+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Perry Ng 'Cardiff wasn't a nice place to be'

Perry Ng 'Cardiff wasn't a nice place to be'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...place-22193784

He looked brilliant when he first came to us, hope Morison can get the best out of him again.

Re: Perry Ng 'Cardiff wasn't a nice place to be'

The standard of journalism at WalesOnline gets no better, does it?

"Perry Ng has admitted he lost all confidence and that Cardiff City "wasn't a nice place to be" during the Bluebirds' woeful run of form at the start of the season."

In fact, City were unbeaten for the first five games of the season and were 8th in the table, just three points off the top, after six league games.

There seems to be a lot of talk coming from within the squad suggesting the woeful string of results that followed a reasonable start to the campaign are now a thing of the past. The optimism is admirable, but I sincerely hope it's not wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

He looked brilliant when he first came to us, hope Morison can get the best out of him again.
    I don't think that Ng has ever been brilliant. Comfortable and good on the ball is what i would call him. He's certainly a footballer. The crimes against football that we saw from Mick and Tel must've been killing him, play like that for long enough and it'll finish a player. Ralls would have been a better footballer if it wasn't for Slade, Warnock, Mick and Harris. I'm certain of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Player in side with record 8 losses low in confidence shock from WOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that Ng has ever been brilliant. Comfortable and good on the ball is what i would call him. He's certainly a footballer. The crimes against football that we saw from Mick and Tel must've been killing him, play like that for long enough and it'll finish a player. Ralls would have been a better footballer if it wasn't for Slade, Warnock, Mick and Harris. I'm certain of that.
    I think he is one that could benefit from a different style and one that was possibly stifled with the system, but that doesn't completely get him off the hook, his role even in a negative formation offered opportunities to show what he can do and I don't think he's utilised that fully.

Other positions such as CM it was hard for players to make a mark as the way we played handicapped them to a degree and left them open to criticism. Attacking players the same, Colwill etc getting stick while at the same time showing they are the few players comfortable on the ball and years ahead of senior players in a footballing sense, but being knocked because "they did **** all when on the pitch".

I think a few players will benefit from a change even if its not overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Player in side with record 8 losses low in confidence shock from WOL.
    All they've done is write an article with quotes from a player. I know they produce some shit but let's be fair they're only posting what was said.

This I noticed most..

"Mick and Terry did a great job getting us all together and believing in each other, but after that there was no real change or way of playing or identity to us," the 25-year-old added.

"That was a bit of a problem. Moro has seen that and has tried to change that, which is working so far. Hopefully a new dawn and we can get back to winning ways."

So basically after a bit of basic man management they offered nothing. It showed.

The modern football comment as well, frustrated at no time on the ball and basically just doing as instructed (as anyone should) its not glowing of Mick and his skills is it. Proves even more it was scandalous to offer him his deal.

Oh well, the ride goes on hope we see a little better fortune for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    All they've done is write an article with quotes from a player. I know they produce some shit but let's be fair they're only posting what was said.

This I noticed most..

"Mick and Terry did a great job getting us all together and believing in each other, but after that there was no real change or way of playing or identity to us," the 25-year-old added.

"That was a bit of a problem. Moro has seen that and has tried to change that, which is working so far. Hopefully a new dawn and we can get back to winning ways."

So basically after a bit of basic man management they offered nothing. It showed.

The modern football comment as well, frustrated at no time on the ball and basically just doing as instructed (as anyone should) its not glowing of Mick and his skills is it. Proves even more it was scandalous to offer him his deal.

Oh well, the ride goes on hope we see a little better fortune for a while.
    You're right of course. They're just quoting what he said and everything you've highlighted I agree with. For me though, what I want to see is us start winning games and less hyperbole about Morison and the new regime. WOL have to fill their rag and this is just another long line of easy puff pieces IMO. I'd like to see everyone reign it in with the 'new dawn' stuff just yet and review it cold-bloodedly in January.

It's certainly a ride though and we deserve to see some better fortune. I'm excited to see what happens and at least I'm looking forward to going to matches again.

He sounds like a bit of a whiney milk drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Milk drinker? Is there a problem with drinking milk now?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    As opposed to what. A stoic, beer swilling, lout perhaps ? I know which one that I would prefer.