+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Why is it not feasible or in anyone’s best interest?

It’s not that it only lasts 6 months but transmission protection wanes. A lot of vaccines need more than 2 courses to make it last it isn’t a surprise with this one, especially since the emergence of the delta variant.

I’d be interested to see anywhere saying the IFR is the same for flu and Covid because everywhere I look says Covid is much higher.

I agree Covid is becoming endemic and if we are fully vaxxed we can treat it like flu but we aren’t there yet in my opinion.

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why is it not feasible or in anyone’s best interest?

It’s not that it only lasts 6 months but transmission protection wanes. A lot of vaccines need more than 2 courses to make it last it isn’t a surprise with this one, especially since the emergence of the delta variant.

I’d be interested to see anywhere saying the IFR is the same for flu and Covid because everywhere I look says Covid is much higher.

I agree Covid is becoming endemic and if we are fully vaxxed we can treat it like flu but we aren’t there yet in my opinion.

iFR rate is the same as flu - ministers have confirmed In parliament

https://twitter.com/stevebakerhw/sta...615764992?s=21

Today I asked @sajidjavid when we can expect to live with Covid-19 as an endemic disease, just like flu.

✅ Ministers have now confirmed the infection fatality rate of COVID19 is 0.096%, comparable to 🤧