+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

What’s your opinion ???

https://apple.news/At_vLgX4MS7i32Ovyjy0Xrg

Shirley a small pub can’t be expected to employ doormen/person, to check.

It’ll kill businesses !!

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Works well in France. They don’t use doormen though they just have the person working there check it.

I think the reason it’ll be difficult is some of the people who cause a fuss with business owners are the exact type of people you don’t want to confront about it because it’s too much hassle.

If a Covid pass is needed for a pub then surely one must be shown for a train or bus.

No issue with it.

Add in cashless bars to reduce the spread as well.

surely its the same as when you go to a pub / cafe and the person serving you asks you to scan the T&T QR sign

just show them your phone / pass and its done

Cant see a problem with it.
    If it helps reduce the pressure on the nhs throughout the winter then it's shirley not too much of an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cant see a problem with it.
    If it helps reduce the pressure on the nhs throughout the winter then it's shirley not too much of an inconvenience.
    Step too far. Being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from passing it on. Can see the argument on how it can increase take up of the vaccine, but I think we are in danger of creating a few rather oppressive 'norms' for society as a result of Covid. The winners will be tech firms and global finance.

We are now at the point where Covid is more or less akin to seasonal flu. We would never have dreamt of such restrictions for that.

I also don't think this policy works. You make pubs more difficult to access then you push people to houses where there are no restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Step too far. Being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from passing it on. Can see the argument on how it can increase take up of the vaccine, but I think we are in danger of creating a few rather oppressive 'norms' for society as a result of Covid. The winners will be tech firms and global finance.

We are now at the point where Covid is more or less akin to seasonal flu. We would never have dreamt of such restrictions for that.

I also don't think this policy works. You make pubs more difficult to access then you push people to houses where there are no restrictions.
    Being vaccinated lowers the chance of passing it or catching it.

It’s a lot more severe than flu at the moment, we wouldn’t be seeing 150 average daily deaths from flu in the autumn.

Not saying I’m for or against the passes but there’s no need to stray from the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Being vaccinated lowers the chance of passing it or catching it.

It’s a lot more severe than flu at the moment, we wouldn’t be seeing 150 average daily deaths from flu in the autumn.

Not saying I’m for or against the passes but there’s no need to stray from the facts.
    How would you know it lowers the chance of passing it or catching it ? Looking at Gibraltar as an example that’s highly unlikely.

The IFR rate is 0.019 which is the same as flu , the difference with flu is that we don’t test people within 28 days regardless of other illnesses inherited.

It may not kill the industry but people will definitely lose jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How would you know it lowers the chance of passing it or catching it ? Looking at Gibraltar as an example that’s highly unlikely.

The IFR rate is 0.019 which is the same as flu , the difference with flu is that we don’t test people within 28 days regardless of other illnesses inherited.

It may not kill the industry but people will definitely lose jobs.
    Look in the lancet reports which has all the data. It isn’t going to stop 100% of transmissions and without any restrictions it’s still a very transmissible virus, especially the delta variant. The vaccine loses efficiency after 6 months if only given in 2 doses which also explains places seeing some growth in figures which is why boosters are important .

The IFR for Covid and flu aren’t similar either, especially without vaccination it’s about a magnitude greater.

Again not being pro or anti pass but not sticking to facts undermines arguments.

On another note, bring back table service

Look in the lancet reports which has all the data. It isn’t going to stop 100% of transmissions and without any restrictions it’s still a very transmissible virus, especially the delta variant. The vaccine loses efficiency after 6 months if only given in 2 doses which also explains places seeing some growth in figures which is why boosters are important .

The IFR for Covid and flu aren’t similar either, especially without vaccination it’s about a magnitude greater.

Again not being pro or anti pass but not sticking to facts undermines arguments.
    The IFR rate is exactly the same , I can read data , can you imagine if they tested everyone for flu within 28 days prior ?

If the vax only lasts 6 months why don’t the government look at prior infection immunity ( anti-body testing ) , as this would offer longer protection than 6 months and free up vaccination supplies for people in the greatest need ?

On a personal note , boosting everyone within a six month period is not feasible and in the recipients best interest is it ?

Why is it not feasible or in anyone’s best interest?

It’s not that it only lasts 6 months but transmission protection wanes. A lot of vaccines need more than 2 courses to make it last it isn’t a surprise with this one, especially since the emergence of the delta variant.

I’d be interested to see anywhere saying the IFR is the same for flu and Covid because everywhere I look says Covid is much higher.

I agree Covid is becoming endemic and if we are fully vaxxed we can treat it like flu but we aren’t there yet in my opinion.

Why is it not feasible or in anyone’s best interest?

It’s not that it only lasts 6 months but transmission protection wanes. A lot of vaccines need more than 2 courses to make it last it isn’t a surprise with this one, especially since the emergence of the delta variant.

I’d be interested to see anywhere saying the IFR is the same for flu and Covid because everywhere I look says Covid is much higher.

I agree Covid is becoming endemic and if we are fully vaxxed we can treat it like flu but we aren’t there yet in my opinion.

iFR rate is the same as flu - ministers have confirmed In parliament

https://twitter.com/stevebakerhw/sta...615764992?s=21

Today I asked @sajidjavid when we can expect to live with Covid-19 as an endemic disease, just like flu.

✅ Ministers have now confirmed the infection fatality rate of COVID19 is 0.096%, comparable to 🤧

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...527-0/fulltext

That says completely different.

So is the IFR the same as flu only post vaccination? Which means if immunity and waining and we are entering winter trying to keep it under wraps might be a good idea.

Again not pro or anti covid pass just saying the argument should be made with all the facts.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...527-0/fulltext

That says completely different.

So is the IFR the same as flu only post vaccination? Which means if immunity and waining and we are entering winter trying to keep it under wraps might be a good idea.

Again not pro or anti covid pass just saying the argument should be made with all the facts.
    I take on board your link from The Lancet , as I feel we need to debate freely something this important however, The Lancet Global Health Commission on High Quality Health Systems in the SDG Era is supported by funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

On that basis I think the comparisons to Flu would be more accurate if discussed in Parliament.

To me, a law which is unenforceable, is not a law (20 mph for example)

People are not wearing masks on transport or shops.

If it goes down the road of showing passes in pubs, why not shops and transport as well.

We would all love to be back to normal, but what is normal these days.

It should be all or nothing, not show it here, wear it there !!

Everywhere should be treated the same, then we would all know where we stood

I take on board your link from The Lancet , as I feel we need to debate freely something this important however, The Lancet Global Health Commission on High Quality Health Systems in the SDG Era is supported by funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

On that basis I think the comparisons to Flu would be more accurate if discussed in Parliament.
    The Lancet is very well respected and I'm not aware of any credible accusations of bias. I'm not sure what the Bill and melinda gates foundation funding relates to exactly, I know they are heavily involved in healthcare issues worldwide so it isn't a surprise they will have reason t interact with the lancet.

Parliament is not a credible source. People can say any old shite in parliament and not get called out on it. I've read hansard on some debates on a couple of topics I had some knowledge in and found people were talking utter shite, unchallenged throughout. MPs are usually not experts. Lets not pretend that it is more reliable than the lancet because it is convenient for a point you are making.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What’s your opinion ???

https://apple.news/At_vLgX4MS7i32Ovyjy0Xrg

Shirley a small pub can’t be expected to employ doormen/person, to check.

It’ll kill businesses !!
    In New York, the bartender or waitperson asks for the pass. Seems to be working fine. Think of it as enabling business.

I ****ing knew it.

If you won't take on genuine facts from the lancet then there's no point discussing it.

Yet you are taking the IFR of flu and covid from an MP at face value. **** sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Lancet is very well respected and I'm not aware of any credible accusations of bias. I'm not sure what the Bill and melinda gates foundation funding relates to exactly, I know they are heavily involved in healthcare issues worldwide so it isn't a surprise they will have reason t interact with the lancet.

Parliament is not a credible source. People can say any old shite in parliament and not get called out on it. I've read hansard on some debates on a couple of topics I had some knowledge in and found people were talking utter shite, unchallenged throughout. MPs are usually not experts. Lets not pretend that it is more reliable than the lancet because it is convenient for a point you are making.
    The funding will in my opinion give it a conflict of interest, but as I’ve said it’s important to debate things like this.

The pass in my opinion could be discriminatory and could lead to a two tiered society.

I agree that some things in Parliament are debatable and unimportant, however COVID facts gives it a different perspective altogether.

Ultimately 30% will be all for it ( regardless of any counter opinion), 40% will be on the fence and the other 30% will be against.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Bill Gates is the go-to name for covid conspiracy theorists, just like Soros is for political ones. Not saying this TGW guy is one, but alarm bells ring when he's brought into it.

The funding will in my opinion give it a conflict of interest, but as I’ve said it’s important to debate things like this.

The pass in my opinion could be discriminatory and could lead to a two tiered society.

I agree that some things in Parliament are debatable and unimportant, however COVID facts gives it a different perspective altogether.

Ultimately 30% will be all for it ( regardless of any counter opinion), 40% will be on the fence and the other 30% will be against.
    All research, including research you like, is funded.

And we're surely far enough down these tracks to take parliament with a pinch of salt.

I’ve given you a reasonable response, if it differs to yours fine - hope that helps

😂