+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And this is why we shouldn't have alcohol during matches....

And this is why we shouldn't have alcohol during matches....

Re: And this is why we shouldn't have alcohol during matches....

I still can’t work out why there are different rules for rugby and football. How can it be illegal to run onto a football pitch but not a rugby pitch? If the guy was that drunk, why didn’t the stewards stop him going to his seat ?

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I still can’t work out why there are different rules for rugby and football. How can it be illegal to run onto a football pitch but not a rugby pitch? If the guy was that drunk, why didn’t the stewards stop him going to his seat ?
    The Law of High Jinks.

Widespread football violence in the 70s 80s and 90s

Football hooliganism

High spirits innit

I went in for the all blacks game and have been going to games for years. However not going back now. the disgusting state on some people was horrendous and just spoils it, bunch of animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I went in for the all blacks game and have been going to games for years. However not going back now. the disgusting state on some people was horrendous and just spoils it, bunch of animals.
    I've been to a few games over the years and found that, not only does the alcohol levels spoil it, but it's a sport I prefer to watch with commentators to explain wtf is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Law of High Jinks.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpaign=organic

I drink. I'm really good at it and I enjoy it
    But i never drink at a sporting event I'm paying to watch. Why bother? I'm there to watch the game. There are loads of Good places to go for a night out. A football stadium is absolutely bottom of the list for me. I just don't get it. You won't be able to enjoy to game; you won't remember it; you'll pay over the odds to drink in a stadium full of mostly men, with (at a guess) an average age of 40+. I get why you'd go to the game and then to the pub. But not the other way around.

It's like an Onion article.

Hwyl.

In our play off final a young guy sitting behind me was sick everywhere, all over my seat and on the floor next to me. Thankfully he wasn’t sick over me. The stewards came with buckets of water and cleaned it up, leaving the Cardiff fan sleeping in his seat for the remainder of the game. The young guy travelled for years on the supporters club buses and missed one of the best games in our history. Bonkers.

A sad reflection of the out of control drinking culture in this country. Millions dying from alcohol abuse every year but it's aggressively advertised and encouraged. That's the real pandemic that we should all be worried about.

I'm sure you can work that out really

Oggy.

It's an interesting subject. Why are the Welsh so good at getting smashed out of their heads, and at any given opportunity it seems. Downing pints sat in a plastic chair on a cold damp evening isn't the most appealing of past times, surely?

I think that there's definitely a booze culture in Wales. My missus works for NHS with plenty of middle aged women and getting pissed up on the weekend is somewhat celebrated by plenty of her work colleagues.

I just don't get it. It's the accepted form of drug abuse, something to laugh about.

Far bigger problem than drugs

For far too many, drinking is far more important than the game. I have a little bit of sympathy for the ‘rugby fans’ though who appear to be vaguely interested in what is happening on the pitch. Unless you are in the better seats, you have no idea what is going on. A spectator sport it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    For far too many, drinking is far more important than the game. I have a little bit of sympathy for the ‘rugby fans’ though who appear to be vaguely interested in what is happening on the pitch. Unless you are in the better seats, you have no idea what is going on. A spectator sport it is not.
    I watched Wales take on South Africa. I had no clue what was going on in terms of the game stopping every couple of minutes. Thankfully the ref is on loud speaker!

It's fun to watch when teams are going through phases in order to gain ground or break through the opposition, but then someone holds onto someone else a bit too long and it's ****ed. The refs can say pretty much what they want, how can anyone dispute what happened?

Rjk, it was more of a rhetorical question really but in the game against NZ some bloke got onto the pitch before the game started and against Fiji, some guy got onto the pitch during the game, so their plan isn’t working. Like Optimistic Nick, I don't see the point of getting hammered when going to a game. At the FA cup final, I had a couple of pints before the game, then stopped so I could enjoy it all, because there was a good chance we wouldn’t get to Wembley again. For the Carling cup final, there was a guy so hammered in the pub in Harrow ? there’s no way he could have seen much of the game or remember it.
    Last edited by SOXY BOY; 22-11-21 at 09:26. Reason: Speling

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I watched Wales take on South Africa. I had no clue what was going on in terms of the game stopping every couple of minutes. Thankfully the ref is on loud speaker!

It's fun to watch when teams are going through phases in order to gain ground or break through the opposition, but then someone holds onto someone else a bit too long and it's ****ed. The refs can say pretty much what they want, how can anyone dispute what happened?
    International Rugby is a good watch when the play is open . But the sheer size of so many of today's players means it's mostly about power .

I went into Cardiff for an International many years ago , people were howling drunk by 1 pm for 530 kick off . Every pub was packed , lines to get in .

I can't stand being around pissed people and the thought of being in a bar full of them singing the usual boring rugby songs is my idea of hell

My old man used to go occasionally with his west walian mate but got sick of getting up every 5 minutes as people were going back and forth to the bar .

The Welsh media and sporting rugby mafia say everybody should experience a International day . I think they are bollocks . People who don't seem to be interested in sport suddenly transform and stick on a rugby shirt every time the six nations comes and get a daffodil tattoo on their cheek . It's very small village really as in general people don't really care about rugby , especially in England and Scotland where its farming or public school sport . In the areas of population like Liverpool , Birmingham , Glasgow football rules .

The Welsh media and sporting rugby mafia say everybody should experience a International day . I think they are bollocks . People who don't seem to be interested in sport suddenly transform and stick on a rugby shirt every time the six nations comes and get a daffodil tattoo on their cheek . It's very small village really as in general people don't really care about rugby , especially in England and Scotland where its farming or public school sport . In the areas of population like Liverpool , Birmingham , Glasgow football rules .
    Football is more popular in England but saying people in general don’t care about rugby is about as wrong as you can get. It might not have the same following at club level as football but international rugby is massively followed in England.

Also I don’t see a problem with people enjoying the experience of rugby as a fun day out. Not everyone needs to be a hardcore fanatic, if someone is having a good time and enjoying themselves who cares.

The worst part of rugby is people getting up to go to the bar though, that I agree with.

Poor kid, that's disgusting

I've never really understood people who get absolutely hammered and then go to watch sport, surely its a shit experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Football is more popular in England but saying people in general don’t care about rugby is about as wrong as you can get. It might not have the same following at club level as football but international rugby is massively followed in England.

Also I don’t see a problem with people enjoying the experience of rugby as a fun day out. Not everyone needs to be a hardcore fanatic, if someone is having a good time and enjoying themselves who cares.

The worst part of rugby is people getting up to go to the bar though, that I agree with.
    Well they don't in general

It's a public school and west country farming sport , which is why it became popular in Wales, due to immigrants from the west country

England Rugby is followed by the same people who support the club sides . English football success creates a mass frenzy .

I don't see lining up half pissed to get into a pub with other pissed people as a fun day out and I say the same about football .