+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Lawrence

Tom Lawrence

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-January.html

Derby are willing to release Tom Lawrence in January due to his wages (£37,000 a week!) some Championship clubs are interested

I think he'd be a very good signing for free, but certainly not on those wages

Re: Tom Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Derby are willing to release Tom Lawrence in January due to his wages (£37,000 a week!) some Championship clubs are interested

If they are releasing him, why wait until January? Get him off the books asap

He's out of contract in the summer, but I wonder what he will be looking for. I think it'll be more than what we find behind the back of the sofa

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    If they are releasing him, why wait until January? Get him off the books asap
    You can't just release someone. They've got a contract, which needs to be paid up.

How the **** is he on so much money? Is it just me that doesn't rate him at all?

If you use selection for the Welsh squad as a measurement of ability, we have better than Lawrence already at the club in the shape of Rubin Colwill. I wouldn’t quite subscribe to that theory though, yet the fact that Lawrence cannot get into the squad strongly suggests he’s gone back as a player especially when you consider where he was around the middle of the last decade. Realistically, he has to be looking at substantially less than half of what he currently earns if he was to move elsewhere, so you’d think he’d hold out until the end of his contract.

£37k a week. 😂😂😂😂😂

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How the **** is he on so much money? Is it just me that doesn't rate him at all?
    Rooney was on 100k a week. Mel Morris is worse than Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You can't just release someone. They've got a contract, which needs to be paid up.
    Exactly so why January not now?

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Exactly so why January not now?
    Because someone might pay him 20k a week, and so they'll only have to stump up 17k instead of 37k. They might as well keep him if they have to pay him up in full.

37k wow that is madness, no wonder they are in trouble , and no wonder we let him go .

Well done VT.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    37k wow that is madness, no wonder they are in trouble , and no wonder we let him go .

Well done VT.
    We didn’t let him go we only had him on loan

How the **** did Tom Lawrence ever get that kind of deal? I wonder if Neco makes that kind of money.

I'm still surprised that he wasn't sacked a few years ago after the drink driving incident.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How the **** did Tom Lawrence ever get that kind of deal? I wonder if Neco makes that kind of money.
    Scandalous isn't it? The game's a joke with these kind of wages for players like him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm still surprised that he wasn't sacked a few years ago after the drink driving incident.

Can't believe the club let him get away with that. Very poor message.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Made him captain instead…..odd.

Derby are a shitty club. Deserve it. Who was the fall guy?. Richard Keogh who was out long term and at the latter end of his career.

Keogh when fit would have been of little value if anything.

Those with potential though........ hope he pockets his 37k and leaves for nothing in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I’ve always thought he was proper shit too. Weak mentality head down type of player.

Scored a lovely goal just then.

Derby are having a right go considering the points deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Scored a lovely goal just then.

Derby are having a right go considering the points deduction.
    3 great goals in this game. Last one was superb!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    £37k a week. 😂😂😂😂😂

Unbelievable.
    Depress yourself more, £220 per hour

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Depress yourself more, £220 per hour
    it's a lot more than that, unless he's at work 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve always thought he was proper shit too. Weak mentality head down type of player.
    £37k/w is scandalous but this didn't age well that goal is anything but shit or head down and he put in a motm performance against Bournemouth last week as well including another decent finish
    Yet I can also see why fans don't always rate him as when he's off his game croesy's description can be pretty accurate as well