Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Lovers , Bring Me Into The 21st Century

Re: Music Lovers , Bring Me Into The 21st Century

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Spotify etc, all great.

CD's, meh.

Mistake to get rid of your vinyl mind..
    DO NOT DO THIS!

I've converted my family to vinyl - even my sprogs prefer it to ipods etc.

Don't know you Sludge, apart from this fine organ. Respect your music passion though. Selling your vinyl is a surprise. Maybe you've got a good price seeing as old ones are being reprinted now? Anyway, Spotify etc. are to be avoided in my view if you want to support musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    Don't know you Sludge, apart from this fine organ. Respect your music passion though. Selling your vinyl is a surprise. Maybe you've got a good price seeing as old ones are being reprinted now? Anyway, Spotify etc. are to be avoided in my view if you want to support musicians.
    I didn't have the room

And even the smaller cds are creaking my shelves

In the same way getting changed , driving to the swimming pool , getting changed , swimming , shower , getting changed , driving home is too much faff ....so is cd , amp , speakers , tuner etc

It's too much faff

If you've got a decent wedge of a budget, want to hear and feel the low E's hit you in the guts, then you would get a Bluetooth speaker from Naim Audio. That's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    If you've got a decent wedge of a budget, want to hear and feel the low E's hit you in the guts, then you would get a Bluetooth speaker from Naim Audio. That's all you need to know.
    I shall look them up

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I shall look them up
    Seriously attractive

And very expensive

there you go

I have an old Rotel amp and a Dual vinyl deck plus Denon cd. All 25 yrs old. Still going strong and now my kids use them. The amp connects to the telly so none of that sound bar nonsense. We connect iPhones etc to the amp via aux for youtube etc. Old tech is much more useful for hifi in my view.

I have an old Rotel amp and a Dual vinyl deck plus Denon cd. All 25 yrs old. Still going strong and now my kids use them. The amp connects to the telly so none of that sound bar nonsense. We connect iPhones etc to the amp via aux for youtube etc. Old tech is much more useful for hifi in my view.
    Denon do some lovely stuff

A had a Garrod turntable for many years , quality

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

there you go
    Fear Factory clearly a major influence

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Spotify is definitely worth it imo. As for speakers, JBL are very good quality's and last a while without being too pricey.
    Got some good headphones from them as well, free off virgin media. Nothing "decent" to compare to as only ever had in ear cheap options best being 20 quid Sony ones...but definitely impressed.

I have a Rotel too. Very nice. Also connected to the TV. My brother-in-law has that 5.1 surround sound nonsense. Not for me. Stereo is more than enough. I listen in mono a lot of the time. Especially to older records. I do have a Megaboom Bluetooth speaker for the garden.

Streaming is to censored for my liking - I’m just about to move into a bigger house and in my man cave I will be getting a pair of Rokit monitors, Heath & Allen mixer and a technics turntable - my albums have been in the cupboard for 10 years but my Northern Soul singles have pride of place simply because of the value now….Vinyl all the way for me.

I have literally thousands of CD’s…and a lesser amount of vinyl, but that’s also bordeoon obscene. If I played one a day it would probably take me 10+ years to get through them. They’d been packed away for years as I’d gone flat out streaming with multiple wireless Bose speakers spread around.

About 5 years ago I reconnected some old stereo equipmemt (nothing special… Technics amp and turntable and some Mission speakers) along with a good quality (NAD) cd player a friend had given me and pit on a few cd’s. I’d forgotten how great stereo speakers sounded and I’ve spent the last 5 years gradually upgrading everything.

We have a basement which has been converted into a ‘man cave’ and a friend helped me create a full wall floor to ceiling shelf unit for the CD’s… it’s quite an impressive piece of wall art. Vinyl is a little more challenging though… think it’d bring the walls down!
    If you have the space, don’t get rid of your music. My kids and their kids in the future will always have those tangible things to hold in their hands

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I have literally thousands of CD’s…and a lesser amount of vinyl, but that’s also bordeoon obscene. If I played one a day it would probably take me 10+ years to get through them. They’d been packed away for years as I’d gone flat out streaming with multiple wireless Bose speakers spread around.

About 5 years ago I reconnected some old stereo equipmemt (nothing special… Technics amp and turntable and some Mission speakers) along with a good quality (NAD) cd player a friend had given me and pit on a few cd’s. I’d forgotten how great stereo speakers sounded and I’ve spent the last 5 years gradually upgrading everything.

We have a basement which has been converted into a ‘man cave’ and a friend helped me create a full wall floor to ceiling shelf unit for the CD’s… it’s quite an impressive piece of wall art. Vinyl is a little more challenging though… think it’d bring the walls down!
    If you have the space, don’t get rid of your music. My kids and their kids in the future will always have those tangible things to hold in their hands
    Thats the problem

Space

It ain't happening !