+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: Possible COVID PASSES for pubs !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Problem then is that people are already in the pub and standing at the bar.

Basically the situation for the last few weeks is this;

Scotland - you need a covid jab to get in nightclubs etc
    Wales - you need a covid jab or negative test to get in nightclubs etc
    England -it's voluntary (I think)

Has there been any notable difference in rates across the three countries?
    Oh come off it. There are so many other factors influencing the actual and measured infection rate than just pub/bar entrance requirements to make the simplistic inference you are dying to draw laughable. there's a pattern here - you seem to want to simplify very complex issues to the point of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Oh come off it. There are so many other factors influencing the actual and measured infection rate than just pub/bar entrance requirements to make the simplistic inference you are dying to draw laughable. there's a pattern here - you seem to want to simplify very complex issues to the point of absurdity.
    I'll remind you, I only asked if there was evidence of different rates in Scotland, Wales and England in recent weeks. Chill out.

But, you are right. There are a huge number of factors influencing it, and that's my point. It's largely irrelevant, and yet we create new social divisions, discriminate against people and cross a threshold we haven't done before, for no discernible benefit.

As I said, the risk is the policy backfires; if one member of the group can't go to the pub then you end up in a house party where there are no restrictions whatsoever.

I just don't agree with it on principle, and if there is seemingly no clear health benefit either, then it's unlikely to convince me tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'll remind you, I only asked if there was evidence of different rates in Scotland, Wales and England in recent weeks. Chill out.

But, you are right. There are a huge number of factors influencing it, and that's my point. It's largely irrelevant, and yet we create new social divisions, discriminate against people and cross a threshold we haven't done before, for no discernible benefit.

As I said, the risk is the policy backfires; if one member of the group can't go to the pub then you end up in a house party where there are no restrictions whatsoever.

I just don't agree with it on principle, and if there is seemingly no clear health benefit either, then it's unlikely to convince me tbh.
    How is it discriminating against anyone? Unvaxxed just need to get a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How is it discriminating against anyone? Unvaxxed just need to get a test.
    I should add, my issue is more with the Scottish approach of requiring a vaccine as opposed to the Welsh one of a vaccine or negative test..but, there's still strong arguments it's discriminatory.

I can just see the costs and benefits and on balance don't support it. Not everything has to be done to fight the virus and nothing else. If that were the case then pubs wouldn't be open at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rapped-say-mps