+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Not that I agree with it for pubs, but why would they need to employ door staff? Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to getbrhe barstaff to check for it before serving people? Like asking those that look underage for ID...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I've just realised TWG is just Wales Bales, post history makes it very obvious.
    So who is TGW1

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think your incorrect my friend perhaps we have similar opinions like many of your friends on here have with you , just to be clear , you’re making false assumptions … have another go will you ?
    I don't know who you are or who you're meant to be blah blah and I don't think it matters tbh, but one thing I noticed is your sign up date and the fact the fella I'm question hasn't been around for quite some time, he hasn't posted under that name for some time..you joined 3 months ago..makes sense that you wouldn't know who he was as a new poster..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    In New York, the bartender or waitperson asks for the pass. Seems to be working fine. Think of it as enabling business.
    I'd say the whole experience would be different in so many ways , last time I went beer costs sat between 6 to 8 dollars therefore reducing the walk in and stay to get drunk mentality and behaviours so they are more controllable , where as staff in UK pubs face a far more tricky discussion /behaviour with its drunken punters .

I've seen bars late at night 3 or 4 deep and anger from punters just waiting on normal service .

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't know who you are or who you're meant to be blah blah and I don't think it matters tbh, but one thing I noticed is your sign up date and the fact the fella I'm question hasn't been around for quite some time, he hasn't posted under that name for some time..you joined 3 months ago..makes sense that you wouldn't know who he was as a new poster..

I don’t know the nuances of a message-board, but why would anyone assume that two user names are the same person , why don’t you just ask the Board Amin to compare IP addresses if your that concerned?

:

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So who is TGW1

Seriously if you’re that concerned I’m more that happy to meet you , drop me a PM and I’ll give you my phone number ?

Do those rules apply to everyone?

Seriously if you’re that concerned I’m more that happy to meet you , drop me a PM and I’ll give you my phone number ?

Do those rules apply to everyone?
    You've asked to meet up with people a number of times now - This isn't Grindr you ****ing, moronic twat.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not that I agree with it for pubs, but why would they need to employ door staff? Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to getbrhe barstaff to check for it before serving people? Like asking those that look underage for ID...
    Problem then is that people are already in the pub and standing at the bar.

Basically the situation for the last few weeks is this;

Scotland - you need a covid jab to get in nightclubs etc
    Wales - you need a covid jab or negative test to get in nightclubs etc
    England -it's voluntary (I think)

Has there been any notable difference in rates across the three countries?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    You've asked to meet up with people a number of times now - This isn't Grindr you ****ing, moronic twat.
    We all know it is really, it's just the flirting is very aggressive.

Clearly you didn’t get it did you ….. He thinks I’m another poster ….. FGS

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    We all know it is really, it's just the flirting is very aggressive.
    How comes I ain't getting no offers of sex then? Maybe TWG1 will send me a dick pic.. a selfie.

I'd say the whole experience would be different in so many ways , last time I went beer costs sat between 6 to 8 dollars therefore reducing the walk in and stay to get drunk mentality and behaviours so they are more controllable , where as staff in UK pubs face a far more tricky discussion /behaviour with its drunken punters .

I've seen bars late at night 3 or 4 deep and anger from punters just waiting on normal service .
    So people shouldn't take entirely reasonable and manageable steps to limit the spread of a highly contagous virus because dickheads get angry at having to wait at the bar for a pint of stella? Give your head a wobble you absolute clown.

First Team

Problem then is that people are already in the pub and standing at the bar.

Basically the situation for the last few weeks is this;

Scotland - you need a covid jab to get in nightclubs etc
    Wales - you need a covid jab or negative test to get in nightclubs etc
    England -it's voluntary (I think)

Has there been any notable difference in rates across the three countries?
    Oh come off it. There are so many other factors influencing the actual and measured infection rate than just pub/bar entrance requirements to make the simplistic inference you are dying to draw laughable. there's a pattern here - you seem to want to simplify very complex issues to the point of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    In New York, the bartender or waitperson asks for the pass. Seems to be working fine. Think of it as enabling business.
    That’s way to sensible for us over here to muster, someone will take offence and the whole system will go on hold with a government enquiry….

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Oh come off it. There are so many other factors influencing the actual and measured infection rate than just pub/bar entrance requirements to make the simplistic inference you are dying to draw laughable. there's a pattern here - you seem to want to simplify very complex issues to the point of absurdity.
    I'll remind you, I only asked if there was evidence of different rates in Scotland, Wales and England in recent weeks. Chill out.

But, you are right. There are a huge number of factors influencing it, and that's my point. It's largely irrelevant, and yet we create new social divisions, discriminate against people and cross a threshold we haven't done before, for no discernible benefit.

As I said, the risk is the policy backfires; if one member of the group can't go to the pub then you end up in a house party where there are no restrictions whatsoever.

I just don't agree with it on principle, and if there is seemingly no clear health benefit either, then it's unlikely to convince me tbh.

I'll remind you, I only asked if there was evidence of different rates in Scotland, Wales and England in recent weeks. Chill out.

But, you are right. There are a huge number of factors influencing it, and that's my point. It's largely irrelevant, and yet we create new social divisions, discriminate against people and cross a threshold we haven't done before, for no discernible benefit.

As I said, the risk is the policy backfires; if one member of the group can't go to the pub then you end up in a house party where there are no restrictions whatsoever.

I just don't agree with it on principle, and if there is seemingly no clear health benefit either, then it's unlikely to convince me tbh.
    How is it discriminating against anyone? Unvaxxed just need to get a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    How comes I ain't getting no offers of sex then? Maybe TWG1 will send me a dick pic.. a selfie.
    This board is full of dicks, you must be doing something wrong.

How is it discriminating against anyone? Unvaxxed just need to get a test.
    I should add, my issue is more with the Scottish approach of requiring a vaccine as opposed to the Welsh one of a vaccine or negative test..but, there's still strong arguments it's discriminatory.

I can just see the costs and benefits and on balance don't support it. Not everything has to be done to fight the virus and nothing else. If that were the case then pubs wouldn't be open at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rapped-say-mps

**** let's hope Wales take the welsh approach although I suppose Wales is more likely to take the Sottish approach

**** let's hope Wales take the welsh approach although I suppose Wales is more likely to take the Sottish approach
    I think approaches to all of this change pretty quickly. The Welsh approach wasn't to require passes to enter the cinema, until it was.

What’s predictable about this thread is that any poster who is deemed not “regular “ and has a different opinion to the “regular” posters on any subject , not just this one ,is ganged up on ( in a virtual sense ) funny how people act when anonymous…….

Face to face a different matter I’m sure
    We live in very strange times, when it appears that governments are discovering they can impose virtually anything upon their citizens without the slightest protest. New Zealand spent a year effectively closed, they then get a few cases and hey presto decide that they can't stop covid and open up, no-one complains. States in Australia lockdown completely because of 1 single case in each - you couldn't even go to the beach ! Yet no complaints, no objections. India is imposing lockdowns in Delhi because of pollution. Do you think it unreasonable to expect a UK/Wales government to impose more lockdowns if there's a 'flu epidemic - to protect the NHS of course.

The Welsh covid pass is utter rubbish. Can't understand why anyone with a brain would support it in its current format.

It relies on asking people who haven't been vaccinated to take a covid test and then properly report the results. It's an absolute joke. If they don't care enough to get vaccinated what makes anyone think they will bother to do the test and report the results properly. All they'll do is log on and pretend they have done it.

Typical rubbish from a government who want to be seen to be doing something, without actually doing anything

So who is TGW1
    I wonder if its rudy gestede, haven't seen that poster around for a while