+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ole the Wally on his way - Solskjaer sacked. Confirmed

Re: Ole the Wally on his way - Solskjaer sacked. Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    1974 were relegated ... one season wonders in the old Division 2

Won't ever happen again ... not with Ronaldo!
    I remember the City home game in Division 2 in 1974 with United well. Their fans were given the whole of the bob bank and pretty much filled it as well (10000 ish ?). Some of them spent most of the game demolishing the walls at the back and around the floodlights and trying to lob the resulting ‘spare’ breeze blocks and bricks into to Grange End. Only to be returned with interest of course. United won by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Interestingly, OGS had a higher win percentage than both Moyes and Van Gaal. Only Mourinho has had a better win percentage as United manager since Ferguson retired.
    Spent more money and had better players at his disposal too. Even when winning their XG was often shit and so often they looked utterly clueless.

Europa league final was one of the more baffling performances I’ve seen. Especially in terms of not using subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Spent more money and had better players at his disposal too. Even when winning their XG was often shit and so often they looked utterly clueless.

Europa league final was one of the more baffling performances I’ve seen. Especially in terms of not using subs.
    Exactly, he spent a staggering half a billion quid on players! None of us know what he's like on a day to day basis but every single interview he gave left me with the opinion he was he was way way out of his depth.

He's like the bloke at work that get's promoted to do a job he's totally ill equipped to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Exactly, he spent a staggering half a billion quid on players!
    Did he sign any of those players or did the club sign them? I somehow doubt he had much to do with signing any of them.

That’s not a defence of OGS, by the way. He was clearly way out of his depth. Nevertheless, I don’t think he was personally responsible for any of United’s major signings.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    i wish we were 7th in the prem
    I could get that team in the top 4. They have the 4th best squad. At least.

Did he sign any of those players or did the club sign them? I somehow doubt he had much to do with signing any of them.

That’s not a defence of OGS, by the way. He was clearly way out of his depth. Nevertheless, I don’t think he was personally responsible for any of United’s major signings.
    That’s why the board didn’t want to sack him, he was a yes man and they didn’t want another Mourinho or Van Gaal going public with the problems at the club.

That’s why they would never have gone for Conte.

Man United seem to be using us as role models

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    United won by the way.
    On the pitch

Probably not as none of them were Norwegian!

But even if he had minimal input into the signings - he's had a wealth of talent come into the club that that he's failed to make the most of.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    i wish we were 7th in the prem
    After spending 400 million I’d hope so too

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    After spending 400 million I’d hope so too
    Quite.

I remember the City home game in Division 2 in 1974 with United well. Their fans were given the whole of the bob bank and pretty much filled it as well (10000 ish ?). Some of them spent most of the game demolishing the walls at the back and around the floodlights and trying to lob the resulting ‘spare’ breeze blocks and bricks into to Grange End. Only to be returned with interest of course. United won by the way.
    My mate who is a from Mansfield is a plastic Manc. He sent me this review of that infamous game a year or so back:

https://strettynews.com/2013/11/24/t...-39-years-ago/

Well worth a read

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I’m amazed he lasted this long to be honest. Anyone who spunks £80 million on Harry Maguire needs a good sorting out to be honest. He’ll never manage in the Prem again and the only reason he’s been there so long is for nostalgia reasons. Seemed a nice guy but totally out of his depth like when he was with us. They will probably go for Zidane now which would be the most sensible appointment.
    A manager that's learning English. The most sensible option.

Another Utd fan's perspective of the day they came to Cardiff in August '74

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/card...d-1974.158684/