+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Isle of Man TT

Isle of Man TT

Anyone on here go over to watch, or even have a go at it?
    I'm thinking of having a look next year.
    Pro's and cons?

Re: Isle of Man TT

My wife's family is from the IOM. We have been over there during practice week.
    Pros. It's exciting if you like fast motorbikes.
    Cons. A lot of people die proptionatley compared to other forms of motorbike racing. Apart from the TT races I can't think of any other reason to visit the IOM.

a old neighbour of mine goes most years, he has converted a Vivaro van to live in when he goes ( only time the van leave his drive ), just sounds like one big party with a bit of watching realyl fast bikes whizz past, he loves it and its the highlight of his year, I guess if you are into fast bikes and love to party its going to tick both boxes

You may struggle for next year if you want to take a vehicle or bike, normally the ferry is sold out a year in advance. Have a look at the Iomspc site. Foot passenger carrying a tent maybe ok.

I’ve been involved as a mechanic, spectator & Marshall since the 60s. TT, Manx & S100. Met & married my wife at the TT & lived there for a few years. I was there a couple of weeks ago.

I guarantee you will never see anything like it ever, just do it.

Drop me a pm if you’re serious & I’ll help out where I can.

Apparently loads and loads of female followers

Never been but its on my bucket list obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You may struggle for next year if you want to take a vehicle or bike, normally the ferry is sold out a year in advance. Have a look at the Iomspc site. Foot passenger carrying a tent maybe ok.

I’ve been involved as a mechanic, spectator & Marshall since the 60s. TT, Manx & S100. Met & married my wife at the TT & lived there for a few years. I was there a couple of weeks ago.

I guarantee you will never see anything like it ever, just do it.

Drop me a pm if you’re serious & I’ll help out where I can.
    Thanks

We're looking for an alternative to the F1 at Silverstone. Options being a F1 race in Europe, possibly Austria, Moto GP or the TT.
    My vote will be for the TT, but from what you've said about the ferry I think we'll have to plan that for 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Thanks

We're looking for an alternative to the F1 at Silverstone. Options being a F1 race in Europe, possibly Austria, Moto GP or the TT.
    My vote will be for the TT, but from what you've said about the ferry I think we'll have to plan that for 2023.
    If you want an alternative to the TT, look up the NorthWest 200 or the Ulster Grand Prix. Equally as mad, dangerous & exciting as the TT with the opportunity for a week in N.I.

If you want an alternative to the TT, look up the NorthWest 200 or the Ulster Grand Prix. Equally as mad, dangerous & exciting as the TT with the opportunity for a week in N.I.
    Thanks again Des.

I was watching a bike race on TV in the summer. Can't remember what it was called, but I think it was in Yorkshire. It looked like a street circuit that went through a park. Camping was right next to the track which I liked the look of.
    Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Thanks again Des.

I was watching a bike race on TV in the summer. Can't remember what it was called, but I think it was in Yorkshire. It looked like a street circuit that went through a park. Camping was right next to the track which I liked the look of.
    Any idea?
    That’ll be Oliver’s Mount Scarborough. Another cult circuit. Probably only use it 2-3 times a year.

https://www.oliversmount.com/

EasyJet have announced they’re putting on extra flights from Bristol to the Island for the TT, worth checking it out

EasyJet have announced they’re putting on extra flights from Bristol to the Island for the TT, worth checking it out
    Nice one

Austria for the F1 is looking like the favorite at the moment. I'll let the others decide where we're going so I don't get the blame if it's crap