+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Subs and added on time...

Subs and added on time...

Watching the Belgium game...
    6 mins extra goes up at 90 mins..fingernail time..
    Ramsey gets subbed..takes a slow stroll off..even shook the ref's hand...whistle goes on exactly 6 mins..it's just encouraging time wasting.
    I'd add on a full minute with any late subs.

Re: Subs and added on time...

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Watching the Belgium game...
    6 mins extra goes up at 90 mins..fingernail time..
    Ramsey gets subbed..takes a slow stroll off..even shook the ref's hand...whistle goes on exactly 6 mins..it's just encouraging time wasting.
    I'd add on a full minute with any late subs.
    ...oh..and don't talk to me about free kicks anywhere near the box..
    They take over a minute to organise the wall..spray where the ball is..talk to the grabbers in the box...if 4 mins goes up and there's 2 free kicks..a goal kick and a sub...that's it...infuriating

Goal celebrations are my bugbear. The whole team wanders down to the far end of the ground. Ponce about for ages and then slowly walk back to their half. I'd bring in an automatic restart after say 45 seconds regardless of where the celebrating team are.

Reminded me while watching the Qpr game on sky the other week the commentator seemed shocked that city fans were booing qpr for time wasting. He mentioned it gets added on and that the ref can enforce with cards.

Well the problem obviously is it doesn't get added on properly, almost never and even if it did it's about disrupting the flow of the game.

I recognised his voice so he wasn't new to the sport, said some weird thing about Mick had been trying to change our style too. I'm guessing a mate of Mick's.

Last weekend 16 minutes were added on at the end of the first half, and 12 minutes at the end of the second - in the rugby!
    VAR looks lightning fast compared to a rugby ref chatting to a TMO!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Last weekend 16 minutes were added on at the end of the first half, and 12 minutes at the end of the second - in the rugby!
    In fairness it needs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Hear what you're saying, but at least the paying public don't get conned out of minutes