+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NBC renew their Premier League exclusive coverage for another 6 years...

NBC renew their Premier League exclusive coverage for another 6 years...

Living in the States, I'm quite happy about that as they cover every game every week somewhere on their channel lineup.

I've been watching their coverage since it began in 2013/14 and it's done a first class job both in presentation and promotion of the League itself. It's been hosted since the start by Rebecca Lowe (formerly BBC and ESPN among others) supported by Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe and, since his retirement, Tim Howard. I believe they take their feed from Sky, of course, and their matchday commentary team is Arlo White, Lee Dixon and Graham Le Saux. Full report here:-

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/11...cm_ainfo=&&&&&

NBC have exclusive rights to broadcast in the U.S. in both English and Spanish until the end of 2027/28 (6 years) and believe it or not will pay $2.7 billion for the privilege - by my reckoning that's GBP2billion or GBP450 million per year.

Re: NBC renew their Premier League exclusive coverage for another 6 years...

Sorry, 450 million annual figure would be one sixth of the 2.7billion dollars

In GBPounds that's 333 million and 333 thousand, yes?

I'm happy with that. I like Rebecca and the two Robbies. Honest crew. I'm especially impressed with Tim Howard. He talks a really good game. Same with Danny Higginbotham. No rock stars.

NBC and Sky have the same parent company (along with Universal Pictures), which is Comcast, so it makes sense.

What do they charge for the tv British football in america?

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    It comes with your cable package. Every EPL game.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Do you mean how much did NBC pay for the rights? $2.7B for EPL and La Liga. A fraction of what SKY plays.

Not watched their coverage so much since I've got IPTV.

Robbie Earl is class.
    Arlo Wight and Dixon are Great.

The introduction of Peacock is a shame, but inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Not watched their coverage so much since I've got IPTV.

Robbie Earl is class.
    Arlo Wight and Dixon are Great.

The introduction of Peacock is a shame, but inevitable.
    Peacock is shit. Can't record it. Can't pause it etc. It can **** off.

Love me some Lee Dixon. His banter with Le Saux is great.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Peacock is shit. Can't record it. Can't pause it etc. It can **** off.

Love me some Lee Dixon. His banter with Le Saux is great.
    Yep, they have great chemistry.
    IPTV has been a game changer for me.