+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Do people going to church, mosque, synagogue, house of worship, need to show passports ?

Or are they immune to covid ?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The Welsh covid pass is utter rubbish. Can't understand why anyone with a brain would support it in its current format.

It relies on asking people who haven't been vaccinated to take a covid test and then properly report the results. It's an absolute joke. If they don't care enough to get vaccinated what makes anyone think they will bother to do the test and report the results properly. All they'll do is log on and pretend they have done it.

Typical rubbish from a government who want to be seen to be doing something, without actually doing anything
    Thats pretty much the way it around around the world, prove you haven't got Covid by doing a LFT yourself and being honest

makes me laugh when people are arguing about Covid passports when they mean nothing and then we travel and sit with thousands of others at a football match without a mask insight

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Do people going to church, mosque, synagogue, house of worship, need to show passports ?

Or are they immune to covid ?
    Protected by a greater thing

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    So people shouldn't take entirely reasonable and manageable steps to limit the spread of a highly contagous virus because dickheads get angry at having to wait at the bar for a pint of stella? Give your head a wobble you absolute clown.
    I not talking about responsibilities I'm talking about the difference between two settings ie UK Bars v USA Bars and how different they are in delivering the same solution and the abuse poor old UK bar staff may get compared to less busy NYC bar as they are a world apart in terms of drinking cultures and behaviours.

If it reduces the chances of people from falling ill, eases the pressure on our NHS staff and allows businesses to keep trading then I don't have a problem with it.

The passes could be more robust and include your photo but failing that is the best solution we have.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If it reduces the chances of people from falling ill, eases the pressure on our NHS staff and allows businesses to keep trading then I don't have a problem with it.

The passes could be more robust and include your photo but failing that is the best solution we have.
    Ah yes, "..save lives, protect the NHS". That worked well didn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    What do you propose then-What's the correct course of action?

Banned

I'm all for the pass me.
    Anything to p I ss off anti vaxxers.

As long as the old farts of this world don't dilly dally at the bar, fiddling around on the phone

If the use of the pass helps cut hospital covid admissions, which in turn allows nhs staff to treat patients with other conditions, then it's hard to argue against it shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If the use of the pass helps cut hospital covid admissions, which in turn allows nhs staff to treat patients with other conditions, then it's hard to argue against it shirley?
    We were told our sacrifices were necessary to 'save the NHS'. Bollocks. For nearly 2 years nobody apart from emergency and COVID cases have been admitted to hospital. Imagine damming a river for 2yrs and then opening it up. That's what you have now, but this Govt - and all others - totally evaded the question, in fact no-one dared ever ask. Germany and Nederlands today have recorded the highest EVER number of cases. Don't you think it's time now to start questioning what 'we' have been told for nearly 2 yrs.. ?

We were told our sacrifices were necessary to 'save the NHS'. Bollocks. For nearly 2 years nobody apart from emergency and COVID cases have been admitted to hospital. Imagine damming a river for 2yrs and then opening it up. That's what you have now, but this Govt - and all others - totally evaded the question, in fact no-one dared ever ask. Germany and Nederlands today have recorded the highest EVER number of cases. Don't you think it's time now to start questioning what 'we' have been told for nearly 2 yrs.. ?
    You were chatting shit at the start of the pandemic and you still are now ffs. How can someone be this arrogant?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I don’t know the nuances of a message-board, but why would anyone assume that two user names are the same person , why don’t you just ask the Board Amin to compare IP addresses if your that concerned?
    I'm not sure, ask the concerned.

I was just pointing out you're a new user and the other fella hasn't been on here in the time you've been a member, so it occurred to me that you wouldn't know of that person, being new and him not being active since you joined.

Had an hour spare in the works van on the way from work, I don't need to be bothered to notice and point something out

Welcome to the board

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You were chatting shit at the start of the pandemic and you still are now ffs. How can someone be this arrogant?
    Because he probably believes that his liberty is more important than people getting severely ill or dying, and he probably doesn't trust the science or those who are making decisions on our behalf based on research. I can't think of any other reason. Maybe he should tell us what the right thing is to do in this situation so that we can understand where he is coming from.

We were told our sacrifices were necessary to 'save the NHS'. Bollocks.
    We were also told that nobody except those who work in the public sector would have a job left by the end of 2020. And we were told that professional football could not and would not be played during any sort of lockdowns.

Can you remember who told us those things? I'll give you a clue: it was you.

(Incidentally, based on my own experiences during recent months, I firmly believe Covid passes are a nonsense and a total waste of time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because he probably believes that his liberty is more important than people getting severely ill or dying, and he probably doesn't trust the science or those who are making decisions on our behalf based on research. I can't think of any other reason. Maybe he should tell us what the right thing is to do in this situation so that we can understand where he is coming from.
    Come off it. You know what my post said :

Don't you think it's time now to start questioning what 'we' have been told for nearly 2 yrs..

Covid passes have been strictly applied in Germany in all type of settings, and they are in big trouble as we speak .

I've shown or tried to show my pass a few times no real examination took place.

With regards to the predicted job losses Furlough has certainly worked in reducing job losses.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Covid passes have been strictly applied in Germany in all type of settings, and they are in big trouble as we speak .

I've shown or tried to show my pass a few times no real examination took place.

With regards to the predicted job losses Furlough has certainly worked in reducing job losses.
    These passes, don't they just allow someone to know that you've been vaccinated? That's their sole purpose, Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    These passes, don't they just allow someone to know that you've been vaccinated? That's their sole purpose, Right?
    Yes but you could be showng anyones if doorman pays little interest, you can download a pass for yourself and send it as a PDF as an e mail to someone else to show at a door

I've been double-vaccinated. My Covid pass is in letter form. I've been to four gigs in four different venues in Cardiff since they became compulsory. This is what happened:

Gig 1: I was asked to have my Covid pass ready in the queue outside. When I got to the front of the queue a couple of minutes later, I told the girl on the door I had an NHS letter, attempted to show it but was told it was fine and was waved in (it could have been an electricity bill for all the difference it made).

Gig 2: Asked if I had a Covid pass, replied that I did and was waved in - I didn't even get as far as taking it our of my pocket.

Gig 3: Was not asked for a Covid pass at any stage.

Gig 4: Was asked for my Covid pass, produced the letter and was then asked for further ID to prove the letter was mine (fortunately, my debit card was accepted as good enough, as that's all I had on me at the time).

It's an absolute nonsense that I can get on a busy bus or train without showing any sort of pass (and masks seem to be a thing of the past for half the people on public transport these days), I can have a few beers in a busy pub without showing any kind of pass, but I then have to show a pass to enter a gig venue. Utter bollocks.

The whole thing is totally half-arsed. It's a nuisance for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not that I agree with it for pubs, but why would they need to employ door staff? Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to getbrhe barstaff to check for it before serving people? Like asking those that look underage for ID...
    And what happens if the person kicks off as they surely will how will a smaller pub deal with that without bouncers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've been double-vaccinated. My Covid pass is in letter form. I've been to four gigs in four different venues in Cardiff since they became compulsory. This is what happened:

Gig 1: I was asked to have my Covid pass ready in the queue outside. When I got to the front of the queue a couple of minutes later, I told the girl on the door I had an NHS letter, attempted to show it but was told it was fine and was waved in (it could have been an electricity bill for all the difference it made).

Gig 2: Asked if I had a Covid pass, replied that I did and was waved in - I didn't even get as far as taking it our of my pocket.

Gig 3: Was not asked for a Covid pass at any stage.

Gig 4: Was asked for my Covid pass, produced the letter and was then asked for further ID to prove the letter was mine (fortunately, my debit card was accepted as good enough, as that's all I had on me at the time).

It's an absolute nonsense that I can get on a busy bus or train without showing any sort of pass (and masks seem to be a thing of the past for half the people on public transport these days), I can have a few beers in a busy pub without showing any kind of pass, but I then have to show a pass to enter a gig venue. Utter bollocks.

The whole thing is totally half-arsed. It's a nuisance for no good reason.
    Agreed mate, went to Wales v New Zealand, a cursory glance at my phone, but could have been any QR code, same as down the City. Waste of time

People don't want lockdowns but then they won't do the bare minimum to try and keep people safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    People don't want lockdowns but then they won't do the bare minimum to try and keep people safe.
    I'm fine with anything that makes sense and has a point. However, the Covid pass system is just nonsense.

Perhaps you don't use public transport or visit shops regularly (and that's not a piss-take - maybe you just don't). I catch a bus home from work most days and frequently wander around the shops in the city centre during my lunchtimes. The percentage of people not wearing masks on the buses and in shops seems to rise gradually every week, but there is no attempt from anyone, anywhere to question those who are not bothering.

Wearing a mask on public transport and in shops is, to me, the bare minimum, but it's not happening and we don't hear anything about it from Drakeford and Co. Why not? Is wearing a mask in these settings no longer compulsory? Or is doing so ineffective in combating the virus? Whatever the reality, we should be in a situation whereby something is either necessary and enforced, or it isn't necessary and isn't compulsory. Not the half-arsed nonsense we have at the moment.

I'm under the impression that face masks are mandatory in enclosed public places, which, by my understanding, means it's the law. Although prepared to be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    And what happens if the person kicks off as they surely will how will a smaller pub deal with that without bouncers?
    How would they deal with it normally? People kicking off at bartenders isn’t something that’s not existed before 18 months ago.