+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a bonkers country - America in all of its glory.

Re: What a bonkers country - America in all of its glory.

Forgetting the ins and outs of this case, the maddest thing is this obsession with the "2nd amendment right to bear arms" which was drafted when a gun would take 5 mins to reload one bullet and now allows people to walk around shopping centres with better guns than a lot of nation's military's soldiers carry.

The fact that a 17 year old can legally drive to a protest with an automatic weapon, whatever his plans were, is f**king insane

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Forgetting the ins and outs of this case, the maddest thing is this obsession with the "2nd amendment right to bear arms" which was drafted when a gun would take 5 mins to reload one bullet and now allows people to walk around shopping centres with better guns than a lot of nation's military's soldiers carry.

The fact that a 17 year old can legally drive to a protest with an automatic weapon, whatever his plans were, is f**king insane
    The mad thing is he was actually illegally carrying the gun but got away with that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Could you imagine if we were given the same gun laws in 12 months time. I reckon that Some of the villages up the valleys would be depopulated in a matter of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The mad thing is he was actually illegally carrying the gun but got away with that
    He was legally carrying the gun. The law that allowed the gun charges to be dropped is apparently a poorly written law, something to do with gun barrels I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The fact is that if he hadn’t been walking around a city that he didn’t live, carrying an automatic or semi-automatic weapon, then none of this would have happened.
    That weapon has to go down as severe provocation, as it shows serious intent.
    I’m not condoning the other party carrying a weapon at all (I’m staunchly anti-gun) and then apparently threatening him at all, but there’s a big visual difference between carrying a larger weapon and a handgun.
    It’s as if the boy fancied himself being in a game of ‘Call of Duty’.
    To be fair...
    He lives only 20 minutes away, he works in Kenosha and half of his family live there.

If the other loons hadn't chased him down and assaulted him after he was trying to put out a dumpster fire, then they'd still be free to roam the streets. I don't understand how their role in this is so underplayed by some people.

If I see someone carrying a rifle, my initial inclination is to move in the opposite direction, and not chase them and whack them with a skateboard, and then pull a gun on them when they're on the ground.

Also, the Call of Duty line was tried by the prosecution out of absolute desperation and is completely laughable. Traditionally (and ironically) it's the conservative types who try that line, and are the same ones who vociferously defend the US' gun laws.

The politicians trying to make him a celebrity and a martyr are ****ing nuts too. Shows everything that’s wrong with politics in that country.

The politicians trying to make him a celebrity and a martyr are ****ing nuts too. Shows everything that’s wrong with politics in that country.
    Biden labelled him a white supremacist, and that he was "angry and concerned" that a young man was found not guilty of murder.

And now, predictably, there are knuckle-dragging mouth breathers out on the streets smashing more stuff because narratives are more important than facts to such people. I bet not one of them knows anything about this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Biden labelled him a white supremacist, and that he was "angry and concerned" that a young man was found not guilty of murder.
    Biden should have kept his mouth shut really. But isn’t there a video of him with proud boys doing white power gestures or some shit.

Even though he isn’t guilty everything points to him being a horrible little shit wandering about with a gun looking for an excuse to shoot someone.

I find the hero worship of him quite scary and depressing really. Seems like there are a lot of people who want an excuse to shoot the “other side”.

Biden should have kept his mouth shut really. But isn’t there a video of him with proud boys doing white power gestures or some shit.

Even though he isn’t guilty everything points to him being a horrible little shit wandering about with a gun looking for an excuse to shoot someone.

I find the hero worship of him quite scary and depressing really. Seems like there are a lot of people who want an excuse to shoot the “other side”.
    I think a photo exists of him with a crowd of Proud Boys, but no evidence of gestures. If there was, then the prosecution would've used it in court.

Your assertion that he was "looking for an excuse to shoot someone" just doesn't ring true. Why do you see it like this? OK, carrying a rifle is excessive, but why did he only shoot 3 people in clear self-defence after they assaulted him? He wasn't exactly trigger happy before he was attacked. He was even running towards the police with his hands up before he was assaulted trying to remove himself from the situation.

What about the career criminal Grosskreutz who was illegally carrying a glock and testified that he got shot only after he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse? The same guy who, allegedly, said to a friend after the incident that his only regret was not emptying his gun on him. Others are making this guy out to be the victim, along with the convicted p-dophile when they both would've avoided being shot if they didn't threaten Rittenhouse in the first place.

I'm not making Rittenhouse out to be a hero, but I'm happy for him that the correct verdict was reached. Seeing the disgusting way the media has reported this is infuriating. The Independent even reported the other day that he shot 3 black men - how stupid and misinformed can they be?!

I didn’t say a correct verdict wasn’t reached but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t a scumbag. I think anyone walking around a protest with a rifle is looking for trouble, why else do it.

Say the guy who pointed the gun at Rittenhouse had shot and killed him, does that make the arguments on here any different in terms of who is saying what? To me, it doesn’t in the slightest. We’ve got two young men (at least one of which is a teenager) carrying guns around with them and they both pointed them at the other with at least one of them willing to shoot - how is this situation different to the draw scenes seen in hundreds of westerns which depict the America of about a hundred and fifty years ago? Those films were, in the main, a look back at an America that was lawless in many ways, with the inference I assume being that the country has moved on since those days, yet this story suggests that it hasn’t.