+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Mad isn’t it. The UK equivalent would be someone driving from Swindon with a knife to get involved in the Tottenham Riots and stabbing 3 people to death because some yob tried to take your knife off you.

No way you’re not getting sent down in the UK and rightly so
    One massive difference. In that wandering around Swindon with a blade would be illegal. Crazily, wandering around an American city with a military style assault rifle isn't illegal.

If you want to use the fact he went armed against him, you need to use it against every other rambo wannabe who went armed to a protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    self defence or not, if he doesn't bring a weapon to a riot in another town then 2 dead people would now be alive.

imagine if during the Tottenham riots you drive to London brandishing a weapon. if you ended up killing someone even if it was in self defence then I'm sure the British legal system would hold your actions at least partially responsible
    I think this goes to the heart of the whole issue without needing to dissect the machinations of the US legal system.

This entire business of allowing marauding wannabee GI Joe's to carry even so much as a revolver, let alone a machine gun, is senseless beyond belief. Talk about the freedom to bear arms is puerile nonsense; what about the freedom stay alive rather than have your life taken away at the hands of some gun toting moron?

What on Earth goes on in these peoples' piece of tissue they use for a brain so that they think they can interfere with the work of professionals and rock up to some gig tooled up in order to enact their militaristic fantasies? And more to the point, why can't those who profess to wield power in the US not realize there are evil and powerful political puppet masters engineering this mayhem in the background?

I mean, would these numbskulls dream of commandeering their own fire engines to interfere with the work of firefighters as they are working to extinguish a dangerous fire? If not why then do they believe they have a right to interfere with the work of the police while they engage in fighting to quell nasty riots, and in so doing escalate the problem to a much higher level?

Our country is a long, long way from being perfect but I thank my lucky stars the powers that be would never ever allow such an absurdly dangerous situation to occur over here. Lethal weapons should be reserved for those that protect us and not available to the general populace full stop. This protects society at large from the immature egotistical idiot that we are all capable of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think this goes to the heart of the whole issue without needing to dissect the machinations of the US legal system.

This entire business of allowing marauding wannabee GI Joe's to carry even so much as a revolver, let alone a machine gun, is senseless beyond belief. Talk about the freedom to bear arms is puerile nonsense; what about the freedom stay alive rather than have your life taken away at the hands of some gun toting moron?

What on Earth goes on in these peoples' piece of tissue they use for a brain so that they think they can interfere with the work of professionals and rock up to some gig tooled up in order to enact their militaristic fantasies? And more to the point, why can't those who profess to wield power in the US not realize there are evil and powerful political puppet masters engineering this mayhem in the background?

I mean, would these numbskulls dream of commandeering their own fire engines to interfere with the work of firefighters as they are working to extinguish a dangerous fire? If not why then do they believe they have a right to interfere with the work of the police while they engage in fighting to quell nasty riots, and in so doing escalate the problem to a much higher level?

Our country is a long, long way from being perfect but I thank my lucky stars the powers that be would never ever allow such an absurdly dangerous situation to occur over here. Lethal weapons should be reserved for those that protect us and not available to the general populace full stop. This protects society at large from the immature egotistical idiot that we are all capable of being.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

Mindblowing how differently a lot of them see it though, the replies to this (as well as the original tweet) are

https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status...476287500?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Mindblowing how differently a lot of them see it though, the replies to this (as well as the original tweet) are

I can’t believe they genuinely believe that. Yeah pal you and your gun collection is the only thing stopping that. All the armies would be shitting themselves at your 5 guns.

I only got 4 replies in, and I'd already counted 'scamdemic' and 'poison vaccine '

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I only got 4 replies in, and I'd already counted 'scamdemic' and 'poison vaccine '
    I stopped reading at this one

FExeTgvXsAEIE9I.jpg

FExeTgvXsAEIE9I.jpg
    Fantastic 🤣.

He's a hunter. He was on the Joe Rogan show promoting guns

FExeTgvXsAEIE9I.jpg
    I'm totally against the abuse of photoshop too.

Twitter makes me laugh but then I realise satire was so last century and I invariably sink into a deep depression....

However, Thomas Massie with zero sense of irony describes himself as 'the greenest member of congress' in his profile. That did make me laugh....but now....

All this reminds me of the famous Tony Martin case. Remember him - the guy in Norfolk who was jailed for shooting a burglar who broke into his house in the night? When I told my American cousin (she lived near Wilkes Boro in Pa) the story she could not believe it as anyone who broke into their house would get both barrels with no recriminations whatsoever; and she was a caring, mild mannered person!!!

Also I think we have to remember that many Americans have a "them and us" attitude when it comes to Government, and in a much stronger sense than us Brits, to the point of paranoia about conspiracies to subdue the masses. Hence the advent of "preppers" etc.

from that link, not sure its on the CCMB approved list of links though ( I lose track on what we can take news from these days )

https://nypost.com/2021/11/21/armed-...rce=NYPTwitter

both of them are walking down the street with AR15 like its normal, which I guess to some it is

My word I started on that rabbit hole of a thread

It’s mental how some of them think

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gross.

Whatever people's opinions on whether he should have been locked up or not, surely celebrating him is just too weird.

Let him rake in the money and then file a civil suit.

In other news, cult leader Donald Trump got booed by his own disciples yesterday for admitting to having been double vaxxed and boosted. Apparently "freedom" only counts when you choose to not get vaccinated. America is falling apart. Our system of government is ludicrous. Rupert Murdoch has conquered America.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Gross.

Whatever people's opinions on whether he should have been locked up or not, surely celebrating him is just too weird.
    Absolutely. The guy was found not guilty and everyone should respect that, but you don't hold him up as a hero. it's still a grim tale.

There's a lot of false prophet worshipping in the United States.

Yanks have always been a bit warped but this lot, and more dangerously, their leaders are off the scale.

The phrase "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" comes to mind. What an insane section of society there. I say section as I hope the majority of Americans are as appalled by this as we are.