+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A&E and ambulance performance worst ever - again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A&E and ambulance performance worst ever - again

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    NHS budgets have gone up a lot in last few years. If performance is getting worse (and it's impossible to tell cos of Covid really) then just ignoring that and shouting for more money doesn't make you a friend of the NHS.

There's clearly massive structural issues at play. Ignoring it just tolerates that

Just blaming Westminster when we are talking about a service thats been devolved for 20 years is just ridiculous and rather gutless.

This is too important for petty party politics. Everyone needs to come together on it. We all want the same thing
    And there are not massive structural issues in England ?

I think you will find its absolutely on its arse there too

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

100%

I posted a few weeks ago about a recent MRI at UHW and speaking to nurses, radiologists et al and it was clear they're furious with GPs palming off patients to A&E. It's no wonder the ambulance services are on their arse as well as A&E staff and support services if GPs have effectively shut their doors to their local patients. I haven't had a face-to-face appointment with a GP since the pandemic. As soon as the GPs are criticised for this they get upset about it. The pressure on the ambulance service and A&E isn't mainly because of COVID anymore.

The issues aren't mutually exclusive - funding has increased from Westminster to Wales but maybe not at the right rate but it has not been well used in Wales - for me everyone is culpable including decision makers in the health boards. But austerity for 10 years or so is the major contributor

Additionally you cannot seperate the issues being faced in social care not adding to the issues faced by health in terms of bed blocking and not being able to be discharged to social care services.

Therefore ambulance A takes someone to a and e but has to wait for a someone to be seen because a and e is blocked because they have no beds in the ward to put people in as they are full of people needing discharge but can't. Therefore ambulance a is off the road for x amount of time leading to longer waits for people needing an ambulance

Don't get me started on GPs and their contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The issues aren't mutually exclusive - funding has increased from Westminster to Wales but maybe not at the right rate but it has not been well used in Wales - for me everyone is culpable including decision makers in the health boards. But austerity for 10 years or so is the major contributor

Additionally you cannot seperate the issues being faced in social care not adding to the issues faced by health in terms of bed blocking and not being able to be discharged to social care services.

Therefore ambulance A takes someone to a and e but has to wait for a someone to be seen because a and e is blocked because they have no beds in the ward to put people in as they are full of people needing discharge but can't. Therefore ambulance a is off the road for x amount of time leading to longer waits for people needing an ambulance

Don't get me started on GPs and their contracts
    Top post. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

My friend who is 35 and lives in Birmingham is currently crippled by Crohns can't get treatment so yeah there it's ****ed.

It's designed to be ****ed. Time is running out.