came. At times like these, Theate needs to learn to be a little more judicious, but he deserves another chance. King Arthur fits into an epic battle.

The result was that the stadium got into higher spheres again. Wales needed one point to finish second and thus have home advantage in the jump-offs. Okay, De Bruyne once again served Thorgan Hazard who hit the potential world goal on the post, but after the break the Belgians slumped away.

Good Casteels

We were going to lose the ball. De Ketelaere also suffered from this from time to time in the pocket and was replaced. It is clear that these guys are still missing some automatisms. That became even more visible when Martinez brought in other not so established names. Dendoncker was allowed to play in the defence, Saelemaekers was central and Dante Vanzeir was the striker. They couldn't get much done. On the contrary, it was goalkeeper Koen Casteels who hit the Welsh winning goal out of his net.

If you wake up this morning, it could well be that Belgium is no longer number 1 in the FIFA ranking after 3 years. Then Brazil won last night, but never mind… We get 20 out of 24 in this World Cup preliminary round and go to Qatar. In the spring we can continue to practice with these young/less rotten Devils. Moreover, if the need is high, there is always Kevin De Bruyne. He has the key. King Kev has been involved in 24 goals in their last 19 caps and when he turns, the team is two tiers up.

By Jürgen Geril
    CHEERS MATEY

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

“ If you wake up this morning,…”

Happy sod

'Shit Aaron Ramsey' gets a couple of mentions 😂

....I did see the button..my comment was a reference to Derek and Clive

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ....I did see the button..my comment was a reference to Derek and Clive
    Straight over my head sorry with room to spare. Never seen it.

Did you order the paper version?��
    add google translate to Bluetit's list of "acceptable technology" then

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It can depend on which browser you use. Some have it on the right click menu.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    add google translate to Bluetit's list of "acceptable technology" then

All I did was tap the rectangle at the bottom of the page, haven’t got a clue what “google translate” is

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    All I did was tap the rectangle at the bottom of the page, haven’t got a clue what “google translate” is
    it's the technological wonder that translated a Belgian newspaper article into English for you in 0.5 seconds at the press of a button

I was baffled by the booing of DeBruyne and the Aaron Ramsey comparison song. Far worse players than DeBruyne are capable of shutting a crowd up when they’ve been singled out for treatment - it was madness to be like that with such a great player and it was always likely to rebound on those who started it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was baffled by the booing of DeBruyne and the Aaron Ramsey comparison song. Far worse players than DeBruyne are capable of shutting a crowd up when they’ve been singled out for treatment - it was madness to be like that with such a great player and it was always likely to rebound on those who started it.
    Yea I didn't like it, always seems a good likeable guy and far more importantly he isn't someone I'd want to encourage to put any more effort in than he already would have.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let's be honest, a fair number of football supporters are just plain cretins.

I think you're all being a bit too sensitive about it to be honest, it was just a bit of tongue in cheek fun, no one there actually thinks that Ramsey is better than De Bruyne. KDB is going to score that goal whether people sing at him or not. And it was still being sung second half when was pretty much anonymous anyway so the "don't wind him up" falls down a bit there.

Martinez has said the crowd were a big help to Wales, it was a fantastic atmosphere and KDB's put this on his Twitter today, all good fun and it was the most I've enjoyed a football match for a long long time https://twitter.com/DeBruyneKev/stat...630806017?s=20

I think you're all being a bit too sensitive about it to be honest, it was just a bit of tongue in cheek fun, no one there actually thinks that Ramsey is better than De Bruyne. KDB is going to score that goal whether people sing at him or not. And it was still being sung second half when was pretty much anonymous anyway so the "don't wind him up" falls down a bit there.

Martinez has said the crowd were a big help to Wales, it was a fantastic atmosphere and KDB's put this on his Twitter today, all good fun and it was the most I've enjoyed a football match for a long long time https://twitter.com/DeBruyneKev/stat...630806017?s=20
    His reaction after scoring said everything about how he felt at that moment. It’s common sense and I’ve heard Messrs Roberts and Gabbidon saying it on EJFOF - the last thing you should do is wind up a world class opponent.

Cool photo, how the hell did Jonny Williams get in the front row and be on the bench.

Imagine the high volume of United & Liverpool fans there were booing KDB

there's a guy about 4 rows up on the right who has an absolutely enormous face