And I have shelves creaking of cds 💿

And all those wires

And all that dust

And switching everything on and off

Cd player , amp , speakers , tuner

I gotta move on

What's the best app for music ?

Which ones don't have any adverts ?

And is it worth paying for Spotify etc ?

We then get onto plating it

I clearly need a speaker

I have a small flat , I have neighbours , I am not playing Sabbath and need a set of Marshall stacks , small and compact but good quality is fine .......

Will a couple of those alexas do ? Or are they more for checking on the weather 🤔

What's a surround bar ? Is that a form of Bluetooth speaker ....is alexa a form of Bluetooth speaker ?

What am I looking at paying ? Believe me some of the stuff I listen to doesn't need peak performance! We are talking thick , soupy metal

Re: Music Lovers , Bring Me Into The 21st Century

Spotify is definitely worth it imo. As for speakers, JBL are very good quality's and last a while without being too pricey.

Spotify etc, all great.

CD's, meh.

Mistake to get rid of your vinyl mind..

Definitely pay to not have adverts on Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Spotify etc, all great.

CD's, meh.

Mistake to get rid of your vinyl mind..
    What about getting rid of my cds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Definitely pay to not have adverts on Spotify.
    Thanks Mr clotted cream

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Considering your taste in music, it's a definite 'yes' from me

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Spotify is definitely worth it imo. As for speakers, JBL are very good quality's and last a while without being too pricey.
    Thanks kev

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Considering your taste in music, it's a definite 'yes' from me
    I know where you live

An insider tells me it's somewhere in Taunton

I know where you live

An insider tells me it's somewhere in Taunton
    Wasn't 'Insider' a poster who had the weird and disturbing avatar on here?

I have packed mine away and put the best ones in the car. I like the concept of an album as a 'story' so enjoy CD's for that, but am building up a vinyl collection of my favourite albums that mean a lot to me etc

CD's are also handy for frisbies, scraping ice off car windows and placing on womens nipples

I have packed mine away and put the best ones in the car. I like the concept of an album as a 'story' so enjoy CD's for that, but am building up a vinyl collection of my favourite albums that mean a lot to me etc

CD's are also handy for frisbies, scraping ice off car windows and placing on womens nipples
    I am thinking of boxing mine . I recently spent 60 quid on a limited edition tool cd

I got a good price for my vinyl , I don't think I will get the same for my cds

I am thinking of boxing mine . I recently spent 60 quid on a limited edition tool cd

Yeah CD's almost worthless.

I'd pay £20 for good vinyl. I may pay 50p for a CD i guess.

Yeah CD's almost worthless.

I'd pay £20 for good vinyl. I may pay 50p for a CD i guess.
    I got 100 quid for an Alice In Chains gatefold EP

My cds are just going to gather dust . I have them all written down alphabetically though so they will always be with me in spirit

Be careful of the jab followed by an upper cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Be careful of the jab followed by an upper cut.
    Would be a great fight if he has Simon and Garfunkels 'The Boxer' on CD

They're probably worthless. I got rid of mine about 12 years ago. Gave some away and put the rest out on the street.

Feedback

anyone who suggests Spotify should be made to listen to Genesis for the rest of their lives. Spotify pay a pittance to artists, giving something like a £1 for every 100,000 plays of a song.

Stick to vinyl, it looks better, it sounds better and you're making sure the artist gets a fair proportion for their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    anyone who suggests Spotify should be made to listen to Genesis for the rest of their lives. Spotify pay a pittance to artists, giving something like a £1 for every 100,000 plays of a song.

Stick to vinyl, it looks better, it sounds better and you're making sure the artist gets a fair proportion for their work.
    It's too much feckin faffing about , like cds

Why go down the gym when you can do press ups and sit ups at home ?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post

Weren't Spotify up in front of the House of Commons recently to try and change their ways? That's gone quiet recently

A mate's band got about 15,000 plays on Spotify, they got £20. I find the best way to support artists you like now is just buy stuff off them directly, go see them live etc that's what I tend to do.

I can see the arguments for apps like Spotify in terms of finding music, but I think its important to support artists you like in other ways

OK so alexa , jbls etc are a 5ype of Bluetooth speaker ?

A surround bar is too ?

I think I am getting it now

Spotify has never appealed to me, I like the idea of owning the music I have. All of my cd collection has been ripped to my pc and I have a Dropbox subscription if I want access to it or my hard drive fails.

I should think about getting rid of my CDs, some of the early now music compilations sell for around £20 on eBay. 90s dance is my genre and some obscure cd singles can be worth over a fiver. Anything mainstream and popular isn't worth anything.

I bought a Rega Planar 2 for my 40th as part of a middle age project to discover vinyl. I rarely use it any more and I keep thinking about selling it, but I don't think I can.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Weren't Spotify up in front of the House of Commons recently to try and change their ways? That's gone quiet recently

A mate's band got about 15,000 plays on Spotify, they got £20. I find the best way to support artists you like now is just buy stuff off them directly, go see them live etc that's what I tend to do.

I can see the arguments for apps like Spotify in terms of finding music, but I think its important to support artists you like in other ways

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Some of their stuff looks nice mid range

I don't need studio sound

I have hundreds of vinyl LP's and 45 /EP singles.....(and cassette tapes....)...never would get rid of them...they have an entirely different -and better - sound...scratches et al...my first record (45) bought at Fred Fey in Pontypridd...(right by the toilets now consigned underground...)....who remembers them? That was So Deep by Brenda Lee...before I even has a player...also many bought at Spillers records on The Hayes.