+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Gives a good background summary and shows how guns blow everything out of proportion.

Reading that does make it almost make sense why he got off with no charge. I really didn’t know enough about it. Trying to charge him with murder seems to have been the stupidest thing to do.

Unfortunately I've had way too much time on my hands this week due to self isolating, so have had a fair old look at this case.

It's extremely unique. As much as I agree that its ridiculous for armed people to be at protests, the reality is that its common place in the US. Most of the protests had significant numbers of armed proud boys or other white supremacists, black panthers or armed locals 'protecting ' their businesses.

Rittenhouse seems to be a very inadequate and pathetic individual who harbours delusions of 'being a hero' . Hence is silly little homemade first aid kit and going to a volatile atmosphere with a firearm.

Once there he seems to have been targeted by a deranged, aggressive criminal. Some of the videos of Rosenbaum are unbelievable. Threatening several of the armed idiots, shouting and screaming 'shoot me n**ga, shoot me n**ga in peoples faces. In fact in one of the videos several female protesters are heard telling him to calm down or he'll 'get us all shot' .
    What kicked off Rosenbaum going for Rittenhouse was the fact that Rittenhouse extinguished a flaming skip hat Rosenbaum was trying to push into a building. That resulted in Rosenbaum chasing him, cornering him and trying to attack him.

More sympathy for the next 2 guys in, as they may well have thought they were dealing with an active shooter.

What really angers me is the way that both right and left have politicised it. For people on the left to say it's murder is beyond ridiculous, it was clear self defence.
    For the right to be proclaiming him a hero is beyond vile. There are senators falling over themselves to give him an internship.

Rittenhouse is a sh*thouse little child with delusions of grandeur. He came unstuck big time against a mentally ill violent child molester. The fact the 2 of them live in a country with ridiculous gun laws sent the situation nuclear

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Unfortunately I've had way too much time on my hands this week due to self isolating, so have had a fair old look at this case.

It's extremely unique. As much as I agree that its ridiculous for armed people to be at protests, the reality is that its common place in the US. Most of the protests had significant numbers of armed proud boys or other white supremacists, black panthers or armed locals 'protecting ' their businesses.

Rittenhouse seems to be a very inadequate and pathetic individual who harbours delusions of 'being a hero' . Hence is silly little homemade first aid kit and going to a volatile atmosphere with a firearm.

Once there he seems to have been targeted by a deranged, aggressive criminal. Some of the videos of Rosenbaum are unbelievable. Threatening several of the armed idiots, shouting and screaming 'shoot me n**ga, shoot me n**ga in peoples faces. In fact in one of the videos several female protesters are heard telling him to calm down or he'll 'get us all shot' .
    What kicked off Rosenbaum going for Rittenhouse was the fact that Rittenhouse extinguished a flaming skip hat Rosenbaum was trying to push into a building. That resulted in Rosenbaum chasing him, cornering him and trying to attack him.

More sympathy for the next 2 guys in, as they may well have thought they were dealing with an active shooter.

What really angers me is the way that both right and left have politicised it. For people on the left to say it's murder is beyond ridiculous, it was clear self defence.
    For the right to be proclaiming him a hero is beyond vile. There are senators falling over themselves to give him an internship.

Rittenhouse is a sh*thouse little child with delusions of grandeur. He came unstuck big time against a mentally ill violent child molester. The fact the 2 of them live in a country with ridiculous gun laws sent the situation nuclear
    Good post.

Good post.
    Agreed a good summary fair play.

Wasn't one of the lads chasing him have a gun ??

The other wanted to smash him up with a skateboard.

He In a stupid country that (allows ) someone to carry a weapon for self defence purposes decided to use it as he was being chased down with intent to injure or even kill ??

Just watched the item about this chap on the BBC TV news. Not an ounce of humility, just a rather smug "look at me, I'm famous" expression on his face. I think he needs to keep his head down for a wee while as I'm sure there must be some gun-toting individuals who would just love to goad him into a confrontation so that they too can kill with impunity by claiming self defence. Wouldn't that be ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Just watched the item about this chap on the BBC TV news. Not an ounce of humility, just a rather smug "look at me, I'm famous" expression on his face. I think he needs to keep his head down for a wee while as I'm sure there must be some gun-toting individuals who would just love to goad him into a confrontation so that they too can kill with impunity by claiming self defence. Wouldn't that be ironic.
    If he rocks up in Llanrumney with that attitude he's for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Irony? Not a chance, not a single witness account or footage of the event shows he goaded any of the three people shot.

First guy was looking for a fight all night, why he got into a confrontation with Rittenhouse I don't know, but going off of footage of before the shooting I'd bet the nonce was the aggressor. He chased Rittenhouse and tried to grab his gun, you can't do that and expect to not get shot.

Second and third guys thought they were responding to an active shooter, I have sympathy for them both but neither were goaded into attacking Rittenhouse, they acted off of false information and both attacked him, one even pulled a gun on him.

His first tv interview is with Tucker Carlson, not exactly a conciliatory move. Presumably so he can play up to a hard right audience.

The trumpite mob seem to think its heroic to sh*t yourself, run away and then pull a trigger

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post

The trumpite mob seem to think its heroic to sh*t yourself, run away and then pull a trigger
    That's a very harsh way of putting it. Regardless of what you think of Kyle or America's gun laws, it was obvious self-defence and a lot more people could've been a lot more reckless. Regardless of whether you think he should've been there or not, he was only 16 ffs.

In general, he was clearly not guilty. Anyone who followed this case and looked at the evidence for themselves would realise it should never have gotten to court in the first place. He was chased down and assaulted, and the prosecution's key witness admitted he only got shot after he pointed a gun at him.

The media have yet again shown how utterly disgraceful they are in this case. I hope Kyle sues them in to oblivion for the way they've reported on this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    That's a very harsh way of putting it. Regardless of what you think of Kyle or America's gun laws, it was obvious self-defence and a lot more people could've been a lot more reckless. Regardless of whether you think he should've been there or not, he was only 16 ffs.

In general, he was clearly not guilty. Anyone who followed this case and looked at the evidence for themselves would realise it should never have gotten to court in the first place. He was chased down and assaulted, and the prosecution's key witness admitted he only got shot after he pointed a gun at him.

The media have yet again shown how utterly disgraceful they are in this case. I hope Kyle sues them in to oblivion for the way they've reported on this case.
    If you read any of my posts on the subject of his guilt , you will see i believe firmly it was self defence.
    That has nothing to do with this particular comment. The trump types are now lauding him as a hero which is quite frankly ridiculous. To give the first interview to Tucker Carlson is an inflammatory move as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    A caricature, of course. Shooting someone while engaging in an argument will get you life in jail, if you escape the death penalty. Shoot someone, however, who has already declared his intention to kill you should he find you alone, and finds himself in precisely that circumstance and is lunging at you; or who is kicking your head in or beating you about the head with a skateboard and is himself armed, well, then, you may act to prevent yourself from death or imminent bodily harm.

Is this not the law in Britain?
    Didn't he cross state lines with a gun, how old was he again?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Irony? Not a chance, not a single witness account or footage of the event shows he goaded any of the three people shot.

First guy was looking for a fight all night, why he got into a confrontation with Rittenhouse I don't know, but going off of footage of before the shooting I'd bet the nonce was the aggressor. He chased Rittenhouse and tried to grab his gun, you can't do that and expect to not get shot.

Second and third guys thought they were responding to an active shooter, I have sympathy for them both but neither were goaded into attacking Rittenhouse, they acted off of false information and both attacked him, one even pulled a gun on him.
    I would have thought the said Mr. Rittenhouse might have shown some signs of remorse over what happened rather than the rather smug attitude he adopted in front of the cameras. If it were me I would have been physically sick knowing that I had killed two people whether in self defence or otherwise. Surely we have to question why he went out with a loaded gun in the first place unless he intended to use it at some point. It seems to me his motive was that of a vigilante, so either he would be prepared to kill someone in defence of someone else or himself. I guess it's the "American way". BTW I see he has taken my advice and is keeping his head down - I wonder why!

"Mr Rittenhouse is now in an undisclosed location, a spokesman for his family told CBS".
    Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59358172

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Apparently he was at his friend's house in Kenosha.
    That's where the guns were kept.

His friends father bought the gun for him and kept it in his gun safe.

Mad video this is.

https://youtu.be/tkTnQfjRvk0

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Exactly - no one drives into another city with an assault rifle because they want to protect a H&M.
    He did so cos he wanted to light someone up and obviously in an angry mob he’ll get that opportunity. If everyone had this little pricks mentality it would have been an absolute bloodbath

And what if he was black? he probably would have been shot on sight for just holding the Damn rifle

America is f**ked - this kid should’ve gone down for 20-30 years

Apparently he was at his friend's house in Kenosha.
    That's where the guns were kept.

His friends father bought the gun for him and kept it in his gun safe.

Mad video this is.

https://youtu.be/tkTnQfjRvk0
    That's That's good video.

Shows a lot of stuff, which may not have happened had an underage kid not been let loose with a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Exactly - no one drives into another city with an assault rifle because they want to protect a H&M.
    He did so cos he wanted to light someone up and obviously in an angry mob he’ll get that opportunity. If everyone had this little pricks mentality it would have been an absolute bloodbath

And what if he was black? he probably would have been shot on sight for just holding the Damn rifle

America is f**ked - this kid should’ve gone down for 20-30 years
    20-30 years for what? He was attacked by all three of the people he shot and was unconfrontational during the protest. If he was some deranged killer who wanted to cause a mass causality event he wouldn't have stopped shooting after the third guy was shot.

You're right to question his motives, I have myself. But that doesn't change the fact he was attacked multiple times and rightly defended himself, it's nothing to do with race and honestly the misinformation surrounding the trial is concerning.

20-30 years for what? He was attacked by all three of the people he shot and was unconfrontational during the protest. If he was some deranged killer who wanted to cause a mass causality event he wouldn't have stopped shooting after the third guy was shot.

You're right to question his motives, I have myself. But that doesn't change the fact he was attacked multiple times and rightly defended himself, it's nothing to do with race and honestly the misinformation surrounding the trial is concerning.
    If he didn't have a gun he wouldn't have shot anyone.

Why did he have to go there with a gun if had peaceful motives.
    He went there to confront and kill .

He was attacked by all three of the people he shot and was unconfrontational during the protest.
    Some may dare to suggest that wandering the streets armed with a semi-automatic rifle is rather confrontational.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Why did he have to go there with a gun if had peaceful motives.
    He went there to confront and kill .
    Yet he didn't confront anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Some may dare to suggest that wandering the streets armed with a semi-automatic rifle is rather confrontational.
    And that justifies chasing and trying to take the gun off of him?

And that justifies chasing and trying to take the gun off of him?
    That’s not what I said. Nor even remotely close to what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s not what I said. Nor even remotely close to what I said.
    Thanks for your contribution